Ousmane Dembele

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jam

Nothing wrong with it if he’s on a free. Even just to Depay him and sell him on for a 20m profit in 12 months time
If you get him on a free and pay him £450k a week there’s no chance you can “Depay” him in 12 months time; we would be stuck with him.

Depay was a different ball game in terms of salary obligations, and general attitude. For all Depay’s faults, the lad wanted to play football. Dembele would be happy to hold us hostage for the length of his contract turning it on once every 12 months.

cyberman

If you get him on a free and pay him £450k a week there’s no chance you can “Depay” him in 12 months time; we would be stuck with him.

Depay was a different ball game in terms of salary obligations, and general attitude. For all Depay’s faults, the lad wanted to play football. Dembele would be happy to hold us hostage for the length of his contract turning it on once every 12 months.
I wouldn’t go believing Barcas leaks about wages, they tend to set out to make the player seem greedy. I remember 700k a week being branded about not that long ago

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

What is the base of that, why would you suggest that?

Jam

What is the base of that, why would you suggest that?
His entire time at Barcelona?

What basis do you have to believe he would come to United for a sensible salary, keep his head down and put in the work to play regularly at the level expected of him? And if things went sour he would be happy to leave to another club on a lower salary?

JPRouve

Scout
His entire time at Barcelona?

What basis do you have to believe he would come to United for a sensible salary, keep his head down and put in the work to play regularly at the level expected of him? And if things went sour he would be happy to leave to another club on a lower salary?
So you think that he got big injuries on purpose?

Jam

So you think that he got big injuries on purpose?
Are you going to engage in conversation and answer my questions or are you just going to be coy and asking irrelevant questions? I didn’t state he got big injuries on purpose.

So I’ll ask you:
  • Do you think he would come to us on a sensible salary (taking everything into account)?
  • Do you think his overall attitude would improve and he would be a model professional (I can already tell you’re going to deflect and claim the current squad isn’t full of model professionals, and it isn’t but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t be trying to improve that)
  • Do you think he would stay fit?
  • Do you think that if things didn’t work out he would be happy to leave to another club on a lower salary? (“Would you leave your job for a lower salary????” You’re going to say, and yes I have, but irregardless this is the question the club should be asking itself because quite frankly question one will be moot and if he got him it would be big money and we don’t need another player on big wages missing chunks of the season and failing to deliver on massive wages) oh and you’re probably going to say “it’s not your money why do you care” - because salary structure is important and you don’t want to enlarge the already present mercenary culture the club has seen in the last few years and you end up with bit-part players been given £100k+ a week purely for being on the same training pitch as those on £300k

JPRouve

Scout
Are you going to engage in conversation and answer my questions or are you just going to be coy and asking irrelevant questions? I didn’t state he got big injuries on purpose.

So I’ll ask you:
  • Do you think he would come to us on a sensible salary (taking everything into account)?
  • Do you think his overall attitude would improve and he would be a model professional (I can already tell you’re going to deflect and claim the current squad isn’t full of model professionals, and it isn’t but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t be trying to improve that)
  • Do you think he would stay fit?
  • Do you think that if things didn’t work out he would be happy to leave to another club on a lower salary? (“Would you leave your job for a lower salary????” You’re going to say, and yes I have, but irregardless this is the question the club should be asking itself because quite frankly question one will be moot and if he got him it would be big money and we don’t need another player on big wages missing chunks of the season and failing to deliver on massive wages) oh and you’re probably going to say “it’s not your money why do you care” - because salary structure is important and you don’t want to enlarge the already present mercenary culture the club has seen in the last few years and you end up with bit-part players been given £100k+ a week purely for being on the same training pitch as those on £300k
You didn't substantiate the point that you made and are now moving the goalposts with questions that neither of us or anyone can answer about 100% of players. But:

- I don't know what you deem to be a sensible salary or what he deems to be sensible.
- I can't see the future and know whether a player will stay fit, it's not a matter of will.
- I don't know any player that will without a doubt leave a club and take a lower salary, that includes Dembélé.

Jam

You didn't substantiate the point that you made and are now moving the goalposts with questions that neither of us or anyone can answer about 100% of players. But:

- I don't know what you deem to be a sensible salary or what he deems to be sensible.
- I can't see the future and know whether a player will stay fit, it's not a matter of will.
- I don't know any player that will without a doubt leave a club and take a lower salary, that includes Dembélé.
So you have absolutely nothing to contribute whatsoever, and it is pointless us speculating anything because all decisions are to be taken by club and player.

JPRouve

Scout
So you have absolutely nothing to contribute whatsoever, and it is pointless us speculating anything because all decisions are to be taken by club and player.
I asked you a question about a point that you made. What am I supposed to contribute, I didn't make any claim, I simply read yours and asked you a question about them. Now the more you try to dodge the question and the more it is obvious that you made that claim for the sake of it.

Jam

I asked you a question about a point that you made. What am I supposed to contribute, I didn't make any claim, I simply read yours and asked you a question about them. Now the more you try to dodge the question and the more it is obvious that you made that claim for the sake of it.
I answered both your questions and you're yet to answer anything I've asked you beyond "dunno, only player, club and God know".

If you're not willing to even engage then why are you bothering to post, and worse still why I am continuing to engage with you? Only God knows. You aren't even a fan of him calling him a crock and childish among other things, so not sure why you want to stifle other people's criticisms of him and why they don't want the club to sign him.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
United interested in signing an injury prone winger, with a questionable attitude on a disgusting high wage, on a free transfer… Have we been here before?

JPRouve

Scout
I answered both your questions and you're yet to answer anything I've asked you beyond "dunno, only player, club and God know".

If you're not willing to even engage then why are you bothering to post, and worse still why I am continuing to engage with you? Only God knows. You aren't even a fan of him calling him a crock and childish among other things, so not sure why you want to stifle other people's criticisms of him and why they don't want the club to sign him.
You didn't actually answer, you asked a series of questions for which neither of us have the answers. The only relevant thing you said was "His entire time at Barcelona?" which is why I asked you about whether he got injured on purpose. I could understand that you don't want a player with a bad injury record but it's an other to suggest that a player doesn't want to play Football or that he took anyone hostage for anything.

You can be against something without making up narratives that you can't substantiate. It's even worse when you use Depay as an example as if he didn't refuse to extend with Lyon and left as a free agent.

Jam

You didn't actually answer, you asked a series of questions for which neither of us have the answers. The only relevant thing you said was "His entire time at Barcelona?" which is why I asked you about whether he got injured on purpose. I could understand that you don't want a player with a bad injury record but it's an other to suggest that a player doesn't want to play Football or that he took anyone hostage for anything.

You can be against something without making up narratives that you can't substantiate. It's even worse when you use Depay as an example as if he didn't refuse to extend with Lyon and left as a free agent.
And what is your opinion on those matters? Because quite frankly the vast majority of the content on this forum wouldn't pass a court-mandated burden so again it goes back to you wanting to stifle anything that isn't hard fact.

You asked me the basis of my opinions on him - I answered his time at Barcelona. Of which you are well aware and do not need me to substantiate further.
You asked does he intentionally receive major injuries - I answered no.

What exactly have I made up? Nothing I have said is worlds away from what you have said yourself. And someone else used Depay as the example as if we could "Depay" him and sell if it doesn't work it within a year, of which I disagreed. But if you want to go there why is Dembele now running down his contract, shouldn't he re-sign a contract so the club can recoup some value for him? Because quite frankly he's increased his negotiating power.

JPRouve

Scout
And what is your opinion on those matters? Because quite frankly the vast majority of the content on this forum wouldn't pass a court-mandated burden so again it goes back to you wanting to stifle anything that isn't hard fact.

You asked me the basis of my opinions on him - I answered his time at Barcelona. Of which you are well aware and do not need me to substantiate further.
You asked does he intentionally receive major injuries - I answered no.

What exactly have I made up? Nothing I have said is worlds away from what you have said yourself. And someone else used Depay as the example as if we could "Depay" him and sell if it doesn't work it within a year, of which I disagreed. But if you want to go there why is Dembele now running down his contract, shouldn't he re-sign a contract so the club can recoup some value for him? Because quite frankly he's increased his negotiating power.
I already told you that I understand the concerns about injuries, the rest is made up. To claim that he doesn't want to play football or that he held anyone hostage is made up.

And I don't know why Dembélé wants to run down his contract, maybe he wants to leave, maybe Barcelona didn't make an offer that he is willing to take, I don't know. And no he shouldn't re-sign a contract if he doesn't want to, the same way Barcelona should not offer him a contract if they didn't want him anymore. And there is nothing wrong with someone increasing their negotiating power whether it is the player or the club.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I've never been a big fan of him but something makes me really want him on a good value transfer.

After seeing Martial and Pogba be dissapointing French transfers - it would be good to see someone like Dembele grow up a bit whilst playing in a position that has arguably been empty for ages.

Sancho & Dembele as our LW & RW creative players to a more central striker.
Rashford & Greenwood (no idea how his future will be) as more direct goalscoring threat players depending on their future and if they are here or not.

It would be great to have 2 right footed players and 2 left footed players and picking and choosing depending on who we face.

Charles Miller

Do not believe any leaks coming from Barcelona. When they want to sell, they start using "jounalists" and youtubers to satanize players and say to Barca supporters that its not clubs fault and they need to take offers because players supposed want to leave or have "bad behaviour."

Vapor trail

He would be a shrewd signing to some extent. The one thing never mentioned with Dembele is his ability, he's a very productive player but his injury record is the denominator.

Reminds me of Robben in this regard, is he a risk on injury record or an opportune buy based on his contribution ? I'm sure most would have taken Robben from Bayern Munich despite his niggles at Chelsea. I'm not in anyway saying Dembele is better than Robben of course just the reservation of injury influencing a purchase.

Stadjer

Absolutely garbage of a player, hopefully Utd stay far away from him.
Garbage? He is very good at playing football. Perfect two footed, very good at dribbeling, currently giving lots of assists. He has a bad injury record and reportedly not the best mentality but he certainly isnt garbage.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Garbage? He is very good at playing football. Perfect two footed, very good at dribbeling, currently giving lots of assists. He has a bad injury record and reportedly not the best mentality but he certainly isnt garbage.
Are you suggesting he has a metal condition? Or just a typical young player that got to much to soon and kinda didn’t give a shit about the game anymore? I honestly don’t know the truth but why any club would take him on a free transfer on massive wages based on a decent few months is beyond me. He’s performances lately, are an improvement but he’s certainly not been amazing.

Stadjer

Are you suggesting he has a metal condition? Or just a typical young player that got to much to soon and kinda didn’t give a shit about the game anymore? I honestly don’t know the truth but why any club would take him on a free transfer on massive wages based on a decent few months is beyond me. He’s performances lately, are an improvement but he’s certainly not been amazing.
A mental condition? Where did i suggest that? Not the best mentality can refer to lazy, not very grown up or spoiled. I just think he is a typical spoiled young football player. I also never said Manchester United or anyone should get him. I am saying that he is not garbage. He is way too good at football to be called garbage or a garbage player.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
A mental condition? Where did i suggest that? Not the best mentality can refer to lazy, not very grown up or spoiled. I just think he is a typical spoiled young football player. I also never said Manchester United or anyone should get him. I am saying that he is not garbage. He is way too good at football to be called garbage or a garbage player.
He seems to be a player who plays funnily when his contract is coming to an end, I didn’t mean to attack you if it came across that way.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Would be great to get him on a free, but his wage demands and contract noise is a bit crazy.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
Brilliant player and a game changer on his day, injured too often though which is a hindrance. EPL being the most physical league about would result in him being out more often than Jones and Varane. Would take him on sensible wages not over inflated ones north of 400k.
Are we looking at Dybala as well? Not saying we should just asking the question.

Rolaholic

Might be worth a punt, he's been in outstanding form this season back from injury

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Whilst I know about his attitude ( United fans maybe drooling over Demebele whilst crying about the players we have) -

He is a player I'd just say f*ck it and try get him on a free.

Left footed. A player that cost over 100mil for Barcelona. Plays in a our weakspot. French players like Martial and Pogba are leaving. Can play on both sides.

I'd really go HAM for him on a free.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
If someone can keep him fit and motivated, they will have a hell of a player on their hands

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He really is one of those who "if he ever stops being injured and gets the right club he really will be amazing" - basically he's the evolved form of the Adama's/Saint Maximum's of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.