Pardew Draft

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.

Standard T&C:

S1 - All time snake draft.
S2 - Initial drafting of 12 players.
S3 - 4 hrs per pick. Do not wait or provide extra time. Extra 4 hours if PM'd to other players. Please PM the player after you in the order.
S4 - No change in picks after posting.
S5 - No substitutions. Tactical changes with in-field players only.
S6 - Draw will be decided by Coin Toss
S7 - In match thread, only one of the managers is allowed to post for the duration of the match. The other manager is restricted to 3 posts or less for the duration of match thread. Make your choice and make it clear on match thread on who will lead the discussions. It's not one at a time. It's just one for the match.

Draft Rules:

1. To begin, each manager will nominate one club and one manager. One club and one manager will then be allocated at random by a neutral to each manager, and this will form each manager's pool. For example, Manager A could end up with Manchester United and Fabio Capello. All players who have played at least one competitive match for Manchester United can be selected by Manager A, as can all players who have played at least one competitive match under the management of Fabio Capello.
  2. Manager B could conceivably end up with Boavista and the mighty Alan Pardew as their club and manager combo - imbalances in the quality of each manager's pool are inevitable, and the extent will partly depend on how capricious we are with our initial selections for the randomiser.
  3. Players will be assessed under career peak rather than their peak under that specific club or manager, largely to increase competition for players during drafting. For example, a manager with the Manchester United pool can pick Schweinsteiger and he should still be judged by his Bayern/Germany peak.
Reinforcements:

Two reinforcements for the QF and SFs, and one reinforcement for the final. The usual reversing of the snake order applies.

MANAGERS CAN CONTINUE TO REINFORCE FROM THEIR OWN POOL AND/OR SELECT FROM THEIR BEATEN OPPONENT'S SQUAD.

So two reinforcements as usual for QF and SF. Up to each manager whether they choose 2 players from their own pool, two players from their beaten opponent's squad, or 1 from each. Final is one reinforcement, on an either/or basis.

Last edited:

Pat_Mustard

It's going to be chaos, and for the reason I'm in
:lol: That's the spirit! Genuinely interested to see if anyone chooses to nominate any proper dud clubs or managers. Would make for quite a forlorn drafting process for whatever poor bastards end up with them, but might still be amusing as long as I'm not the victim.

Michaelf7777777

(∪。∪)。。。zzz
1) Pat Mustard
2) SirScholes
3) Pnut
4) Sjor
5) Prolifik
6) Enigma
7) Michaelf7777777

BIG DUNK

Tank
1) Pat Mustard
2) SirScholes
3) Pnut
4) Sjor
5) Prolifik
6) Enigma
7) Michaelf7777777
8) Himannv
9) BIG DUNK

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Can drafters be assigned the same club or manager? I'm thinking in the case that drafters pick of club and manager overlap.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
Can drafters be assigned the same club or manager? I'm thinking in the case that drafters pick of club and manager overlap.
dont think so or at least hope its 16 different clubs and managers....
also, @Pat_Mustard you should make it hidden, via pm so we dont know who choosed what and who got what

Šjor Bepo

Yeah it's the only way to do it really. Also to ensure certain people don't know one or 2 criteria any double picks should go on a block list.
just leave it imo
doesnt matter if they know one club/manager

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
So what happened if poster gets challenging Club and manager, a.k.a. obscure/shitty club & manager? I mean, what's the point competing?

Probably the list of Club and manager should be openly determined early, and make them somewhat equally challenging if needed. Then the distribution would be in secret.

prolifik

So what happened if poster gets challenging Club and manager, a.k.a. obscure/shitty club & manager? I mean, what's the point competing?

Probably the list of Club and manager should be openly determined early, and make them somewhat equally challenging if needed. Then the distribution would be in secret.
Agreed

Šjor Bepo

point of the draft is to have fun not to compete....id hope to get two worst options :drool:

Šjor Bepo

but you can get around it, just put criterias for nominated clubs/managers....like winning the cl or certain amount of league titles

Pat_Mustard

I'm considering making the reinforcements open pool if people are agreeable - gives the managers with the less generous pool more opportunity to narrow the gap if they can make it through the first round.

I hadn't actually planned to do any of it in secret, but if that's what the masses want then we can do it that way.

Šjor Bepo

In fact, does it really make things any more interesting to do the nominations in private? I don't see it personally.
opens up possibility of saving a early pick for last as nobody else can pick that player

Pat_Mustard

opens up possibility of saving a early pick for last as nobody else can pick that player
Aahh I get you. Still keener personally on doing everything openly just for the ease but I'm happy to go with the majority. If we do the private approach I reckon I'll either have to drop out as a manager though, or else beg someone else to do all the running of the draft.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I can assist with drawing, PM'ing players/managers, etc. Won't participate as manager though.