Overseas Fans

DocRockter

I know most of you on Fred's side are taking the piss, but I'd like to point out to old DockRockter, that, speaking as somebody who's very bitter about not being allocated any tickets this season... fair play to you.
I don't hold it against you in any way that you got those tickets it's your dream to see United play the same as it is mine, and I get to do it one wayor another several times a season for a lot less than you. Good on you for putting the effort in.
But at the same time, I'm sure you realise that you are in a very priviledged position, presumably very much so compared to 1000s of others in your own country (I'm guessing your travelling from a far way).
And I also won't hide the fact that I think there should be more tickets for regular fans, and less for the likes of you, which sounds rude (especially phrased like that!), but at the end of the day, supply is limited, and there's a lot of us who live pretty localy, that the club ignores.
But anyway, don't take offence at anything I said, or anything Fred & co did - any anger is directed at the club not you!

Hell no that´s something I understand 100% but also because i´m coming from another country(finland) I have to spend a ridicilous amout of money just to come to Manchester(FFS we´r flying first to Germany and then to London and take the bus/train from there).. And ´cause i´m not going to be there every week i decided to pick the biggest game of the season(maybe)

But don´t worry i´m not there just to eat prawn sandwiches... ´cause one thing that really pisses me off is that in every game there are thousands of people that only sit there for a whole game and I´m always amazed just how all of them have got tickets ahead of the fans who would actually help the team... It´s agonizing to watch it on TV...

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
Hell no that´s something I understand 100% but also because i´m coming from another country(finland) I have to spend a ridicilous amout of money just to come to Manchester(FFS we´r flying first to Germany and then to London and take the bus/train from there).. And ´cause i´m not going to be there every week i decided to pick the biggest game of the season(maybe)

But don´t worry i´m not there just to eat prawn sandwiches... ´cause one thing that really pisses me off is that in every game there are thousands of people that only sit there for a whole game and I´m always amazed just how all of them have got tickets ahead of the fans who would actually help the team... It´s agonizing to watch it on TV...
good lad have a great time, hope it all works out for ya

Darren

went from australia in 2002, saw 2 games at home vs southampton and west ham with carrick, both wins

watch all games on foxtel over here, man utd are on nearly every week, never seem to miss anything which is great

want to go back 2008 season for 2 weeks, hope 2 games

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
went from australia in 2002, saw 2 games at home vs southampton and west ham with carrick, both wins

watch all games on foxtel over here, man utd are on nearly every week, never seem to miss anything which is great

want to go back 2008 season for 2 weeks, hope 2 games
you get more united games over there than we do :lol:

bergen

Author of gayest thread 07/08
you get more united games over there than we do :lol:
I can watch every single premiership game over here. I have 5 channels which are exclusive for the premier league (although they're now showing italian matches live once in a while when there's no english footie on).

tfreebsred

Been once. 1-0 win vs. Villa in April(?) of 2003. Used to live in England.

Roy

I've just returned from Manchester having been to the Roma and Sheffield United games. Feckin brilliant it was as well. It was wonderful returning to Manchester after not being able to go for a few years due to the army service here. Loved every minute of it.

The Sheffield United game was a bit of an anti-climax though, horrible atmosphere. A bit hard to answer the 'Your support if fecking shite' chants with half the stadium empty ten minutes from time.

It was a bit sad/funny having my girlfriend try and get the singing going with everyone around us acting completely indifferent and not arsed enough to sing. She sure did me proud though :)

Cornell

I lived in Manchester for 3 years when i was 7-9 so I saw my fair share of games then. Been back several times and seen a few games. Last game was the Champions League game against Lyon in 2004.

Think it was 2-1 to us. :D

Jacob

I've just returned from Manchester having been to the Roma and Sheffield United games. Feckin brilliant it was as well. It was wonderful returning to Manchester after not being able to go for a few years due to the army service here. Loved every minute of it.

The Sheffield United game was a bit of an anti-climax though, horrible atmosphere. A bit hard to answer the 'Your support if fecking shite' chants with half the stadium empty ten minutes from time.

It was a bit sad/funny having my girlfriend try and get the singing going with everyone around us acting completely indifferent and not arsed enough to sing. She sure did me proud though :)
I wouldn't go that far calling the atmosphere horrible. But then again, that was my first game ever at OT (Sheffield one). Although, I sat just about 20 metres away from Stretford end. Seeing people leave at 85' was horrible though.

Amir

Was talking to someone about that a few days ago and he blamed the bloody tourists. Well, I actually think it's the exact opposite. It's the more local people (Those who live in England, not Manchester) who know they'll be back in a weeks time for the next match who do that. Those who are delighted to watch a couple of matches a season wouldn't leave early.

Jacob

Was talking to someone about that a few days ago and he blamed the bloody tourists. Well, I actually think it's the exact opposite. It's the more local people (Those who live in England, not Manchester) who know they'll be back in a weeks time for the next match who do that. Those who are delighted to watch a couple of matches a season wouldn't leave early.
I think I was last out of OT on Tuesday. First time was magical :D

Oh and I agree.