P&G Draft - R1: MJJ vs P-Nut/EAP

Who would win with the players at their peak?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
The reason why I did not mention it is that it gets ignored here. Like I was arguing in the thread, 5-3-2 seems to give drafters some kind of magical pass where the wingbacks never get overlapped and yet provide width for attack at the same time. It would not have made much of a difference to argue that as I have tried to do so in the past.

Plants horse head next to Grylte's bed.

I could have answered that if edgar did not waste time arguing that jones can defend against pele.
What was the answer then?

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Couldn’t decide on this game in the morning but was leaning towards P-Nut / EAP and would have voted that way - one based on that front three (final ready, I’ve said before how highly I rate Zidane and I think he’s under-appreciated in draft games).

Two though I just love that midfield two of Simeone / Cambiasso. An all action Argentine partnership which offers everything in terms of midfield play (work-rate, tenacity, ball playing ability from Cambiasso, off the ball running from Simeone). Within the theme of this draft I think that was really astute drafting, getting that partnership for 40m.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
If you can bring yourself to wade through this thread, all will become clear regarding vote-rigging from Page 9 onward. The Watergate Scandal of Caf draft games :D

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/the-euro-draft-qf-team-eap-vs-raees.404001/
I'll have a look!
Unless it takes forever to read, i'm lazy, in the face.

In this game, the much better team lost, so weird. Even in such a defensive setup, it'd win.
I think @MJJ is bribing people, would work much better than a horse next to my bed, i've woke up with worse :lol:

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
Couldn’t decide on this game in the morning but was leaning towards P-Nut / EAP and would have voted that way - one based on that front three (final ready, I’ve said before how highly I rate Zidane and I think he’s under-appreciated in draft games).

Two though I just love that midfield two of Simeone / Cambiasso. An all action Argentine partnership which offers everything in terms of midfield play (work-rate, tenacity, ball playing ability from Cambiasso, off the ball running from Simeone). Within the theme of this draft I think that was really astute drafting, getting that partnership for 40m.
Aye, I missed the deadline but gun to my head I would have voted EAP/P-nut for those reasons. I haven't always been the biggest fan of Simeone in draft matches but I've reassessed him over time. I rated him highly when he was playing and he's exactly the sort of tireless, versatile water carrier that sets the platform for the star names to function. Zidane would love playing ahead of that Cambiasso/Simeone duo.

MJJ

I'll have a look!
Unless it takes forever to read, i'm lazy, in the face.

In this game, the much better team lost, so weird. Even in such a defensive setup, it'd win.
I think @MJJ is bribing people, would work much better than a horse next to my bed, i've woke up with worse :lol:
No offense but I think that might be due to your lack of football knowledge mate.

Grylte

No offense but I think that might be due to your lack of football knowledge mate.
Nah, it's quite alright, i think it's more about your ability to manipulate these little boys ;)

MJJ

Nah, it's quite alright, i think it's more about your ability to manipulate these little boys ;)
No I remember you posting that you did not know who kovacic was so cant really expect you to be familiar with all of my team but I will take that as a complement.

Grylte

No I remember you posting that you did not know who kovacic was so cant really expect you to be familiar with all of my team but I will take that as a complement.
i just mixed 2 names, i even said that in the thread. You also seem to struggle to understand when someone is taking the piss. Ps. That is what smileys are for.
But have fun, not going to bother with your childish shit slinging.

MJJ

i just mixed 2 names, i even said that in the thread. You also seem to struggle to understand when someone is taking the piss. Ps. That is what smileys are for.
But have fun, not going to bother with your childish shit slinging.
Some of us can take the piss without smilies btw. Why so sensitive?

Grylte

Some of us can take the piss without smilies btw. Why so sensitive?
When offending people, smilies makes it easier.
Check the adhd thread. People are different.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Aye, I missed the deadline but gun to my head I would have voted EAP/P-nut for those reasons. I haven't always been the biggest fan of Simeone in draft matches but I've reassessed him over time. I rated him highly when he was playing and he's exactly the sort of tireless, versatile water carrier that sets the platform for the star names to function. Zidane would love playing ahead of that Cambiasso/Simeone duo.
That’s exactly my thought process, to the letter. He’s what I’d call an enabler, someone who makes the rest of the team function and provides a platform for the more expressive players (such as Zindane) to impact the match.

Grylte

Okay, sorry did not know about your condition. Will be more careful in the future.
Not sure i have it yet, but will have to go and have it checked soon, the signs are there. Thanks.
I am aware my temper can get the best of me sometimes, but some smileys when you actually make a joke, makes it alot easier online ;)

MJJ

Not sure i have it yet, but will have to go and have it checked soon, the signs are there. Thanks.
I am aware my temper can get the best of me sometimes, but some smileys when you actually make a joke, makes it alot easier online ;)
Hope for the best bro, things will be fine.

Once again I am sorry about the remarks before, from now on a smiley is going with everything non-serious :)

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
Where were you and @Pat_Mustard during the match? :lol:
Sorry mate, I just didn't decide in time. MJJ's exceptional CB pairing made it very tough to call, and I wasn't sold on a 3-5-2 being ideal against a formation with a lone CF and two wide forwards. Jarni/Montero looked porous to me vs Hamrin, although strangely given how we tend to fetishise older players at the expense of current ones Azpi covering Sagnol vs Boniek seemed fine to me.