Paedophile Richard Huckle stabbed to death at Full Sutton Prison

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
The facts are that countries with the most “lenient” (ie a rehabilitation focused penal system) have the lowest crime rates. It costs society the least in terms of money & harm. Adequate staffing in numbers & and training are essential. A prison system where bullying & assaults is common place will only lead to more crime & violence on the streets.
Is this more to do with the countries resources/wealth rather than the penal system? There's more of a correlation with crime and poverty than anything else imo.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Reading through this thread (and there were many similar ones before), I can't help thinking it might not be too hard to reintroduce torture and the death penalty where they have been abolished.

Last edited:

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Reading through this thread (and there were many similar ones before), I can't help thinking it might not be too hard to reintroduce torture and the death penalty where they have been abolished.
With blatant cases like this, absolutely agree on it

Dante

Average bang
I've always found it strange when the public revel in the idea of a criminal getting raped in prison.

First of all, that's a horrific thing to wish on somebody.

Secondly, the people doing the raping are also other criminals. That bad guy that you hope will get sexually abused is just as likely to be the one sexually abusing his fellow inmates.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I agree with the Talion law in this disturbing cases. I know is not right. I know it shouldn't make it to law for the sake of society, but it revolts my guts
I get that, I really do. And I'm not going to pretend that I'd lose a single moments sleep over what happened to this monster, or that I would if he was tortured. Because I wouldn't.

But yeah, the law has to be better than that. We can't reduce ourselves to that level, for the good of society as you say.