Our lack of intensity isn't due to being "unfit" or "tiredness"

FatherWolff

So you're saying Ole should get a free pass this season because, "this season is something else?"

How about we wait until December to see exactly where we're at in regards to the other teams before being so generous with Ole?
That isn’t what I’m saying at all. I don’t look at the world black and white, and think if something doesn’t sit right, there might be multiple reasons why.

Ole has earned this season finishing third. He has done a good job and is still doing so IMO.
But he can’t continue with a team playing this way for long. But I suspect they won’t either.
But my point was and still is. The parameters for finding the details has changed. For those who like looking at details, that is.I really don’t think “lack of coaching” or patterns of play is the reason Maguire is looking a complete donkey at the moment. And I actually rate him. Just one example.

Edit: I don’t know if you have participated in sports at somewhat higher level. But it is hard maintenance keeping form. It is just as hard mental as physical. I don’t know about you. But I found it difficult keeping my energy up during lock down. Not because I didn’t want to, but the things I do daily to energise I couldn’t do. I can only imagine what that would do to me if I had to preform at top physically to. I can also see the difficulty re-energising if I did. That would take some tall mentally, and I’m not sure how I would go about it, because everything has changed.

Last edited:

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
That isn’t what I’m saying at all. I don’t look at the world black and white, and think if something doesn’t sit right, there might be multiple reasons why.

Ole has earned this season finishing third. He has done a good job and is still doing so IMO.
But he can’t continue with a team playing this way for long. But I suspect they won’t either.
But my point was and still is. The parameters for finding the details has changed. For those who like looking at details, that is.I really don’t think “lack of coaching” or patterns of play is the reason Maguire is looking a complete donkey at the moment. And I actually rate him. Just one example.

Edit: I don’t know if you have participated in sports at somewhat higher level. But it is hard maintenance keeping form. It is just as hard mental as physical. I don’t know about you. But I found it difficult keeping my energy up during lock down. Not because I didn’t want to, but the things I do daily to energise I couldn’t do. I can only imagine what that would do to me if I had to preform at top physically to. I can also see the difficulty re-energising if I did. That would take some tall mentally, and I’m not sure how I would go about it, because everything has changed.
Fair points and in general I agree with you but unfortunately the parameters in football will never change whatever the circumstances especially at one of the biggest clubs in the world. Being a results based business if the results aren't there then we shouldn't think, oh Ole (insert any manager) didn't get to sign Sancho so he should be given 6 months more. Good managers compensate when things don't go their way and great managers still find the winning formula.

Lack of preseason could be a valid excuse but at the end of the day it should of been planned for. Maquire, who by the way I rate as well should never have been near the team because it's pretty obvious his head is no where near right the same as Pogba who if reports are true didn't train at a level he should of been before playing PL football so in it's own way it is a "lack of coaching" why we've started so bad this season.