g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Ousmane Dembele

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redcy

They waited, but they also bought a CB in in Matip if I remember correctly? (On a free, but still, it's a centre back to play)

Might be wrong on this, @Klopper76 or @RobinLFC ?
hmm you may be right, but Dembele on a permanent doesn't really fit the same mould, if that is what we want to do it would make more sense to buy Sarr or someone. A siginificant downgrade knowing that you intend to go back next year

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Weren't Telles and Cavani supposed to be done dealios by now? Not a fecking peep. We've still only made one signing this window.

Smores

I think Dembele is better mate, at least from his BVB days
I wouldn't say I've seen more than a few games of each so not enough to make a fair comparison. Stats wise Havertz output seems to be significantly better with Dembele only really having one good season.

I wouldn't even pay half the Havertz fee considering his injuries so it'll be interesting to see what fee this one comes out at.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
They waited, but they also bought a CB in in Matip if I remember correctly? (On a free, but still, it's a centre back to play)

Might be wrong on this, @Klopper76 or @RobinLFC ?
That was way before Van Dijk. We signed Matip to a pre-contract on a free in the 15/16 season and he joined us summer of '16. Van Dijk saga was summer '17 and he joined January '18.

Agree with the principle though, waiting for the right player definitely pays off if you get said player in the end. With Thiago for example, I wasn't convinced that we'd get him on a free in January so I'm glad we paid Bayern in the end. Van Dijk always felt like happening.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
No breakthrough as of yet apparently. Not sure i want a breakthrough in all fairness, but we desperately need someone in the RW position, and Dembele would be better than no one at all

croadyman

yep that would be my guess and 250k for wages but I said the best we could hope for.
Feels like we will try all day for the loan option but maybe later this evening decide to go all in on a permanent deal

croadyman

No breakthrough as of yet apparently. Not sure i want a breakthrough in all fairness, but we desperately need someone in the RW position, and Dembele would be better than no one at all
Yeah my thoughts too because don't want us having to stick Mason out there just to make do until Traore comes

Highfather_24

Right now since Sancho is looking unlikely, I'll take Dembele on a loan. Better than no natural RW.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Weren't Telles and Cavani supposed to be done dealios by now? Not a fecking peep. We've still only made one signing this window.
They've both signed their contracts according to Romano.

Judas

Open to offers
What do we gain from that type of deal really. It's such a weird little gamble just totally hoping that he stays fit (which is the big thing) and really hits the ground running with us, has a great season, then just goes back to Barca to live the rest of his life.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
The Manchester press pack are reporting the deal is unlikely which is likely a brief from the club. Castles it seems has a alternative source that has been on the money regarding this move so far so it'll be interesting to see how things pan out.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
It will be a loan with no option to buy at the end? How is this a good deal for us?

If he performs well, being an elite talent his price will then be €100m+, which we would never pay. So we take the risk on his injury troubles, and get no reward if he recovers his previous form.

I was excited about this deal happening before, if we could get him cheap at the end of his loan, but what's the point now?

It's a terrible deal.

Dudu

Is anyone other then Duncan Castles reporting that this is still on?

I really don't believe this guy.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
It will be a loan with no option to buy at the end? How is this a good deal for us?

If he performs well, being an elite talent his price will then be €100m+, which we would never pay. So we take the risk on his injury troubles, and get no reward if he recovers his previous form.

I was excited about this deal happening before, if we could get him cheap at the end of his loan, but what's the point now?

It's a terrible deal.
Is that what Castles reported regarding there being no buy option?

Redcy

It's a terrible deal.
why would you think we would get a favourable deal? we get a player for year, or maybe, if he plays he improves our squad for a year, if he doesn't then it was 7m gamble, Barca would only be interested in a sale or loan with obligation, pretty sure thats what they always said. a pure loan with no option is probably their 3rd choice

Glorio

It's a terrible deal.
Was always supposedly a stop gap for Sancho, no?

passing-wind

It's a terrible deal.
The idea is clearly for the club to go back in for Sancho for the vacant wing position. If you consider the fact that a winger has been a priority target it's hardly a terrible deal. Dembele has played 52 games in almost 3 years I think this move is an element of risk throughout.

peridigm

It's a terrible deal.
and if he comes in and is injured like he's been so many times in the past, we ship him back and only lose out on a few millions vs 50+. Loan makes more sense than buying if we're going back for Sancho next summer or even in January.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
The idea is clearly for the club to go back in for Sancho for the vacant wing position. If you consider the fact that a winger has been a priority target it's hardly a terrible deal. Dembele has played 52 games in almost 3 years I think this move is an element of risk throughout.
I think we have no chance of Sancho now that other clubs will be in the hunt next year too. We could very well end up with Dembele recovering his form, going back to Barca, and no Sancho. We should at least be doing a deal with a buy option at the end if he recovers his form at least.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
If he leaves on loan renewing his Barca deal by 1 year, yes that's what he said.

Renewing his deal for one year is Barca protecting their investment IMO which makes sense. I would expect us to have a buy option tbh with you.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
and if he comes in and is injured like he's been so many times in the past, we ship him back and only lose out on a few millions vs 50+. Loan makes more sense than buying if we're going back for Sancho next summer or even in January.
Sancho is not coming in January, 0%. Dortmund aren't Sporting. I doubt we will ever get him at all after this summer. We've burnt our bridges with them. I never said to buy him for £50m. But we should at least have a buy option if he recovers his form.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
I'd only take him on loan. Would rather try to get Sancho next year, and nothing i've seen from Dembele since he joined barca suggests he's the right player for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.