Our Rival's squad next season - Chelsea

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Cahill wasn't a good signing IMO. I know he was cheap but if you look at their starting line up centre back is still a weak area for them. Dunno why they didn't just aim their sights a little higher and sort that area of the pitch out.
I'd agree that they need someone else. When you look around they could've always put in a cheeky bid for Silva considering AC Milan were obviously willing to sell at the right price, or they could've looked at Agger as well as Liverpool would probably sell at a good price. Cahill is a decent player but shouldn't be the best centre back in a side looking for the title.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
So far in the pre-season we've played a 4-2-3-1 formation (with Lampard as one of the two).

If that continues into the season I would imagine we'll be lining up somthing like...

.................Cech........
Ivanovic.Terry..Cahill..Cole
...........Lampard..Mikel....
......Hazard..Oscar..Mata....
................Torres...........

Lampard obviously further foward than Mikel and the 3 behind Torres swapping all over the place.
The attacking mid trio will give you plenty of creativity and they can be playmakers. You don't need Lamps to start when you have those three playing. You need defensive cover and Ramires offers you more than Lamps in that department.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Ayee, Lampard shouldn't play ahead of Ramires, there isn't much use for him with that attacking trio behind Torres.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Has United ever spent up to 10m or even more than that on a player who has gone out on loan a couple of seasons later???

skeeta

Yet another rambling idiot
Di Matteo's greatest challenge is not being a hapless suppliant to Roman. Then, somehow, educe how to mould this team; so it acts as one unit and hope a healthy symbiosis develops between these hugely gifted players.

towcester_red

So far in the pre-season we've played a 4-2-3-1 formation (with Lampard as one of the two).

If that continues into the season I would imagine we'll be lining up somthing like...

.................Cech........
Ivanovic.Terry..Cahill..Cole
...........Lampard..Mikel....
......Hazard..Oscar..Mata....
................Torres...........

Lampard obviously further foward than Mikel and the 3 behind Torres swapping all over the place.
No Ramires? Are you mad?

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
But you would pick the unproven in England Oscar and Hazard, plus the shite Mikel over a rapidly improving with every game Ramires?!
Mikel is most certainly not shite and is much more suited to the defensive role than Ramires.

If we played a big game next week? I'd have Ramires starting for sure. As the season goes on I can't see him starting week in and week out in front of Hazard, Mata and Oscar.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Honestly don't see Chelsea as a huge threat this year. If Arsenal can keep Van Persie, I wouldn't be surprised to see them finish ahead of Chelsea.

Hallucinogen

I do expect Arsenal to finish third, one place higher above us.

I already said before Oscar and Hazard have been the only real additions to our team despite spending millions while Emenalo is busy playing football manager.

Hallucinogen

Well meireles has most certainly left leaving us very light in the middle, we already were weak depth wise in the central position and now with raul and essien gone there might be problems. What I feel however is that now the true rebuilding has started, we have a team which IMO will finish in the top 4 but other than that there is no huge pressure on rdm. As a supporter who cares for the club rather than just trophies I like this direction even though rdm might not be the best manager to take us forward.

Also after that falcao blitz there were reports coming out of Columbia itself that Chelsea had a pre agreement with falcao in January. I dismissed them as media bollocks but then with his father coming out and saying a move in January is very likely, how city; Chelsea and a russian club are after him and especially when he mentions how falcao loved Chelsea as a youngster(it's true bastards, Falcao worships us) I feel there might be something very substantial in these reports.

Watch this space I guess.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Realistic title challengers?

I think so. They haven't looked impressive but have managed to gain a lot of points early on.

They look like they have a lot of goals in them

Saliph

I doubt it. I think they'll gradually fall behind as the season progresses.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
It's the matter of time when they will crack, they can't play whole season like this.

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
Still think they need an out-and-out striker when things don't go their way.
They lack proper cb cover too . But can't deny they are looking good. A bit worried they might bring in Falcao then they will have a proper out and out striker....

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Said it all summer that they would be up there this season, far too early to call but they have looked very impressive so far.

DevilRed

They are an injury to torres away from being very mediocre IMO.

But this is a much improved chelski squad from last year, albeit they are still in transitionational phase.

Still think citeh are the ones we should be worried about, by far.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
They're at their best now and I can't see them sustain this for a long time.To think that Man City and Man United aren't close to their best makes me think they're not ready for the title yet

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep
They're at their best now and I can't see them sustain this for a long time.To think that Man City and Man United aren't close to their best makes me think they're not ready for the title yet
We're nowhere near our best right now and won't be for a while. Do you really think players like Mata, Hazard,Oscar etc are currently showing the best football they're capable of? Chelsea is a team in transition with several veterans on the decline and a bunch of new young talents a few years away from hitting their peak.

We won't win the title and there'll be some tough times ahead, but once those creative starlets really start to gel, Chelsea will be a daunting task for any team to take on.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
We're nowhere near our best right now and won't be for a while. Do you really think players like Mata, Hazard,Oscar etc are currently showing the best football they're capable of? Chelsea is a team in transition with several veterans on the decline and a bunch of new young talents a few years away from hitting their peak.

We won't win the title and there'll be some tough times ahead, but once those creative starlets really start to gel, Chelsea will be a daunting task for any team to take on.

Sorry I meant they're at their best in terms of picking up points.The great run your team is on will stop at some point and then it'll be more difficult.

MichaelS

Feel that Chelsea have been a bit underrated leading up to this season. They might not have had the hardest fixture list so far but they are leading the table, and they won the CL and the Fa cup last year despite their poor league performance.

With the form we've been showing this season, I don't feel confident about beating them. If our defense continues this way they will rip our defense to shreads.