Papiss Cissé - 11/12...

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
So good upon his arrival in January 2012. Played in a strong Newcastle side under Pardew too which got career best football from Cissé, Bá, Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Tiote (R.I.P) and Gutierrez.

Not only did he score like 12 or 13 goals in under half a season, but the quality of his finishing with either foot was sensational. Quite disappointing that he dropped off massively straight away.

Last edited:

narnar

Needs Help
So good upon his arrival in January 2012. Played in a strong Newcastle side under Pardew too which got career best football from Cissé, Bá, Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Tiote (R.I.P) and Gutierrez.

Not only did he score like 12 or 13 goals in under half a season, but the quality of his finishing with either foot was sensational. Quite disappointing that he dropped off massively straight away.

That's some nice throw ins there.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
First Demba Ba scored for fun in the 1st half, then Cisse. It's like they took turns.

That Newcastle kit was nice btw.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
That period from 2011-2013 was quite fun. Loads of random strikers joined the league and scored a bunch in their first season and then failed to produce the same again - Jelavic, Michu, Cisse being a few.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
First Demba Ba scored for fun in the 1st half, then Cisse. It's like they took turns.

That Newcastle kit was nice btw.
I think it’s the quality of Cissé goals that make it the more remarkable. About 5 very top drawer finishes in there.

And to be fair to Newcastle, they’ve had a few iconic kits.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
That period from 2011-2013 was quite fun. Loads of random strikers joined the league and scored a bunch in their first season and then failed to produce the same again - Jelavic, Michu, Cisse being a few.
Zaki, Bony (although he came with a reputation).

Dante

Average bang
He looked like the real deal for a brief period. I never understood why he turned to shit like he did.

He's played in some poor leagues but his goal record has been pretty impressive most places he's gone. Currently tearing it up in Turkey. Definitely a journeyman, shame he could never keep up that form in England. That brace vs. Chelsea is up there with the best braces of all time

Those seasons were very fun, Michu was beautiful to watch for a year and Benteke was at his peak. Charlie Austin was banging them in for QPR a few seasons later too. Lots of quality mid and lower table strikers.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
He was really good for Freiburg aswell in the year before he joined Newcastle. According to himself he was pretty close to joining Bayern Munich in that transfer window before Newcastle came in for him.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The 6 months that made him the best striker in FM. I think he had 20/20 for finishing which caused an outrage

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Was this around the same era when Steven Naismith became a lite Thomas Müller goalgetting second striker?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Was this around the same era when Steven Naismith became a lite Thomas Müller goalgetting second striker?
Yep. Joined in 2012. At his best 2013-2015. That was a really fun time to be an Everton supporter. Just before Moyes left we had Mirallas and Coleman on the right and Pienaar and Baines on the left and they played some really nice football. Obviously then Martinez joined and we had that quality season with Lukaku, Barkley, Stones, Deulofeu etc. (Including Naismith) that looked unbelievably good. What a team that could have been. :(

United58

Yep. Joined in 2012. At his best 2013-2015. That was a really fun time to be an Everton supporter. Just before Moyes left we had Mirallas and Coleman on the right and Pienaar and Baines on the left and they played some really nice football. Obviously then Martinez joined and we had that quality season with Lukaku, Barkley, Stones, Deulofeu etc. (Including Naismith) that looked unbelievably good. What a team that could have been. :(
I remember in the summer of 2013 clinging to the hope that Moyes would bring attacking football to Old Trafford as his Everton side would play fantastic stuff in the 10s (that 4-4 against us at Old Trafford in April 2012 was an incredible game of football), then of course the season happened.

Redcy

I had completely forgot about cisse. Pardew is such a wanker, loves himself. That celebration when cisse scores his first

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Yohan Cabaye was class at Newcastle for a few seasons, always felt like a player too good for them, French international as well.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
I had completely forgot about cisse. Pardew is such a wanker, loves himself. That celebration when cisse scores his first
Nothing will ever top the fa cup celebration against us for smugness.

Acole9

Outstanding
I quite liked that Newcastle team at the time. I thought at one point Cisse and Ba were the second coming of Cole and Yorke what with their strike partnership and friendship off the pitch.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Pardew always seemed a prick to me. And I was always miffed at the way he got Chris Hughton’s job anyway.
I quite liked that Newcastle team at the time. I thought at one point Cisse and Ba were the second coming of Cole and Yorke what with their strike partnership and friendship off the pitch.
They had an exciting side with those two, Cabaye, Tiote, Gutierrez, Coloccini, Santon and Ben Arfa at the time.