Paul Ince could have done it...

Gasolin

It's not copying . Its football you are not going to copy exactly another's team style but you are obviously going to look at other successful teams see what works for them and try and emulate certain things .

I don't see why people are being defensive about it we clearly want to play a much more similar style of liverpool's than City's style .

It doesn't mean Liverpool invented what they do either but they have been successful doing it since Klopp came in so what's the problem?
It’s called the Manchester United style or 2008 with SAF. Thanks. No Liverpool, no nonsense...

Grande

If it’s one thing that is clear with Paul Ince, it is that all his comments about United since 1995 has had ‘spurned lover’ written all over them. (Or ‘spurned gov’ner’?)

A piss ant will sometimes piss at the same time as I do, but while that doesn’t make me a piss ant (really, I’m not), neither does it make him not a piss ant.

I think it grates Ince, whom I thought was our best outfield player in 1993/94, that Solskjær came a year after he left, and has always been everything Ince wasn’t, and was hailed as a club legend, winning the CL, while Ince was at largely ignored as his carreer dragged on. Solskjær is still the opposite of Ince in so many ways, and that’s way it seems he has even a bigger issue with Solskjær than with other United managers.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Not sure I disagree with him too much on Pogba although I appreciate he’s spoken tonnes over other shite over the years.

Champagne Football

He's Paul Parker 2. Spouts endless drivel. He was Ole's fiercest critic until recently, ridiculing Ole at every chance.

He sounds like a nervous wreck when he talks. A very insecure man who craves the attention.

buckooo1978

you take what he says with a shovel of salt

he's keeping himself relevant with outlandish nonsense that serves as clickbait

padzilla

Hipster
I'm yet to be convinced that Ole's the right man for the job but I take anything Paul Ince says with a lorry load of salt.

lsd

The Oracle
He does? Doesn't come across on the BBC daily podcast I listen to - mostly what comes across is how much of a plonker he is.

I think Steven Gerrard likes Utd more than Paul Ince .

Iv heard Wright a few times and he is generally ok about Utd and tells it as it is plus i have heard him say he has MUTV to watch youth matches which he would hardly do if he hates us

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Not sure I disagree with him too much on Pogba although I appreciate he’s spoken tonnes over other shite over the years.
Should I be worried that I agree with Paul Ince regarding Pogba too? General rule of thumb is to disagree with Ince.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Ince is clearly VERY jealous that he didn't get the United job :lol:

Chipper

Adulterer.
Is there a chance Ince is reflecting on his own 'Big time Charlie' attitude and sees some of that in Pogba? No mention of that in this piece but I'm sure he's touched on that in the past when talking about a current player. Can't remember who it was, might have been Pogba again, possibly Lingard.

I remember a lot of the comments from such a previous article were along the lines of calling him a hypocrite or asking him who he is to say such things when his own attitude was questioned in the past. Another way to look at it is that he'd been there and done it, was speaking from experience so knew what he was on about. It seemed a bit like he had some regrets and potentially some good advice to give in that one, might try and find the article later.

Edit: Now he's not exactly the deepest, most thoughtful pundit at other times but then he's not that prominent either so he's easy enough to avoid/ignore.

Last edited:

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Should I be worried that I agree with Paul Ince regarding Pogba too? General rule of thumb is to disagree with Ince.
He constantly spouts shite, on what basis is he suddenly right about Pogba?

If you guys don't like Pogba, you don't like Pogba, that doesn't make what Ince says true, any more than any of the other drivel he spouts.

jackal&hyde

If it’s one thing that is clear with Paul Ince, it is that all his comments about United since 1995 has had ‘spurned lover’ written all over them. (Or ‘spurned gov’ner’?)

A piss ant will sometimes piss at the same time as I do, but while that doesn’t make me a piss ant (really, I’m not), neither does it make him not a piss ant.

I think it grates Ince, whom I thought was our best outfield player in 1993/94, that Solskjær came a year after he left, and has always been everything Ince wasn’t, and was hailed as a club legend, winning the CL, while Ince was at largely ignored as his carreer dragged on. Solskjær is still the opposite of Ince in so many ways, and that’s way it seems he has even a bigger issue with Solskjær than with other United managers.
Yes. Situations like this show me how important it is to forget, forgive and just move on from whatever was in the past or you risk sounding like a complete nutcase.

jackal&hyde

Well, if you agree with someone known for talking rubbish then that's not a very good sign :wenger::lol:

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Ince is clearly VERY jealous that he didn't get the United job :lol:
6 years, 200 plus appearances, multiple trophies including 2 PL titles. You would think he'd look back fondly on the club. He probably resents the club because we sold him when he was 28 to make room for young talent who overshadowed the United team he was part of. I thought Robbie Savage was also bitter but he's toned it down and we've been shite for a few years anyway.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Huh? Wrighty always talks highly of united generally. He's one of the few rival legends who actually talks vaguely respectfully about us.
I'll have to pay more attention when they talk about Utd (but I feel they don't talk about Utd that much currently anyway), but in any case my initial comment was about how bad a pundit he is.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I think Steven Gerrard likes Utd more than Paul Ince .

Iv heard Wright a few times and he is generally ok about Utd and tells it as it is plus i have heard him say he has MUTV to watch youth matches which he would hardly do if he hates us
The passing of years cool most footballers' jets a bit I think.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
6 years, 200 plus appearances, multiple trophies including 2 PL titles. You would think he'd look back fondly on the club. He probably resents the club because we sold him when he was 28 to make room for young talent who overshadowed the United team he was part of. I thought Robbie Savage was also bitter but he's toned it down and we've been shite for a few years anyway.
Hughes for me is always the gold standard of "you can't believe they were such a big player for us from the way they conduct themselves".

I don't think I've ever heard him say anything positive, and he's always hell bent on sticking one to us.

Ince is quite high up there though. He's forever tainted for that ludicrous celebration when he thought he'd stopped us winning the league.

Savage I don't think I've ever read anything bitter about us. He's consistently said how he wasn't good enough for us, and there's a quality standard.
Pointing out we're miles behind teams when we are isn't bitterness.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Well, if you agree with someone known for talking rubbish then that's not a very good sign :wenger::lol:
I know! :nervous:

To be fair I only read the tweets, and I agreed with the fact he could have become a great player for us (I'm basing this on the fact I've resigned myself to his eventual transfer from here).

@Sassy Colin see above.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The weird thing is he seems to talk back about his time here fondly, he still loves Fergie and speaks highly of him - it's just anything Solskjaer or current United related he seems very bitter.

I feel like he thinks Ole didn't deserve the job and he was more qualified, and that Ole has stolen it from him.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
He constantly spouts shite, on what basis is he suddenly right about Pogba?

If you guys don't like Pogba, you don't like Pogba, that doesn't make what Ince says true, any more than any of the other drivel he spouts.
So because he talks constant shite about other stuff him making the perfectly sensible point that United need to decide Pogba’s future ASAP is wrong?

Pav1878

Watched our treble winning season earlier. I recorded off Sky months ago and just got round to watching it. His celebration after scoring against us at Anfield just gives me a timely reminder why I hate him so much.
This. This. This!

I posted about him in another thread and how these so called delusional 'legends' forfeit that status when they run their mouth against the club and even go and play for rival clubs. Ince, schmeichel, Cole all not legends in my book.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
This. This. This!

I posted about him in another thread and how these so called delusional 'legends' forfeit that status when they run their mouth against the club and even go and play for rival clubs. Ince, schmeichel, Cole all not legends in my book.
To be fair to Cole, wasn't City the only English club that offered him a contract? In that situation I don't blame them as long as they don't run their mouth.

This. This. This!

ridiculous quote about Cole and Schmeichal - both at the end of the careers, and city were very average at the time.

I’m sure there’s a statue outside of OT with someone who played for City - is he not a legend either?

Ince is a tit. I wouldn’t begrudge him playing for Liverpool if he acted in the right way. He was an excellent player at Utd, but never world class and we were ultimately a far better team without the self appointed gvnor.

Pav1878

ridiculous quote about Cole and Schmeichal - both at the end of the careers, and city were very average at the time.

I’m sure there’s a statue outside of OT with someone who played for City - is he not a legend either?

Ince is a tit. I wouldn’t begrudge him playing for Liverpool if he acted in the right way. He was an excellent player at Utd, but never world class and we were ultimately a far better team without the self appointed gvnor.
By your logic, if Ronaldo signed for Liverpool now would you begrudge him the move? Do me a favour.

Whether a rival is at the top or not shouldn't matter. They don't stop being a rival just because they aren't doing well.

I'm pretty sure Cole and schmeichel could have gone to at least one other option, they were treble winners for god's sake. Would Gerrard sign for United in the twilight of his career given the opportunity? I don't think so.

By your logic, if Ronaldo signed for Liverpool now would you begrudge him the move? Do me a favour.

Whether a rival is at the top or not shouldn't matter. They don't stop being a rival just because they aren't doing well.

I'm pretty sure Cole and schmeichel could have gone to at least one other option, they were treble winners for god's sake. Would Gerrard sign for United in the twilight of his career given the opportunity? I don't think so.
so you have ignored Denis Law then?

what about Sir Matt Busby?

get a grip man. Incredibly childish attitude.