Pau Torres

ShinjiNinja26

Yes that’s exactly what we need to do. Signing Varane was a big mistake and he will never come out good in EPL.
He’s had one season in the PL and has been very unlucky with injuries, not to mention he’s walked into an absolute shit show of a dressing room. The likes of Maguire, Lindelof and Bailly will be out the door before Varane is, he’s the least of our worries at the minute.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
He’s had one season in the PL and has been very unlucky with injuries, not to mention he’s walked into an absolute shit show of a dressing room. The likes of Maguire, Lindelof and Bailly will be out the door before Varane is, he’s the least of our worries at the minute.
How does walking into a shit show affect his judgment of the ball?

phelans shorts

I would be AMAZED if Varane is the last man standing out of those.

Jibbs

That’s the thing. He is always injured and has lost his pace considerably. He is also not the front footed defender that he was during his heydays of 2014 to 2019. He can reasonably fetch around 40m and we should sell him. Bailly, Jones and Tuanzebe would leave anyways. Sign DeLigt, Timber and Torres or NDicka.
Use Varane in exchange deal with DeLigt.

ShinjiNinja26

How does walking into a shit show affect his judgment of the ball?
Where did I say it did? I was just stating one of the reasons he may not have settled and performed as well as he should have. If you would get rid of Varane before the likes of Maguire and co then fair enough but I’ve seen enough of them over the last few seasons and witnessed them make countless mistakes to know they’re clearly not up to standard and should be shown the door before Varane.

Smithy89

Not too keen on him, especially in comparison to the likes of Kounde. Does this also mean no Timber if we get Torres.

Decomposing In Paris

If he comes I’ll support him, and he’s been part of a defensive setup that’s been difficult to break down… that said I’m not excited by it. He could be a marvellous player in the right system I’m sure. I’ll back the manager.

Zoo

Must be a lot of doubts about Varane’s durability so guess it makes sense.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Quite a bit of smoke over Pau Torres at the moment. Have felt for weeks we’d sign him and Timber will play RB.

Like both Torres and Timber but I'd be surprised if we spent that much between those two positions this summer.

Andrew7582

I'd be very happy with this signing. Need a more solid source for this though.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
People will moan that he doesn't know anything but has called a few things right recently before anyone else so obviously is getting decent info.

SAF is the GOAT

It will be the perfect time and brilliant business to give them Bailly and reduce Pau's price

Dominos

People will moan that he doesn't know anything but has called a few things right recently before anyone else so obviously is getting decent info.

How would a random youtuber have these sorts of connections?

How would he be getting info that journalists who have been covering United for 20+ years don't have?

Berbaclass

How would he be getting info that journalists who have been covering United for 20+ years don't have?
He had info about Ronaldo being out the other day before any journalist.

McTerminator

Fake it till you make it.

he’s got clout now and probably enough to get him close to some real sources.

ti vu

If he comes I’ll support him, and he’s been part of a defensive setup that’s been difficult to break down… that said I’m not excited by it. He could be a marvellous player in the right system I’m sure. I’ll back the manager.
Same opinion to me. I hope ETH really has a say in it and did his homework. Not a club long time pursuit based on previous scattergun approach strategy.

AWB, Henderson, Bailly, Jones and Axel will all be sold.
Jones and Axel are not expected to contribute at all. Bailly as the main back up didn't play that much even when Lindelof Maguire Varane missing.

One CB signing would have been sufficient especially if it's Timber who can play that pseudo RB role. Signing both would ask for outright firmly benching Varane ane Lindelof. Spending 80+mil amount on 2 new CBs only to have them on the bench is hard to understand, when there are more concerning positions to fill with our limited budget.

Andrew7582

He's not a random youtuber, united stand is the most popular united fan channel on youtube, with hundreds of thousands of views on a lot of the videos. They were allowed to interview the likes of evra, saha, robson and others after the united legends game, so it's possible they've been given greater access recently.

Berbaclass

He's not a random youtuber, united stand is the most popular united fan channel on youtube, with hundreds of thousands of views on a lot of the videos. They were allowed to interview the likes of evra, saha, robson and others after the united legends game, so it's possible they've been given greater access recently.
People still refuse to accept Youtubers as legitimate sources of info. The guy literally has Fabrizio on his show. He absolutely has sources at the club which I'm now 100% certain of after being a little unsure of at first.

SER19

Tight budget and all, but surely torres and timber at about 75m, minus any money made from sales of several defenders (take your pick from tuanzebe, henderson, awb, williams, telles and jones), is within a tight budget's constraints. If not, then we're really going to be in the bargain basement this summer.

Andrew7582

People still refuse to accept Youtubers as legitimate sources of info. The guy literally has Fabrizio on his show. He absolutely has sources at the club which I'm now 100% certain of after being a little unsure of at first.
Agreed.

Berbaclass

Tight budget and all, but surely torres and timber at about 75m, minus any money made from sales of several defenders (take your pick from tuanzebe, henderson, awb, williams, telles and jones), is within a tight budget's constraints. If not, then we're really going to be in the bargain basement this summer.
Depends on who the other targets are and from what I've heard the two main priorities are a midfielder and striker, then a CB. Most of the budget will be spent on FDJ if it's possible.

SER19

Depends on who the other targets are and from what I've heard the two main priorities are a midfielder and striker, then a CB. Most of the budget will be spent on FDJ if it's possible.
I suppose. But we will be shifting a huge amount of salary this summer too. My concern is that de jong on his own isn't enough for midfield so we need 2 there. It makes my head hurt how many places we need to rebuild. Midfield, striker and cb as priorities we think, then realise we have about half a decent full back on either side.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Same opinion to me. I hope ETH really has a say in it and did his homework. Not a club long time pursuit based on previous scattergun approach strategy.

Jones and Axel are not expected to contribute at all. Bailly as the main back up didn't play that much even when Lindelof Maguire Varane missing.

One CB signing would have been sufficient especially if it's Timber who can play that pseudo RB role. Signing both would ask for outright firmly benching Varane ane Lindelof. Spending 80+mil amount on 2 new CBs only to have them on the bench is hard to understand, when there are more concerning positions to fill with our limited budget.
Go on then, what would be so awful about benching Lindelof? I quite like the lad, disgraceful display against Brighton aside, but he hardly screams "first choice CB for a title winning side" does he? For me he's a very good 3rd/4th choice CB option. That's it. If we can bench him because we have 2 or 3 better players please do.

LordSpud

Absolutely he has sources nowadays. But I'm pretty sure said source(s) has only just started the connection though - hes more sure of his self.

Rake

How is Torres a second option to Timber? One plays on the left side, while the other on the right. Are we swapping Varane around depending on who we sign? Maguire too meanders on the left.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.

He literally just came out with ronaldo news before even the athletic.

Berbaclass

That can be explained by a player leak from the dressing room. Not boardroom level information regarding transfer plans.
He has connections mate. Whether you choose to believe that is up to you but I'm fairly certain of it.

Dominos

Fair enough. I just find it hard to believe a guy starts a fan channel on youtube, and a few years later he's somehow more well connected at boardroom level than professional journalists who have been following United for 15 years employed by the Times, Guardian etc.

Certainly not impossible he's got connections. At dressing room level it's certainly plausible as we know our players love leaking info to anyone and everyone. Intimate detail of a new manager's transfer plans feels like a stretch, no idea what we're doing leaking transfer plans to fan channels.

ti vu

Go on then, what would be so awful about benching Lindelof? I quite like the lad, disgraceful display against Brighton aside, but he hardly screams "first choice CB for a title winning side" does he? For me he's a very good 3rd/4th choice CB option. That's it. If we can bench him because we have 2 or 3 better players please do.
The thing is signing both Timber and Pau Torres in one same window would mean Lindelof being in 5th in the pecking order, which beside some extreme condition, would see little game time. A fifth CB on 100k+ per week is Man City level of excessiveness. We're talking about about squad management and budget management here.

Just as we saw the consequences that a bloated squad filled with non clear cut better players caused this season; unless we are riding Lindelof along with the listed players too this summer, it's hard to see "the improved recruitment plan" heading this way.

Yes, IMO I don't see Pau Torres or Timber as a clear cut upgrade. Prefer Timber for the tactical tweak he brings. Signing both doesn't make financially and squad building sense for me.

Widow

The thing is signing both Timber and Pau Torres in one same window would mean Lindelof being in 5th in the pecking order, which beside some extreme condition, would see little game time. A fifth CB on 100k+ per week is Man City level of excessiveness. We're talking about about squad management and budget management here.

Just as we saw the consequences that a bloated squad filled with non clear cut better players caused this season; unless we are riding Lindelof along with the listed players too this summer, it's hard to see "the improved recruitment plan" heading this way.

Yes, IMO I don't see Pau Torres or Timber as a clear cut upgrade. Prefer Timber for the tactical tweak he brings. Signing both doesn't make financially and squad building sense for me.
EtH has already stated that he believes Tmber to be a great DCM and that's where is future could be. He can also play the RB role well. Maybe EtH has a plan.

Jibbs

We should. Get rid of Bailly, AWB, Tuanzebe, Jones, and Varane. Probably Maguire too if somebody coughs up 40,50 millions. Get Timber, DeLigt and Torres or Ndicka.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably

No it wouldn't. The way Maguire and Varane have played this season I see absolutely no reason why Lindelof couldn't be 3rd or 4th choice. Also tbf I really think Timber would end up playing RB given the shiteness of our options there.

arthurka

Schlotterbeck is a better defender than this guy but we didn't even try for him but we are ready to pay Villarreal 50m for this guy.. Never change Utd.

L1nk

Schlotterbeck is a better defender than this guy but we didn't even try for him but we are ready to pay Villarreal 50m for this guy.. Never change Utd.
Schlotterbeck didn't want to leave Germany, he said that himself, so unless we move the club to Germany why waste our time