Paddy McCourt

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
in Jackie Fullerton accent "its that man Healy.."

god, i can hear him in my head now, make it stop
Cheers for that man, i've now got his feckin voice in my head:

"and the wee man knocks it on to the big man & the big lays it off. Big man races into the box - gets up & knocks it in... great stuff there from the big man after excellent play from the wee man..."

For anyone not familiar with Norn Irons commentating icon Jackie "Swiss Tony" Fullerton - thats the height of his commentary, added with Swiss Tony suave-like vocals.

fecking hilarious to say the least, tho depression kicks in after a sustained period of listening :(

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
One of my favourites to sing at the moment is the Steven Davis song, it's a nice wee song and it also takes pops at Stevie G and Fat Frank in one line, that's always good. It's to the tune of our Solskjaer song, I like it. I don't mind chanting 'Norn Iron, Norn Iron' once or twice but then I get bored and want to sing an actual song :D
Norn Iron fans have a Steven Davis song?

Is that the Chas & Dave tune - "Snooker Loopy"?

;):);)

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Lets get one thing clear here, None of us NI fans ever want to lose our footballing identity

I think you'll find Gal is very proud of our team and wouldn't change it for the world
Good for you, I want an all Ireland team and its not political! I don't care if there's union jacks and tricolours at the matches wouldn't be any different than being at OT in that respect! Fair enough you and MUFCGal and others want to keep it the way it is, me I think it would advance the game on the island a good deal! Its the only major team sport in which there are two irish teams and combining coaching and player talent can only help an irish team become stronger in the long run and much more competitive at the international level!

The competitiveness of the Irish Rugby team is a good sign wouldn't you say?

MUFCgal

Norn Iron fans have a Steven Davis song?

Is that the Chas & Dave tune - "Snooker Loopy"?

;):);)
'You are my Davis, my Steven Davis
You make me happy when skies are grey
so feck your Lampard & Steven Gerrard
please don't take my Davis away'

I like it, get my pops in at Gerrard & Lampard at the same time. That or the number 9 Healy song.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
'You are my Davis, my Steven Davis
You make me happy when skies are grey
so feck your Lampard & Steven Gerrard
please don't take my Davis away'

I like it, get my pops in at Gerrard & Lampard at the same time. That or the number 9 Healy song.
Any tune that has the words "feck Lampard & Gerrard", is classic song writing in my book. I like it :cool:

Crerand Legend

Good to see fellow Derry men Gibson and McCourt doing well,RHD having trouble thinking of any Tyrone men setting the soccer world alight

buckooo1978

in jackie fullerton's defence he did bed gloria hunniford didn't he which was quite a smooth move considering she is northern ireland's answer to...erm.....joan collins or someone older and perhaps a trophy shag?

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
whys that?
I dont think it will ever happen Rams, as I dont think it would work. For starters, who would be the manager, and would a quota be implemented - in terms of how many from the North & how many from the South plays, instead of the best man for the position. It would get too messy & there would be endless arguments amongst the Associations & Management team!

Football is traditionally a working class game. If you look at the political problems - paramilitary's etc, the real problems of secrarianism lie within working class areas. There's no way loyalists / Unionists would stand under the flagship of an All-Ireland football team & i'm not so sure Nationalists / Republicans would be willing to dilute what is a Republic of Ireland team!

Ramshock

I dont think it will ever happen Rams, as I dont think it would work. For starters, who would be the manager, and would a quota be implemented - in terms of how many from the North & how many from the South plays, instead of the best man for the position. It would get too messy & there would be endless arguments amongst the Associations & Management team!

Football is traditionally a working class game. If you look at the political problems - paramilitary's etc, the real problems of secrarianism lie within working class areas. There's no way loyalists / Unionists would stand under the flagship of an All-Ireland football team & i'm not so sure Nationalists / Republicans would be willing to dilute what is a Republic of Ireland team!
How many times have both Associations changed managers in the last few years? Plenty and it will continue when both Irelands keep losing out on qualification! Should be an all Ireland premier league as well as one national team! Theres been some cracking Setanta cup matches over the last few years

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
At the end of the day, Northern fans would never buy into it. Whether we lose out on qualification or not is irrelevant, its about supporting your country, and for NI fans our country is Northern Ireland. We're proud of it. All hell would break loose if they tried to force NI into a United Ireland team.

MUFCgal

At the end of the day, Northern fans would never buy into it. Whether we lose out on qualification or not is irrelevant, its about supporting your country, and for NI fans our country is Northern Ireland. We're proud of it. All hell would break loose if they tried to force NI into a United Ireland team.
Yep, pretty much spot on.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
Ireland fans arent keen on it either, so there's no point messing about with an All-Ireland team or an All-Ireland League. Many clubs - North & South couldnt afford the travel expense involved in playing in an All-Ireland League anyway. The Setanta Cup is as good as it gets & that should be enough!

golden_blunder

Staff
Disappointed McCourt didn't get on tonight, was on the bench

I'll tell you what though, Niall McGinn, our wee Derry mucker, was fecking immense. Took on 2-3 men at a time, beating them with ease. Good crosses. Great performance. Pity he didn't finish that chance that Davis served up. Looks like he has staked a real claim for the left wing spot. Got a big future for us.

Anna_Livia

A jumped up pantry bhoy, who never knew his place.
Disappointed McCourt didn't get on tonight, was on the bench

I'll tell you what though, Niall McGinn, our wee Derry mucker, was fecking immense. Took on 2-3 men at a time, beating them with ease. Good crosses. Great performance. Pity he didn't finish that chance that Davis served up. Looks like he has staked a real claim for the left wing spot. Got a big future for us.
Good to hear that. He's looked very exciting for Celtic so far this season too.

Anna_Livia

A couple more weirdly brilliant goals from Paddy McCourt so far this season. Weird because he doesn't seem to have many "tricks", or a turn of pace; just beautiful balance and a way of dipping his shoulder that makes defenders fall off him.

Anna_Livia

I wonder if he's given up the smokes yet?

Nope. And he still likes a drink. And looks like a shambling tramp. I thought at the time that he'd had a heart attack after scoring that second goal but he'd ran headlong into Shaun Maloney.

He still manages to produce one sublime moment every time he plays though. He's a wee gem.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Was at the Northern Ireland match last night and i have to say this lad looks a class player. Interestingly he was playing in a deep lying central midfield role for us, which was a surprise given the criticism he gets for the defensive side of his game. He was so assured on the ball, taking it past players with ease and spraying passes across the pitch. Even put in a couple of crunching tackles.

He's a serious enigma of a player. Chatting lads last night from the same home city as him and they say he has no interest at all in being a professional footballer, that he'd rather sit in a bookies/pub all day. I'm not sure what his attitudes like now but he's certainly got lots of ability. Should have a big part to play in the Euros for us.

MUFCgal

Was at the Northern Ireland match last night and i have to say this lad looks a class player. Interestingly he was playing in a deep lying central midfield role for us, which was a surprise given the criticism he gets for the defensive side of his game. He was so assured on the ball, taking it past players with ease and spraying passes across the pitch. Even put in a couple of crunching tackles.

He's a serious enigma of a player. Chatting lads last night from the same home city as him and they say he has no interest at all in being a professional footballer, that he'd rather sit in a bookies/pub all day. I'm not sure what his attitudes like now but he's certainly got lots of ability. Should have a big part to play in the Euros for us.
I was at the match too, and I liked the look of McCourt. I hope he has his attitude spot on because he could be a real good player for us.

Decotron

:lol: wdf is Kenny on.........carry on I say....

Bhoys warn Reds off McCourt
Celtic keen to keep hold of winger
By Pete O'Rourke

Skysports.com understands Celtic have rebuffed Liverpool's enquiry for winger Paddy McCourt.

Liverpool are believed to have made a tentative enquiry about McCourt's availability following his stunning showing for Northern Ireland against Faroe Islands last week.

The 27-year-old scored two superb solo goals in the 4-0 win over the Faroes and his performance alerted scouts from Liverpool.

Reds boss Kenny Dalglish is thought to be keen on adding some creativity to his attacking options and he sees McCourt as someone who can unlock defences with his skilful runs.

However, Celtic are thought to have warned Liverpool off making a move for McCourt as Neil Lennon is keen to keep the 27-year-old in Glasgow.

McCourt has struggled to establish himself as a regular in the Celtic side since arriving from Derry City in 2008, but he is highly regarded within the corridors of Parkhead.

Celtic insist McCourt is not for sale, but it remains to be seen if Liverpool will firm up their interest with a bid for the winger to try and force the Bhoys' hand.

Robbo

Skysports.com understands Celtic have rebuffed Liverpool's enquiry for winger Paddy McCourt.

Liverpool are believed to have made a tentative enquiry about McCourt's availability following his stunning showing for Northern Ireland against Faroe Islands Fishermen XI last week.

The 27-year-old scored two superb solo goals against some fishermen and a pub landlord called Serveum pinta in the 4-0 win over the Faroes and his performance alerted scouts from Liverpool.

Reds boss Kenny Dalglish is thought to be keen on adding some creativity to his attacking options and he sees McCourt as someone who can unlock defences with his skilful runs although of course his personal grooming and dental hygiene would need to be monitored by Charlie Adam.

However, Celtic are thought to have warned Liverpool off making a move for McCourt as Neil Lennon is keen to keep the 27-year-old in Glasgow as it increases the number of folk who are not irritated by his over accentuated working class accent

McCourt has struggled to establish himself as a regular in the Celtic side since arriving from Derry City in 2008, but he is highly regarded within the corridors of Parkhead which means feck all to be honest.

MUFCgal

I love him, class player. Two great goals against the Faroe Islands, let's hope he can keep it going because he could really push us into contention even for a play-off spot in the group.

Don't know about him going to Liverpool. I don't really watch any Scottish football, does he feature much for Celtic at all? Or would a move to the PL and Liverpool do him more good to play more games and keep fit?

MUFCgal

he is kind of like a watered down Bestie in many ways!

On a side note I noticed how uncomfortable some of the NI lads were when they played the anthems..cant they do Irelands call or something instead of that god save the queen pish?
This thread is about Paddy McCourt, it would be nice to keep it that way.

golden_blunder

Staff
he is kind of like a watered down Bestie in many ways!

On a side note I noticed how uncomfortable some of the NI lads were when they played the anthems..cant they do Irelands call or something instead of that god save the queen pish?
if he was that uncomfortable, he wouldn't play in the first place would he?

why do you always be the one that takes threads about Northern Irish football in a policitical direction?

FranklyVulgar

I've got a pretty little mouth underneath all the
I love him, class player. Two great goals against the Faroe Islands, let's hope he can keep it going because he could really push us into contention even for a play-off spot in the group.

Don't know about him going to Liverpool. I don't really watch any Scottish football, does he feature much for Celtic at all? Or would a move to the PL and Liverpool do him more good to play more games and keep fit?
If he can barely get a game for Celtic surely his chances at Liverpool would be even slimmer...

Ramshock

if he was that uncomfortable, he wouldn't play in the first place would he?

why do you always be the one that takes threads about Northern Irish football in a policitical direction?
It was just an observation chill out ffs! I honestly dont think the playing of an anthem dictates wether a player does or does not play for a country..I just observed a few of them looked uncomfortable during it. Even Evans didnt look comfortable with it!

Widnes

changing anthem may make just as many other players uncomfortable, I've known a few people from Northern Ireland who hate been called Irish & insisted on been called British.

Not sure why been called irish was so offensive to them after all it is Northen Ireland.

MUFCgal

changing anthem may make just as many other players uncomfortable, I've known a few people from Northern Ireland who hate been called Irish & insisted on been called British.

Not sure why been called irish was so offensive to them after all it is Northen Ireland.
I don't like being called Irish, I'm Northern Irish.

Anyway, like I said. No need to take this thread down this route, because it would probably end with it being locked.

It's about the genius of Paddy McCourt.