PANIC (Dont Panic)

Superden

just a quick look the dailymail online today:

" Pictures show aisles at some supermarkets in the UK already stripped bare of meat (bottom left), fruit (top left) and frozen goods as customers were seen pushing trolleys loaded with toilet roll and water bottles (centre and right, in Manchester) ahead of the festive season. "

Shelves Stripped BARE!

is anyone actually stocking up? Ive still got the UHT milk i bought at the beginning of the original lockdown.
I remember seeing all the hassles over loo roll, and then wandering into home bargains a few days later to see aisles floor to ceiling with cases of loo roll and noone about. (i work in retail in a town centre so see the madness first hand).

choccy77

The media will always try to cause panic, so that it suit's their objectives.

In reality, it isn't in the supermarket's best interests to have empty shelves' through people stockpiling, they want trade consistently, one thing i've notice is that in the last 2 weeks, less deals are available than say pre pandemic, cos the stores need stock and if they have less HGV's delivering it takes longer to replenish.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers

" Pictures show aisles at some supermarkets in the UK already stripped bare of meat (bottom left), fruit (top left) and frozen goods as customers were seen pushing trolleys loaded with toilet roll and water bottles (centre and right, in Manchester) ahead of the festive season. "

Shelves Stripped BARE!

is anyone actually stocking up? Ive still got the UHT milk i bought at the beginning of the original lockdown.
I remember seeing all the hassles over loo roll, and then wandering into home bargains a few days later to see aisles floor to ceiling with cases of loo roll and noone about. (i work in retail in a town centre so see the madness first hand).
No. Not even toilet paper.
Isn't that just typical of the DM. They should give away free razor blades. Because after you have read all the sh1t they print, you will want to slash your wrists.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore

Shelves Stripped BARE!

Stocking up on fruit for Xmas... seems a little early tbh

Charlie Foley

Part of me is happy. You reap what you sow.
Sadly I imagine there will be a lot of vulnerable people not responsible who struggle as a result of this too if it gets bad. My only comparison is lockdown over here, it never got as desolate as suggested, though there were a few weeks hand sanitiser and toilet paper were tough to find.

as for the people who brought this upon you all (assuming you’re from the UK) yeah feck em

Superden

you had days of daily mail readers losing their minds with the beeb for causing the petrol shortage crisis with their lefty/woke/remonaer/lgbtq+/crusty/snowflake slant on the fuel shortage. and yet their blue dyed darling paper gets away with this nonsense.

Zen86

I thought we’re supposed to have loads of food now we’ve got rid of those pesky EU banana regulations??