g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Pathetic fans booing Maguire

Teja

They were very supportive during the Arsenal game. Could be the madrid fans for shits and giggles?

Waynne

Not sure where its coming from but football fans in general love to troll this guy. He could put in sustained man of the match performances and it wouldn't make a difference.

Some people are just flat out disgusting.

Bwuk

Agreed.

Majority of these fans will never see United play in person again, and they spend the game booing one of our own players. Ridiculous.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
They were very supportive during the Arsenal game. Could be the madrid fans for shits and giggles?
It's not like Old Trafford where same set of fans attend games every week, it's preseason, so whoever attended Arsenal game might be different from the ones who attended this game.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Same.

This is why Liverpool have more CLs than us, they support their mediocre players in to a state of delusion.

We would never win 2005 CL final vs Milan with that team.

Last edited:

Devil You Know

He's an easy punchline for people who don't have a sense of humour beyond making references to what they've seen online.

It's the footballing equivalent of those people who quote Borat or Harry Enfield lines and think their hilarious. There was a fair bit of that in the matchday thread as well.

MUFC OK

He's an easy punchline for people who don't have a sense of humour beyond making references to what they've seen online.

It's the footballing equivalent of those people who quote Borat or Harry Enfield lines and think their hilarious. There was a fair bit of that in the matchday thread as well.
Disagree, it's a much higher degree of dimwittery.

RedStarUnited

I think it's a disgrace. Support every player when they wear the shirt.

Why are they booing him? Sheep.
I dont like the booing, because it does no good for the team. But I certainly don’t subscribe to the bolded part.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Same.

This is why Liverpool have more CLs than us, they support their mediocre players in to a state of delusion.

We would never win 2005 CL final vs Milan
How do you manage to so consistently have such shit takes? It's almost impressive.

Blood Mage

Makes no sense. As long as he's here we at least want him to do his best and booing him is only going to cause his head to drop along with his performance levels. I don't like him but it must be said, there aren't many better 4th choice CBs around.

Waynne

Makes no sense. As long as he's here we at least want him to do his best and booing him is only going to cause his head to drop along with his performance levels. I don't like him but it must be said, there aren't many better 4th choice CBs around.
I'm in the same boat. He will have my full support while he's a United player. I don't think he's enough quality to continue in this setup but who do we have to fall back on if our first choice CB's are out?

It must be such a morale killer to have to witness booing at every turn, on the pitch, in person, on social media. Its disgusting and infuriating that this is still continuing. Last season he put in a couple of decent perfomances and he still got stick from the fans.

Son

Same.

Our club always messes up in Europe apart from the once in a generation season. Our European record is honestly poor in the later rounds for a club our size.

Fergie only really got us properly ticking in Europe for a few years looking back.

Bebestation

Our club always messes up in Europe apart from the once in a generation season. Our European record is honestly poor in the later rounds for a club our size.

Fergie only really got us properly ticking in Europe for a few years looking back.
Its something ive wondered about - why do we never win fluke Cls like liv vs Milan or Chelseas recent 1.
We only ever win where we are no doubt best itw.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20

Not to mention that we've just played Real Madrid, the team with most CL titles by miles, whose fans are of course well known for tolerating shit players. :lol:

Abraxas

Incredibly lame stuff. What are we booing a squad centre half for? Absolutely ridiculous set of cretins.

Bebestation

Not to mention that we've just played Real Madrid, the team with most CL titles by miles, whose fans are of course well known for tolerating shit players. :lol:
Yeah because they also have to deal with youth systems and homegrown players as a part of their ethos :rolleyes:

Rashford’s another one our fans like/dislike depending on their time of the month.

downunder red

Instead of booing our players they should of been singing chants about the leeching parasitical scumbag owners. Opportunity wasted!

fergosaurus

It really is pathetic. It annoyed me when it happened Nani and Fellaini. It's disgraceful to boo your own players unless they've done something exceptionally bad.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Said it in another thread. Of course he can stay, its within his power but once his own supporters start booing him it can get very ugly...

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
Worked well for real madrid. Imo fans shouldn't boo him and he also shouldn't stay here until it comes to the point. I forgot where I'm going with this.

Judas

Open to offers
It's genuinely pathetic, but a lot of the foreign fanbase really do live in an online bubble, so the toxicity doesn't shock me.

Same.

Insane :lol:

Fabio Rochemback

It really is pathetic. It annoyed me when it happened Nani and Fellaini. It's disgraceful to boo your own players unless they've done something exceptionally bad.
It was particularly frustrating when Nani got booed, cos he was actually a good player.

I don't agree with booing Fellaini or Maguire either, both not good enough for United but not through lack of effort.

VP

Same.

:lol:

This is why I worry about Yanks getting into football.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
How do you manage to so consistently have such shit takes? It's almost impressive.
:lol: it’s actually funny how true this is. Every post they make I know will be something crazy

AndySmith1990

You'd think people ran onto the pitch and kicked the guy in the face given the reactions on here. It's harmless booing ffs. It's been used in theaters for centuries and as far as I'm aware no one has been seriously hurt as a result