Gaming Overwatch

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Multiplayer FPS made by Blizzard (WoW, Diablo). Open beta starts tonight at midnight (UK) on PS4, Xbox One and PC.

Impressions from those who have played it already have been great. Game releases on 24th May.

JackXX

I have been playing and it's really fun with good players. My favourite character is probably Tracer. Can be frustrating if people don't pick different roles and play them properly. I would advise trying them all out in the training mode so you know how their abilities work because each character varies a lot.

Here's an XB1 code if anyone wants to play a bit early. K334F-QG2H3-KW3Y9-36KTP-7HRWZ

Castia

I'm a massive Blizzard fan and I'll no doubt get this game after trying the beta.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
I have been playing and it's really fun with good players. My favourite character is probably Tracer. Can be frustrating if people don't pick different roles and play them properly. I would advise trying them all out in the training mode so you know how their abilities work because each character varies a lot.

Here's an XB1 code if anyone wants to play a bit early. K334F-QG2H3-KW3Y9-36KTP-7HRWZ
Wish I'd seen that code last night.

Anyone else played it? It's open for all now

Kostur

海尔的老板
I've played it for last 2 hours now, great fun. I'm glad they've followed some of their patterns as in roles, etc.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Not usually a fan of FPS, mainly because I'm shite at them but this is good fun and I don't feel crap at it.

Tracer is great. That rewind ability seems very overpowered.

Last edited:

Castia

Loving Reaper and Junkrat, it's a really fun game. I've never been big into shooters but being a Blizzard game I had to try it. I downloaded the beta for both pc and ps4 and I'm really impressed with the ps4 version it's silky smooth and looks great.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
I love this ninja cnut, dwarf, widowmaker and recently the stitches-esque tank.
widowmaker is annoying as feck. Sadly I suck at aiming. :lol:

Overall their hero design is very good. Bastion is imo fairly beginner friendly, so I switch back to him, when things go tits up. Pharah is my favorite so far.

kps88

Kind of annoying you don't get to see everyone's individual stats during or at the end of the game. I want to know if we lost because 2-3 of our players are terrible.

DouLou

Been caught pooping
Having almost exclusively played League of Legends for 3 years now I was really excited to try another online game. I gotta say I really love this one. It's fast and fun, and there's a lot of room for strategic counterplay.

The main issue I have with it is that following a meta is VERY conducive to winning, and playing solo que is going to become a shitfest when 5 of your players want to play offensive roles. I'm undecided on whether to purchase this yet... I think it has a great design and concept but do I really want to play a game that is only fun when in a co-ordinated team of friends?

I think they should make steps on enforcing a meta (maybe make roles mandatory before ques). But hey, it's early days, and I think it's really fecking fun.

JosDeVos

Supports
Neutral.
Only been playing for a few hours so far but loving the game. Special mentions to the dude with the big hammer, the dude with the bow going PEWPEWPEW and junkrat. Flying girl is loads of fun too, blowing everything up from above.

Haven't tried a single support character yet though ... maybe after launch.

Hal9000

Kind of annoying you don't get to see everyone's individual stats during or at the end of the game. I want to know if we lost because 2-3 of our players are terrible.
Think it tries to encourage team play and balanced teams. Someone who plays a support character is not going to get 20 kills a game, but probably helps the team in terms of healing/armor.

If you stick K/Ds on there, then you will deffo get everyone selecting offensive heroes.

Siorac

Can you play it cross platforms?
That would be a bad idea for an FPS. Maybe the two console playerbase could play together but if you let PC players in it will turn ugly. Mouse is a huge advantage.

kps88

Think it tries to encourage team play and balanced teams. Someone who plays a support character is not going to get 20 kills a game, but probably helps the team in terms of healing/armor.

If you stick K/Ds on there, then you will deffo get everyone selecting offensive heroes.
Yeah I actually don't mind it as much now but it would still be nice to know if there are any complete passengers on my team. Rather than K/Ds they could maybe come up with an overall score or something that takes into account the support stuff.

Kaos

Had a lot of fun with the beta but the game still requires a lot of balancing.

I see way too many Reapers and Widowmakers. That mecha turret class feels a little overpowered too.

Stringer

Tracers can be so annoying to fight against. Almost impossible to hit and are very good at distracting you.

Also the Hanso ultimate is ridiculous. There was one team who had three of them and it was just constant dragons flying through the control point.

kps88

I think it's well balanced if you have a good team. Problems start coming up when everyone wants to be the same hero.

More than the classes, I think a few maps need tweaking. There's a couple of points when the attacking team go through a funnel and can be easily picked off by the defending team.

Last edited:

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
I think it's well balanced if you have a good team. Problems start coming up when everyone wants to be the same hero.

More than the classes, I think a few maps need tweaking. There's a couple of points when the attacking team go through a funnel and can be easily picked off by the defending team.
Agree with this. People under estimate the advantages of team work and selecting the right heroes.

As for the balancing, the game is out in 2 weeks time. Its going to be tough to complete all the required changes.

Hal9000

I like the game, not sure if i can see myself currently sinking hours into it.

It's fun, but i think the round times are to short, the maps lack in variety and same with game modes (they are all essentially the same)

Also not sure if I've been spoiled by other games i play, but i don't see the goal of leveling up?

Hal9000

Agree with this. People under estimate the advantages of team work and selecting the right heroes.

As for the balancing, the game is out in 2 weeks time. Its going to be tough to complete all the required changes.
It's why i usually play the random hero mode, every time you die you get a new hero.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
balancing also depends on whether the match is chaotic or rather focused on team play. Tracer can do badass stuff on her own, but I am not sure that she´d really help a coordinated team. Hanzo is imo the best champ in the game.
Anyway. I´ll wait one or two weeks until I decide if I buy it.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
It's why i usually play the random hero mode, every time you die you get a new hero.
If I'm playing on my own, then I'll probably always be offensive (I feel as if I'm competent enough to "slay" better than others). If I'm playing with friends, then I'd vary so that everyone gets a chance to rotate heroes and roles.

Simbo

Despite being hyped for this a year ago I couldn't of cared less about it this time last week. Bloody open beta has got me hooked though, I suppose that's the point, I spent all weekend on it.

AllezLesDiables

Lots of fun agree with Hal9000 as leveling up doesn't do anything except provide you with cosmetic upgrades. I think they tried to add weapon upgrades but it was too difficult to maintain balance.

Love the uniqueness of each character.

I've enjoyed playing with all the characters but I really enjoy Lucio, D'Va, and Torbjorn.

The team aspect is huge and I'd imagine this will be a huge e sport

Kostur

海尔的老板
Thing is I doubt we've seen it all with this beta. There will probably other game modes, knowing Blizzard they'll keep on adding content (and so is their plan) HOTS like and the leveling thing is pretty much same as in HOTS. Cosmetic shit, credit where it's due some of the skins were simply amazing, great job from them in this department yet again.

No weapons upgrades or so pretty much guarantees that everybody, no matter when somebody starts playing it, is at the same, level foot. I don't really mind that. Plus yeah, the roles distinction will be incredibly important to be mindful of, I can't really recall a game where we'd go all gung-ho on them with 4-5 dps without a tank and a healer and win it.

kps88

I'm getting withdrawal symptoms after the beta. Can't wait for release. I'd love a proper spectator mode for tournaments. I tried watching a few competitive games online and still think the camera needs work. There were times when I couldn't tell what was going on and other times when we missed great plays as we were spectating another player.

Kaos

Only a week to go!

Finally a refreshing take on the FPS genre, can see this being another TF2 for me - thousands of hours to sink in :drool:

kps88

Random news- Deulofeu is going to be playing in a Blizzard organised celebrity tournament

Hal9000

Anyone with PS4 planning on getting this, would be good to get a consistent team of 5 to play with.