Our Performances Since The 2023 League Cup Final

Eddy_JukeZ

And yet people will still make excuses for Ten Hag.

We've been horrific for a very large sample size now.

Kellyiom

It’s quite strange. I can’t put my finger on what changed so much.

The 7-0 surely can’t be why the coaching have been so shit for over a year now?
For me, the 7-0 is a major factor but I don't know how that would be allowed to become entrenched in our mentality.

Maybe I'm misremembering but didn't Shaw make some odd, cryptic comments about it that suggested there are issues all over the club, not just on the pitch?

What has been strange as well is how many of us on the caf have been saying that it's not a case of the players 'not playing for the manager' and I largely think that’s right.

Poor basic level mistakes, errors from fatigue, inability to put a game out of the opponent's reach; they've all been the case but not that kind of virtual mutiny.

Considering we're seeing this style of allowing midfield to get overrun, I'm surprised tbh.

I would love to be a fly on the wall!

KeanoMagicHat

The last 4 games of last season were good, it looked like we weren't going to make Champions League after that De Gea howler against West Ham. Then we won the last four games of the PL. Also didn't play too badly in the FA Cup final, considering we conceded a goal in the first minute and the standard of the opposition.

People pick the League Cup final as some seminal point, but overall last season was very good, apart from the odd complete blip game like the Liverpool one. The start of last season was also poor but people disregard that.

This season has been abysmal almost start to finish. The first half against Wolves set the tone for a season that has never changed.

YikesSchmeics

Didn't think it'd get worse than Rangnick. But here we are
Sorry now but my memory of Ragnicks reign was losing 4 nil seemingly every week. It's bad now, no doubt, but no need to be revisionist - it was dire under Ragnick.

Ragnick 37% win rate P 29 W11 D10 L8 - absolutely shit

Ten Hag 59% win rate P 105 W62 D14 L29 - not great, but not far off being twice as good as Ragnicks insanely low bar.

Last edited:

Pintu

Sorry now but my memory of Ragnicks reign was losing 4 nil seemingly every week. It's bad now, no doubt, but no need to be revisionist - it was dire under Ragnick.

Ragnick 37% win rate P 29 W11 D10 L8 - absolutely shit

Ten Hag 59% win rate P 105 W62 D14 L29 - not great, but not far off being twice as good as Ragnicks insanely low bar.
This is wrong. Comparing oranges with oranges (PL) Ragnick got 1,54 ppg and ETH is currently at 1,58 this season (it was 1,97 the previous season)

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I think we have been horrific since Erikssen got injured last season. We havent returned to the level we reached before that. We've gone backwards results and performances wise.

I think the turning point was Erikssen injury and Casemiro red cards on top of that. Losing them really ruined momentum and we've done nothing to fix it other than signing fringe players to make sure we have 11 players on the pitch. Theyre both old as well.

Last edited:

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I think we have been horrific since Erikssen got injured last season. We havent returned to the level we reached before that. We've gone backwards results and performances wise.
I'd agree with that. I also think we have been shocking since the Southampton game at home last season.

thisisnottaken1

I think the turning point was Erikssen injury and Casemiro red cards. Losing them really ruined momentum and we had done nothing to fix it other than signing fringe players to make sure we have 11 players on the pitch. Theyre both old as well.
That’s actually a good shout. I’d agree with you that we’ve looked bad (maybe not bad initially, but since the league cup final certainly) ever since that thundercnut Carroll injured Eriksen.

Dr Foo

Watching that league cup final, who knew we would go from a somewhat solid team just sorely lacking a CF to one with a gapping hole in the middle aspiring to be the best ‘transition’ team in the world, with a worse attack

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
My alternative opinion.

Very few teams have been that good since the Qatar World Cup.

Newcastle have fallen off.

Liverpool are capable of shocking performances.

Spurs remain Spurs and have yet to do anything of note.

city are arguably slightly worse than last season.

Chelsea remain inconsistent.

Only team that's improved considerably is Arsenal.

My other view is that on this basis, we're only 3 or 4 top players from challenging. Going into next season, there's going to be question marks over most teams aside from maybe Arsenal and city. No team is guaranteed top 4 now.

Dr Foo

I think the turning point was Erikssen injury and Casemiro red cards on top of that. Losing them really ruined momentum and we've done nothing to fix it other than signing fringe players to make sure we have 11 players on the pitch. Theyre both old as well.
True that. It was the platform for our best run last season, feels like we played so differently. Eriksen for that short while gave us control and minimised chaos