Patrice Evra | 2012/13 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

OGkush

Hey man, got any papers?
I think he's more reliable now than he was last year, although you could attribute some of it down to Vidič, but still.
It's just that "we" always need a scapegoat, and once a player makes a few mistakes it's next to impossible for the majority of the people to not be dickheads about it and keep spewing out the same old shit from last year, because that's a "popular opinion".

Not saying he's as good as he once was, but that he's not nearly as bad as some of you portray him to be. And I'll admit it, he frustrates me sometimes and did just that last season, and I'll be the first to point out his mistakes when he makes them, but for him to be slandered like this it's realy not justified.

OGkush

Hey man, got any papers?
Me balls. It's not about scapegaoting. It's about pointing out Paddy has been poor.

He has been.
He had a poor year last year, wouldn't exactly say he's been poor recently.
And isn't it about scapegoating? Please, whenever something's off people jump the gun, which is sad and funny actualy if you think about it.

When a (young) player does well and gets complimented on here, there are always lots of people that keep telling others to "calm down, he's not nearly ready, needs game time, too early to call,...", while hardly anyone hesitates about "taking it out" on a player in a thread, it's as if you need to climb a mountain to get recognized, but only need to make a mistake or two and you're too much of a liability to ever be played in a game that's not already won.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Naively presuming we start from scratch at the start of the season, I've been mildly impressed with him this term. Thought he was pretty good the other night. Slick offensively, positionally sounder in defence. Don't see the tiredness thing.

ecantona7

Whatever happens, there are always things you coul
Naively presuming we start from scratch at the start of the season, I've been mildly impressed with him this term. Thought he was pretty good the other night. Slick offensively, positionally sounder in defence. Don't see the tiredness thing.
He hasn't impressed this season. He's be alright. Maybe the reason you are impressed with him is cause how low your expectations have gotten with him due to his poor performances last season. Personally I thought he would be worse if not on par with his performances last season and on wednesday was the only game where I didn't see him do some sort of feck up. He was tracking back pretty well for that game but prior to buttner's start he's had some sort of feck up here or there that has led to a chance for the other team.

Wednesday was good though and if he can build on it then maybe he can only get better from here on in. Regardless of what anyone thinks, getting buttner was a good move and provides a competition that LB was seriously lacking.

Still ill

He hasn't impressed this season. He's be alright. Maybe the reason you are impressed with him is cause how low your expectations have gotten with him due to his poor performances last season. Personally I thought he would be worse if not on par with his performances last season and on wednesday was the only game where I didn't see him do some sort of feck up. He was tracking back pretty well for that game but prior to buttner's start he's had some sort of feck up here or there that has led to a chance for the other team.

Wednesday was good though and if he can build on it then maybe he can only get better from here on in. Regardless of what anyone thinks, getting buttner was a good move and provides a competition that LB was seriously lacking.

Would be astounded if you found anyone on the Caf that did not think that.

ecantona7

Whatever happens, there are always things you coul
[/B]

Would be astounded if you found anyone on the Caf that did not think that.
Oh for sure, just saying that the kid wasn't a name or anything, practically no one had heard of him and everyone in holland was shocked by the move.

But regardless of his abilities, just having him here provides evra with some competition and rotation in terms of rest.

Widnes

I remember in the Baines transfer thread this summer a lot of posters was saying Evra is a much better player still, but I really don't see it I think he is turning into a real liability for us these days I'm really hoping Buttner can settle into the team because as great as he was I really don't see what Evra offers us these days.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Thought he was awful. If Buttner plays well in the CC then we should give him a chance against Spurs (and Lennon) next week.

Widnes

Thought he was awful. If Buttner plays well in the CC then we should give him a chance against Spurs (and Lennon) next week.
I think he has been awful for a long time thats why I was surprised people was claiming he was better than Baines because their is a real gulf in the favour of Baines for me, But Buttner had a promising debut & looked good for the U21 so I am excited to see him again.

girish

I too love women...for their shoes.
He wasn't bad. But once again when he went forward, and we ended up losing possession, he was late to get back at left back and we were open.

Did well against Sterling though.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
As much as I adore Evra, I'm one of his critics recently but I thought he had a good game. Positioned himself badly at times but still.

kundalini

His marking of Sterling was almost non-existent. I suppose his display wasn't as bad as some.

Still ill

He wasn't bad. But once again when he went forward, and we ended up losing possession, he was late to get back at left back and we were open.

Did well against Sterling though.
I don't know. Felt like he was hanging on by his fingernails. Against a 17 year old rookie. He did ok, no more.

Bloxy

Why does it always rain on me?
Like most I love Evra, but he must be the worse left back in the top 4. He does possess good skills going forward but he almost always get beaten or skinned and hardly ever stops crosses. Last week we saw the light. I just hope SAF's not going to do a Gary Neville and make him a liability to the rest of the team.

Phil

It's taken a while to get to this stage as I love him so, but he is Playing fecking poorly at the moment.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
He did ok today, certainly not as bad as some make out

Our back 4 and keeper won us the game today for a lot of last ditch stuff.

Going forward he was quite poor though.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
People going overboard again I think. He was okay today, got beaten by Sterling a few times, who to be fair, is a good, young player who is in tremendous form, but also put in a couple of decent challenges and, basically, wasn't as bad as a few of you are making out.

People going overboard again I think. He was okay today, got beaten by Sterling a few times, who to be fair, is a good, young player who is in tremendous form, but also put in a couple of decent challenges and, basically, wasn't as bad as a few of you are making out.
I'd say that's about right. He had to deal with the occasion and the tension with Suarez as well. Evra was no worse than much of our team. Sterling is pacy and elusive and he did get a bit too much space at times. Don't forget Evra had to handle most of the left flank by himself from the second half onwards. In that respect i'm not overly disappointed in him.

Cold_Boy

Was poor most of the times today.

Hopefully Fergie doesn't play Evra into the 40's.

emaveric

I think the frustration with him is his lack of urgency to track back. Many times when he lost the ball, he just jog back & left massive hole that needed our CB to deal with

SirAF

Ageist
Don't think Pat was particurlarly good today - but not as bad as some make out. Still hope that the competition from Büttner will push him on, and force him to come good again.

kps88

To be fair he wasn't helped by having a woefully out of form Nani ahead of him.

girish

I too love women...for their shoes.
I don't know. Felt like he was hanging on by his fingernails. Against a 17 year old rookie. He did ok, no more.
I expected Sterling to get past Evra easily everytime. But he wasn't given a lot of space by Evra. I'd say he did okay.

I'm always right

You're all just a bunch of moaning cnuts quite frankly, infract away Brwned, or better still, ban me from this place.... you'd do me a favour.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
To be fair he wasn't helped by having a woefully out of form Nani ahead of him.
I think this is the nub of the issue today. Not great for either of them, and when both are not at their best, it compounds the perception.

Still, I would rather we have both available for 1st team selection than not, both world class when half on form.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Thought he was poor myself. What a let off when they took Sterling off.
What great let off was this? I mean what did Sterling actually do in this game? He had a couple of openings in the first half which didn't amount to much, and he got in behind Evra in the second half, but then Evra closed him down well and again, it didn't come to anything.

I think he put about 2 or 3 crosses in the whole game in fact...

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Sterling did absolutely nothing in the match.

Status
Not open for further replies.