Pau Torres

ti vu

No it wouldn't. The way Maguire and Varane have played this season I see absolutely no reason why Lindelof couldn't be 3rd or 4th choice. Also tbf I really think Timber would end up playing RB given the shiteness of our options there.
I understand where you come from regarding MaGuire and Varane this season. However, if these two are here to stay, they're given a cleanplate on their raw attribute over Lindelof. And if ETH fulfill his coaching promise, then these two might be performing better than Lindelof.

Then the 2 new signings come into equation then Lindelof would likely end up 5th choice.

Yes. I am well aware that Timber maybe used as RB. However, unless he's outright bough with vision and expectation to become our first choice RB, you would still want to leave room to fall back on. Kinda like if he fails to be a first choice RB, he would have to be used else where for the fee we pay, which CB is the more likely because he is being used there at Ajax.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I just had quick checked that ETH’s used 352 and 442 diamond when he was at FC Utrecht. Most of the matches I clicked on google, he used 352. There were some matches he used 442 diamond. May be he wants both timber and torres.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
No it wouldn't. The way Maguire and Varane have played this season I see absolutely no reason why Lindelof couldn't be 3rd or 4th choice. Also tbf I really think Timber would end up playing RB given the shiteness of our options there.
Lindelof should be booted out. Sooner the better

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I just had quick checked that ETH’s used 352 and 442 diamond when he was at FC Utrecht. Most of the matches I clicked on google, he used 352. There were some matches he used 442 diamond. May be he wants both timber and torres.
In your opinion, where do you see Sancho playing in a 352?

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
EtH has already stated that he believes Tmber to be a great DCM and that's where is future could be. He can also play the RB role well. Maybe EtH has a plan.
Did he really say so?

Interesting if true, as he is still young and may still be possible to mould to another position if he fits. But if he never played DM before, I doubt it would be wise to experiment him here.

Bestietom

We had a chance to buy Torres last summer and decided to go for Varane instead.
I really don't know what's going on as Ten Hag likes Timber also.
I want to see two TOP midfielders coming in this summer and a CF. I know we need to strengthen in most areas but these are the areas that we need firstly. Goal difference of Zero this season shows us this.

Last edited:

marktan

We had a chance to buy Torres last summer and decided to go for Varane instead.
I really don't know what's going on as Ten Hag likes Timber also.
I want to see two TOP midfielders coming in this summer and a CF. I know we need to strengthen in most areas but these are the areas that we need firstly. Goal difference of Zero this season shows us this.
Agreed. I'd add a RW in there too. All the CB links has me worried, but sadly not surprised.

arthurka

Schlotterbeck didn't want to leave Germany, he said that himself, so unless we move the club to Germany why waste our time
Ahh ok so the price of 50m is because he want´s to leave Spain not because he is supposed to be a good defender?
I think we are buying Lindelöf 2.0 in Torres but who knows.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
The prat Mark Ogden thinks we are going for Torres instead of Timber. He also said a lot of shocking stuff in the latest United stand interview.

Rocknrolla69er

So what exactly is Lindelof about Torres?

I don't get it, it's a very lazy comparison, when I've seen Torres he looks alot more physical than Lindelof in his stature and the way he plays. Does not get shrugged off the ball at all.......

izec

If we get in Torres and Timber, get rid of Jones, Bailly and Tuanzebe asap. Lindelöf will be way down the pecking order, but i would keep him around, as Varane is a sicknote.

Dominos

So what exactly is Lindelof about Torres?

I don't get it, it's a very lazy comparison, when I've seen Torres he looks alot more physical than Lindelof in his stature and the way he plays. Does not get shrugged off the ball at all.......
It's that he's fairly passive and not very aggressive, so the stats suggest - doesn't compete for many duels or make a lot of tackles etc. He's also middle of the road when it comes to winning aerial duels which used to be said to be a weakness of lindelof.

The plus side is he's left footed and very good on the ball. He has the height to develop into a more aerially dominant CB, is quite quick and doesn't get dribbled past very often which is good when looking for someone who can defend 1v1.

JeffFromHK

we already have lindelof and varane being "passive" CB. do we need another passive CB?

or shall we go for a maguire-esque aggressive CB to upgrade on Maguire instead?

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
After conceding 4 vs Watford and Leicester we should be absolutely after Timber & Torres. Also build up from defense should be faster and overall more functional under pressure.

We'll be linked with tons of defenders this summer, but so far there's some movement seen and it's a positive thing.

Dominos

The prat Mark Ogden thinks we are going for Torres instead of Timber. He also said a lot of shocking stuff in the latest United stand interview.
Did he? He said since Woodward left then it's a lot quieter, basically conceding he's not getting the inside info anymore.

It seemed like to me he was giving his personal opinion that raiding the Dutch league is a bad idea because the step up is too much, and Torres would probably adapt better. That's just a guy giving his opinion whether right or wrong, I don't think he ever claimed we're not trying to sign Timber.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
Did he? He said since Woodward left then it's a lot quieter, basically conceding he's not getting the inside info anymore.

It seemed like to me he was giving his personal opinion that raiding the Dutch league is a bad idea because the step up is too much, and Torres would probably adapt better. That's just a guy giving his opinion whether right or wrong, I don't think he ever claimed we're not trying to sign Timber.
I just rushed trough the interview, but Beth said it in the end. Dont really care that much who we go for of those 2, but some of the other stuff he said didnt really make sense at all and he contradicted himself many times.

Utuhu

Josko Gvardiol of Leipzig is more suited to the English League and quite cheaper than this guy. Josko is also press resistant and more aggressive in tackling.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Josko Gvardiol of Leipzig is more suited to the English League and quite cheaper than this guy. Josko is also press resistant and more aggressive in tackling.
Chelsea….

Coops73

He knows feck all, he said he wouldn’t buy Timber because he’s young and small, seriously, this guy knows about as much as me about football, the only thing I took from the short bit I watched was that he said there was very little coming out of United in terms of transfer talk which can only be a good thing in my opinion.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Always like his ball playing ability when I first time watched him. Top class ball playing and the stats also shows his ball progression is comparable to City and Liverpool centre backs. Defensively, I will judge him more when I watch him plays in PL and more games.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I just heard his interview on the US. It was painful to follow. The guy is so easy to hate. Even Beth was struggling to keep her composure with him

Red_toad

People will moan that he doesn't know anything but has called a few things right recently before anyone else so obviously is getting decent info.

He makes videos every single day about numerous players. Obviously you throw enough shit and some of it will stick somewhere. He’s rehashing others stories, it’s not his ‘insider’, who’s feeding him. Feck knows how anyone can watch the nauseating whining little cnut.

devilish

He makes videos every single day about numerous players. Obviously you throw enough shit and some of it will stick somewhere. He’s rehashing others stories, it’s not his ‘insider’, who’s feeding him. Feck knows how anyone can watch the nauseating whining little cnut.
Still he is better then the fat guy who is stuck deep into Rio's arse

devilish

I have a feeling we just might sign them both, timber as RB while Torres as CB. ETH played a converted CB as LB (Blind)