Patrice Evra | 2012/13 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Rafael was class I thought. And I've been critical of him in the past.

UnitedRoadRed

Looks like Buttner could be the kick up the arse he needs to get him out of the comfort zone with only Fabio behind him once De Laet and O'Shea departed.

OGkush

Hey man, got any papers?
Seriously it's not like he had a bad game or anything...not top 3 MOTM material, but not a bad game, especialy considering how some of you love to point out every defensive mistake he makes, he was quite good yesterday, definitely didn't see him as a defensive liability out there.

MPTutd

I thought Evra did well tonight. Had little cover from Nani, especially in the first half, so it was always going to be difficult.

manusteve

Seriously it's not like he had a bad game or anything...not top 3 MOTM material, but not a bad game, especialy considering how some of you love to point out every defensive mistake he makes, he was quite good yesterday, definitely didn't see him as a defensive liability out there.
He has been a defensive liability for longer than a mere few games. Try at the very least last season. His pass to Vidic in the first half (clear penalty) was stupid - the Galatasary player came from behind Vidic and Evra shouldn't have played that pass.

It may be a confidence thing, but I'd rather have a left back who seems to have some steel, over one who is making stupid mistakes most games now and whose mere presence at Anfield will drive the Scousers into a frenzy.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Yeah I thought Evra was good too, generally strong 1v1 and when he was left 2v1 he did quite well. Not quite the force he can be going forward but still influential. His stamina is such a bonus because he's always the one injecting pace into our game towards the end.

I'm always right

Wow, I hadn't even checked the Evra thread as I thought there was zero chance of him being slagged off for last night... but feck me sideways you bunch of moaning feckers.

Evra, Nani... yeah these are the players to bitch about after last night, not fecking Scholes, Vidic or Evans who all actually had shockers.

Shakes head and leaves the mac for a calming cuppa.

I'm always right

His pass to Vidic in the first half (clear penalty) was stupid - the Galatasary player came from behind Vidic and Evra shouldn't have played that pass.
Bollox, Vida's fault, stood on his heels and reacted slower than fecking Jan Molby in his darkest days.

But yeah, blame Ev.

Vidic has started the season like a man coming back from a serious injury, let's hope he regains his form soon.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Agenda... driven... posters...

Evra was fine last night. Or does every pass have to be 100% perfect to have a good game according to some of you morons?

Rudie

Mentary
Evra did good last night, I don't understand why he's getting slated for a game where he did his job when others in the team didn't do theirs.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Wow, I hadn't even checked the Evra thread as I thought there was zero chance of him being slagged off for last night... but feck me sideways you bunch of moaning feckers.

Evra, Nani... yeah these are the players to bitch about after last night, not fecking Scholes, Vidic or Evans who all actually had shockers.

Shakes head and leaves the mac for a calming cuppa.
People are seemingly just going out of their way to find something to criticise Evra for these days... it's nonsensical.

When a player is being blamed for somebody else almost giving away a penalty, then it gets a bit ridiculous.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Evra did good last night, I don't understand why he's getting slated for a game where he did his job when others in the team didn't do theirs.
evra did fine the other night apart from one moment when he was beaten quite easily. And this lad gives him a 3/10

You have to wonder sometimes what people are watching

Evra - 3 - Shocking

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
I've come to the realization that we'll probably never see Evra at his best again. Evra at his peak was one of the best full backs I've ever seen, but sadly he won't be playing at that level any more.

INF-AMOS

People are seemingly just going out of their way to find something to criticise Evra for these days... it's nonsensical.
It dosent please me to say this, but i feel Evra has been our weakest link for some time now. It seems he just get's turned or caught out of position to many times these days.

I'm always right

It dosent please me to say this, but i feel Evra has been our weakest link for some time now. It seems he just get's turned or caught out of position to many times these days.
Weakest link?

He's still one of our strongest players and offers so much to the way we play football.

The guy who gave him a 3 the other night should seriously stop watching football.

marjen

I guess when you accept that he's not going to be the Jesus-on-earth, superhuman version of Evra that were at least 4 Evra's at the same time, you appreciate that he still brings a lot to the table.

His role as an attacking outlet is very, very important, as he's the one usually driving our attacks when we need a late goal. And with our apparent problems in CM, his ability to lead the attack past the opposition midfield and into dangerous areas obviously have it's imprtance.

Then it's a trade-off - you lose a lot of basic defensive stabiity. The question is when that balance tips over, and you lose more than you gain. IMO that has become more and more regular over the last two seasons.

Denis' cuff

I guess when you accept that he's not going to be the Jesus-on-earth, superhuman version of Evra that were at least 4 Evra's at the same time, you appreciate that he still brings a lot to the table.

His role as an attacking outlet is very, very important, as he's the one usually driving our attacks when we need a late goal. And with our apparent problems in CM, his ability to lead the attack past the opposition midfield and into dangerous areas obviously have it's imprtance.

Then it's a trade-off - you lose a lot of basic defensive stabiity. The question is when that balance tips over, and you lose more than you gain. IMO that has become more and more regular over the last two seasons.
excellent points: the guy has been an incredible valve/release for us. His defensive side of the game is probably sacrificed a bit but you can't be perfect at both unless you're Dennis Irwin - and even he wasn't perfect. The guy has been flogged to death over the past few seasons and might actually benefit from Buttner's arrival. ....then we might see Paddy back to what he was before he finally calls it a day

marjen

excellent points: the guy has been an incredible valve/release for us. His defensive side of the game is probably sacrificed a bit but you can't be perfect at both unless you're Dennis Irwin - and even he wasn't perfect. The guy has been flogged to death over the past few seasons and might actually benefit from Buttner's arrival. ....then we might see Paddy back to what he was before he finally calls it a day
I don't think we'll see Paddy back to his very best, sadly I think that's gone.

But I do think he needs a bit of a challenge. Knowing you'll play every match no matter how you perform has to have some sort of impact. There's also the case of fatigue after playing week in-week out over many seasons. A rest will do him good as well.

But at his absolute peak, his defensive side of the game was very good as well. His one-on-one defending was top notch, his pace meant few could speed past him(bar his annual Lennonitis) and he has a terrific leap on him which lead to him actually dominating most aerial battles as well.

The timing, the confidence and the ferociousness seems to have left him, I also think he's lost a tiny bit of pace. Hopefully he can finally learn to cross it properly on his older days like G. Neville did in 06-07 to at least gain some more productivity to make up for it.

puNANI

I think he played fairly well. He picked the right times to go forward, nearly scored and had good link up on many occasions. Defensively I can't remember many mistakes at all, even on occasions when they had overlaps on him. Thought he was fairly good.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
The season has just started and he seems fine to me, what is it with everyone jumping on his back these days?

He's playing just fine.
Firstly It's not jumping on his back to say he needs a rest. I never even said he is doing badly at all. Besides, just one game of rest for example enabled him to produce a superior performance to his last start. If you think that what he played vs Galatasaray's the best a fresh Evra can produce you don't rate him very highly.

Secondly, SAF himself already said Evra has been over used over the past 2 seasons. It would do him and us no harm to give him some time off now so that he is ready for the business end of the season.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Really?

"By claiming he was abused by Luis Suarez at Anfield last October, Evra set in motion one of English football’s most unsavoury episodes. By the time it concluded — months later — Suarez had been condemned as a racist in many quarters and two of our greatest clubs found themselves set against each other as never before."

I'd rank that up there as one of the single worst paragraphs written about what Suarez did to Evra; the way it is worded seems to paint Evra as the instigator and Suarez as something of a victim - the implication presumably being that racial abuse on the pitch should be tolerated and accepted :houllier:

Horrible piece of writing, regardless of the merit of the points that follow.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Football's governing bodies go around like Billy big bollocks spouting the "lets kick racism out of football" message, but when it fecking comes to it their arses drop!

Status
Not open for further replies.