Ousmane Dembele - Barcelona Player

marktan

Have a gut feeling we'll end up buying Sancho. He's lived in Manchester a long time before going to Dortmund, he's really good mates with Rashford n Gomes apparently and we're really crying out for someone like him. I think we'll end up offering Dortmund and him more money than they can refuse.
Don't think Sancho's friends with Rashford, saw the video of Sancho meeting up with the England squad for the first time and Rashford and Sancho greeted each other like they'd never talked before. Gomes more likely as they were part of the same age group for England.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
I just don't see what's so shocking about it for the interviewers. Precocity doesn't equate greater talent. I think Mbappe is a prodigy, but I believe Dembele is more talented. It doesn't mean anything about their future though.
Nothing is so shocking.

Everybody knows Dembélé is a better dribbler with better technical skills, more creative too.

The difference is Kylian benefits from a better environment: father who is a coach etc. So the latter knows where he wants to go

Chicharito_

Him, Mbappe and Sancho I think will be the standout talents of the next generations. Just a shame that we have none of them.
I really don't think Sancho's half a season of football in the Bundesliga makes him a bigger talent than Rashford..

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I really don't think Sancho's half a season of football in the Bundesliga makes him a bigger talent than Rashford..
What he's showing at 18 is more impressive than what Rashford showed at the same age, IMO. He's also far more intelligent on the ball with good vision and technically better. I'm not sure how you can argue that he isn't a bigger talent (which, again, isn't the indicator of career success).

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Both players have shown glimpses in the past, but this year, Sancho is the stand-out player in a league leading Dortmund team. Plus he's 2.5 years younger than Rashford.

Agree with Dembele/Mbappe/Sancho being the 3 stand-outs from what I've seen - At least in terms of offensive players.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Martial Rashford Sancho

That front 3 would be absolutely killer with Pogba in behind pulling the strings. Come on Ed. Make it happen.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
Both players have shown glimpses in the past, but this year, Sancho is the stand-out player in a league leading Dortmund team. Plus he's 2.5 years younger than Rashford.

Agree with Dembele/Mbappe/Sancho being the 3 stand-outs from what I've seen - At least in terms of offensive players.
Reus is Dortmund's best player probably followed by Witsel.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain

One of his best overall performance for Barcelona, shame it got cut early by injury. Hopefully it's nothing too serious.

A pretty wild stat, Dembele has now scored 40 goals for club/country, 20 with his left and 20 with his right foot.

Last edited:

In Rainbows

Don't think Sancho's friends with Rashford, saw the video of Sancho meeting up with the England squad for the first time and Rashford and Sancho greeted each other like they'd never talked before. Gomes more likely as they were part of the same age group for England.
Yeah, Sancho is Angel's friend.

TheRedHearted

One of his best overall performance for Barcelona, shame it got cut early by injury. Hopefully it's nothing too serious.

A pretty wild stat, Dembele has now scored 40 goals for club/country, 20 with his left and 20 with his right foot.
I saw a bunch of wonderful dribbles which led to passes directly to the other team (cept for the Coutinho pass).

And then a wonderful shot on target.

Judging by this he would be best S a striker. He can beat two men and then not have to worry about passing the ball to his team mates- he’d shoot.
But this is the only I’ve seen of him so I can’t say. You are saying this is one of his best for Barca?

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots

Good performance - wish he could be Uniteds answer to the right wing problem. Only major weakness in his current game is that passing with the right foot.. very inconsistent. He can cross with that foot but he struggles to make simple passes with it under pressure and it leads to frequent losses of possession.

Kostov

We fecked up not going in for this guy. Monstrous talent in a position we are lacking. Pulisic is gone also, we can't feck up Sancho now, can we?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
We fecked up not going in for this guy. Monstrous talent in a position we are lacking. Pulisic is gone also, we can't feck up Sancho now, can we?
He has never been interested. He wanted to go to a club like Dortmund before specifically sign for Barcelona, that was his plan.

Kostov

He has never been interested. He wanted to go to a club like Dortmund before specifically sign for Barcelona, that was his plan.
I know, he went all in for the transfer to happen, but there was never an interest from us reported, which was partially my point, not saying that it would have affected his decision but still. We've neglected that hole on the right side far too long.

In Rainbows

Whatever the case, United need to start making those kind of signings. De Ligt and De Jong are two such talents. It's funny, but our best players (Pogba, Martial, Rashford, de Gea) were players playing at age 19 or so. I think Depay was really one of the only ones that failed to live up to the hype while at United, but is now doing fine elsewhere. Same with Zaha. On the other hand, buys like Fellaini, Darmian, Blind, Rojo, Mkhitaryan, etc... have all been underwhelming.

We should be building a young side full of obvious talent.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I know, he went all in for the transfer to happen, but there was never an interest from us reported, which was partially my point, not saying that it would have affected his decision but still. We've neglected that hole on the right side far too long.
He was mentioned as a target for United like pretty much every single big clubs in the world.

Kostov

Whatever the case, United need to start making those kind of signings. De Ligt and De Jong are two such talents. It's funny, but our best players (Pogba, Martial, Rashford, de Gea) were players playing at age 19 or so. I think Depay was really one of the only ones that failed to live up to the hype while at United, but is now doing fine elsewhere. Same with Zaha. On the other hand, buys like Fellaini, Darmian, Blind, Rojo, Mkhitaryan, etc... have all been underwhelming.

We should be building a young side full of obvious talent.
I agree. Paying obscene money for obvious talents like you mention is more often than not good investment. Young, hungry and talented, and also resale value if they fail to live up to the hype.

Kostov

He was mentioned as a target for United like pretty much every single big clubs in the world.
Then I'm wrong, since I though we never showed any concrete interest. I didn't follow the saga from the beginning, but it was a bit of a farce how the sudden love in for Barca surfaced and nothing before that. But as I said, I didn't follow his progress from earlier, and you did.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Then I'm wrong, since I though we never showed any concrete interest. I didn't follow the saga from the beginning, but it was a bit of a farce how the sudden love in for Barca surfaced and nothing before that. But as I said, I didn't follow his progress from earlier, and you did.
He was more linked to us when he was still in France. That said, both of his transfers were well known in advance. He wanted to go to Dortmund and it was clear for months. Same happened with Barca. No other clubs were really invited to the conversation.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
He was more linked to us when he was still in France. That said, both of his transfers were well known in advance. He wanted to go to Dortmund and it was clear for months. Same happened with Barca. No other clubs were really invited to the conversation.
Pretty much, other clubs had offered more than Dortmund as well but everything was planned from the start for Dortmund first. I think he even turned down Barcelona at that time because Neymar was still there and he had no assurances he would be a starter.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I know it was just a cameo but he looks shite. 100m+!

Jacob

Two sitters missed despite being fresh. What a terrible cameo.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Did they chuck the wrong Dembele on or something? I'd be on the phone to Craven Cottage a bit sharpish if I was Barca.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Jesus wept. Could have taken five minutes with that ball at the end.

Greck

Plays like that in the league as well. Total blockhead of a player. On another day he wouldn't even have gotten the timing of the pass to Messi right

Renegade

Plays like that in the league as well. Total blockhead of a player. On another day he wouldn't even have gotten the timing of the pass to Messi right
Should have put abit more pace on that pass tbf.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Fecked up twice. Ballooning it instead of squaring to the best player on the planet, and then an open shot on goal.

Castia

Martial V2

Great on his day shite for the majority of games.

Bole Top

just completely brainless, almost zero maturity gained since his Dortmund days. you just don't feck around like that in game like this.

PoTMS

Same level as Rashford and Martial. All think they're a lot better than they are.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
They are just as shit as us in recruitment :nervous: