Pape Sarr

Tarrou

yeah I'm not buying this one

using our name to create bidding war I guess, or get someone else already negotiating to cough up

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Below info is from a RMC journo (Francois Pinet), who says that Metz are negotiating with EPL clubs (United, Chelsea) to have the player loaned back to them for the 21/22 season. He also says that Metz are trying to get around €30m for him but they're aren't confident of doing so, but it's worth a go with the English market.

Probably not the best translation..

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
We do shell out quite big for extra ordinary young talents or have been interested in the past in the last two years.

See the likes of Mejbri, Diallo and then the likes of Bellingham, Haaland and Cherki, all of whom were roughly the same age and we were very interested in signing them. I personally think there's something concrete in this rumor.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
We do shell out quite big for extra ordinary young talents or have been interested in the past in the last two years.

See the likes of Mejbri, Diallo and then the likes of Bellingham, Haaland and Cherki, all of whom were roughly the same age and we were very interested in signing them. I personally think there's something concrete in this rumor.
The one that got away...

Edit: well the one I'm most upset we didn't sign

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
The one that got away...

Edit: well the one I'm most upset we didn't sign
For me it's Haaland and then Bellingham. Cherki is a big talent but fairly unproven so far, Haaland is a world star.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
For me it's Haaland and then Bellingham. Cherki is a big talent but fairly unproven so far, Haaland is a world star.
Yeah, both you mentioned are definitely far further along, but I would have loved to get Cherki into English football early. I think he could be something super special.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
The reason I believe in this is because he has seems like he has a very good long distance pass- can see him being targeted to be a potential deep lying playmaker for us even if its not his position right now.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
The reason I believe in this is because he has seems like he has a very good long distance pass- can see him being targeted to be a potential deep lying playmaker for us even if its not his position right now.
He's actually been deployed more as a #6 for Metz, whilst in the Senegal youth teams, he was deployed as a attacking midfielder. But what's clear from watching him play, he definitely has the potential to advance play from a deeper role to a high level. He can pass and dribble his way out of confined spaces.

He's not someone we should look to bring in straight away, but a loan back to Metz would probably suit everyone. It's also been reported by two UK based journos that we're looking to sign a young emerging midfielder and this lad fits the bill along with a few others.

davidmichael

I know nothing about this player but for anyone that does is he better for what United need than Camavinga or Tchouaméni would be ? From what I have seen personally I’d love us to sign Camavinga this summer so he has a year to bed in without too much pressure then get Bellingham next summer.

Ekeke

Looks a very talented combative midfielder with a bit of skill and a quality shot.

30 million seems too much

Last edited:

Varun1

Am pretty sure nothing will come out of this, as in the player won't be coming to us. Maybe another EPL team though.

redrobed

Proved again at the weekend that he belongs in the Premier League. They were quoting Liverpool about 50m for him not so long ago. If we can get him for that he’d be a great addition to the squad.

ti vu

Below info is from a RMC journo (Francois Pinet), who says that Metz are negotiating with EPL clubs (United, Chelsea) to have the player loaned back to them for the 21/22 season. He also says that Metz are trying to get around €30m for him but they're aren't confident of doing so, but it's worth a go with the English market.

Probably not the best translation..

If he's signed to a PL club, I doubt the club would be more interested in making him stay rather loaning him back, since he can be made a PL homegrown by the time he turn 21. With Brexit and COVID, spending a decent fee, club would try to make the best out of the transfer.

BTW, his style of play is similar to Fabinho IMO.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Proved again at the weekend that he belongs in the Premier League. They were quoting Liverpool about 50m for him not so long ago. If we can get him for that he’d be a great addition to the squad.
Are you thinking of the other Sarr?

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
I read one of the their midfielder got injured and they may not let Pape move this season.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I know nothing about this player but for anyone that does is he better for what United need than Camavinga or Tchouaméni would be ? From what I have seen personally I’d love us to sign Camavinga this summer so he has a year to bed in without too much pressure then get Bellingham next summer.
Out of the 3 players, Tchouameni would be a excellent signing due to his ability to play as a DM. He's also showing ability to be a very complete midfielder which is very important in offensive transition. Monaco lost the first leg of their home UCL qualifier 0-1 against Shakhtar. So if they (Monaco) fail to make it through to the UCL proper, then a opportunity may present itself for someone.

I am guessing that if there is any truth to this- then the €30 headline fee would be the top figure including all add-ons.

As with Diallo, the actual fee before add-ons would be much less.

Last edited:

Alemar

Out of the 3 players, Tchouameni would be a excellent signing due to his ability to play as a DM. He's also showing ability to be a very complete midfielder which is very important in offensive transition. Monaco lost the first leg of their home UCL qualifier 0-1 against Shakhtar. So if they (Monaco) fail to make it through to the UCL proper, then a opportunity may present itself for someone.
Wouldn’t he be cup tied for the UCL then?

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

On the verge of signing for Spurs.
Fee is €10m + €5m add-ons.

Kearnkoff69

Looks a shrewd signing at the reported price. Still seems very raw to me but if he develops, he'll be a good fit for the PL.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Should we be in for him at this price? Or is he not worth it?
We have good academy players coming through and even quite a few first teamers in and around his age and positions. Don’t think adding another one and trying to figure out another loan is ideal at this point.

redrobed

This isn’t the guy from Watford apparently. We should be nowhere near this.

Red_toad

We have good academy players coming through and even quite a few first teamers in and around his age and positions. Don’t think adding another one and trying to figure out another loan is ideal at this point.
It wouldn’t really be adding, as his club are looking to sell and keep on loan for another season. For the reputed price its certainly worth a go.

jeepers

Why has his price dropped so abruptly? From 30m to 12-15m. Is Metz in desperate need for money?

I’ve not watched him, but he’s one of the more highly rated young midfielders in France in recent times.

We could let him go back to Metz on loan for the season then evaluate both him and Garner next pre-season eh?

Seems like we don’t rate him or just aren’t interested for whatever

mav_9me

They supposedly wanted 30 from us and to send him back on loan for this season. Now it’s nearly half price to Spurs and no loan… go figure…
Tells you our name was being used to smoke interest out or even create interest.