Paul Pogba is the best midfielder in the world

Needham

I have personally watched every single game Pogba has played at OT since we signed him; every minute. He is a hype job, pure and simple. Sure, he has certain abilities, but he will never be the player we need him to be in order to become a major force again.

Forum members on here try to give him all the excuses under the sun "He needs this, he needs that". Currently this lad is stealing a living, and is a lazy player who believes his own hype.
We should sell his stock now, and buy players as replacements who actually want to work hard, and have the ambition that our club affords them!
Agreed. He's capable of some kind of sporadically brilliant secondary role.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Attitude problem, you can see when a player gives his all and it just doesn’t work for him, while with Pogba when he plays bad it looks like he isn’t even trying.

Wasted potential really, he has the talent and physicallity like no other player in his position, but he lacks the mental part. That’s the difference between the good and the great players.
Agreed. I think his blasé approach would suit other leagues, but I don't think he's got the right desire and fight for the PL anymore. I thought he'd be great here but he makes so little of his god given talents, he should be unplayable in midfield. He just doesn't have that fight in him that pushes him on the pitch. Like too many of our players he looks like he doesn't care if we lose a game or some midfielder half his size and talent just bosses him all game. It should annoy him that they even try and make him want to drive the feckers into the ground and regret they ever faced him.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
This title aged like milk on the porch on a warm afternoon. Wish it was the opposite. I still maintain that he has the talent to be this, but it's more than pure talent in midfield.

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
The one pass was out of this world. All in all, I thought Eriksen had the better game. He is pretty much a highlight player taking up the spot of a midfielder, like Coutinho used to do at Liverpool. Coutinho also produced lots of goals, assists and magical moments, but Liverpool often failed to control the midfield with him in their side.
There are just some players who are more consistent. Not even with the amount of good games, but with the consistency during a single match. Even if Pogba has like 1 Goal 1 assist in a match, he loses the ball many times and takes the wrong decision. The likes of Eriksen, Veratti etc are more consistent and when they are on song, they are usually excellent during the whole match and not only just long enough to get into the the highlight reel.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Agreed. I think his blasé approach would suit other leagues, but I don't think he's got the right desire and fight for the PL anymore. I thought he'd be great here but he makes so little of his god given talents, he should be unplayable in midfield. He just doesn't have that fight in him that pushes him on the pitch. Like too many of our players he looks like he doesn't care if we lose a game or some midfielder half his size and talent just bosses him all game. It should annoy him that they even try and make him want to drive the feckers into the ground and regret they ever faced him.
It may be that, or it may be that he is continuing with downing tools from earlier and aiming for a move. I mean, it is a shit case whatever way we look at it because all we want is for Pogba to be at his best with us, consistently. If he can't do that because of his own lack of fight then we lose together, and if he doesn't care because he wants to move away he can feck right off but it still sucks for us because then he'll likely release of that shit and start his peak for another team. It just sucks and I'm not quite sure where to stand with him, which is fecking sad because we all just wish he could be our hero and the face of the club. Is it.. If he can't do that, or if he won't do that? I'm leaning towards believing that he can if he truly wants, and that he probably just doesn't want to be here. I'm also hesitant to say feck him, so... Lets see how this plays out. Should be given another season anyways unless Real pays up big and Pogba admits he wants to leave.

Dr Fink

I've come to conclusion he's not a good fit for the PL. It's too intense for him. Truly world class players keep at it for a lot of the game. Tuesday's debacle was crying out for him to take control by the scruff of the neck. He did not deliver. He needs another more industrious player near him - to replace Matic. They are hard to come by.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
He's not even the best midfielder in Manchester.

I tried to resist honestly but I failed.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Few poor games, the usual suspects are back :lol:

dogwithabone

Few poor games, the usual suspects are back :lol:

I think people could stomach the 'few poor games' as you put it. The wider issue is the high number of distinctly average games he has and the infrequent amount of games he has where he bosses the entire game.

He isn't world class in my opinion. A proper world class footballer performs to an extremely high level on a consistent basis. Say what you like but that isn't Pogba in a million years.

Canagel

Still the best in his position. Best season of his career so far and since the comeback.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I think people could stomach the 'few poor games' as you put it. The wider issue is the high number of distinctly average games he has and the infrequent amount of games he has where he bosses the entire game.

He isn't world class in my opinion. A proper world class footballer performs to an extremely high level on a consistent basis. Say what you like but that isn't Pogba in a million years.
What i'd say is that generally if you see a world class player have a poor game you are surprised and disappointed - with somebody like Pogba who is inconsistent I don't get that feeling. That's the issue.

dogwithabone

Put him in the best team and he’ll be the best midfielder around. Put him in our team, well...

That's a cop out, a week argument. Stick McTominay in the City side and they will still be about where they are now. Take Gerrard in his absolute pomp, Liverpool were generally pretty crap then but he was delivering 9 out of 10 performances virtually week in week out. Same with Bale at Spurs, they weren't pulling up trees as a team but Bale was winning games on his own.

If Pogba is so good then he should be pulling us up by the bollocks every week and performing to that same level.

Judas

Open to offers
Rarely plays bad when everyone else is good though. His bad games generally come when everyone looks terrible. Im sure its not a coincidence.

Still infuriating to see a player who can win us games and be so influential have performances where he just looks tumescent.

poleglass red

Rarely plays bad when everyone else is good though. His bad games generally come when everyone looks terrible. Im sure its not a coincidence.

Still infuriating to see a player who can win us games and be so influential have performances where he just looks tumescent.
Pretty much the definition of a luxury player. Unfortunately for us that seems to be what is happening. The problem for us is he is our main guy. He's told to go out and do this thing, don't worry about tracking back etc. He doesn't get that freedom with France, his role is more withdrawn. I think that suits him in a way, when he keeps it simple he plays more consistent without maybe seeing that flamboyant side to his game. With Juve to, they were a dominant team with big characters like Buffon, Bonucci, Tevez, Evra, Vidal, Marchisio and Pirlo. These guys were top drawer. Pogba has an off day these guys take over. We don't have players with that type of personality or ability esp in midfield. You could see anyone of them giving him a major bollicking if he strolls around looking uninterested or isn't playing well. No-one in our team will do that consistently. Even the France team, with the likes of Mbappe and Griezmann, Pogba wasn't far and away the main star on that team. Even players like Varane and Umitti, big club players. I think he's maybe got too big for his boots with us, needs taking down a peg or two and hopefully we can address that as he's still an asset.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
He's so talented, what a waste of talent.

Happy to get rid at this stage. Not worth the hassle because when he isn't feeling it, we suffer.

Let's see how highly his beloved Zidane and Real Madrid value him though :wenger:. Derisory offers circa £80m won't surprise me.

Macern

Pee pee pants
Has a few poor games and people be like:
Sell him ASAP!!

Then he’s world class two games in a row and people be like:
Bestest midfielder in the woorld! Give him a 10 year contract and build the entire club around him!

purgethefallen

Still the best in his position. Best season of his career so far and since the comeback.
Best season? More like best handful of games surrounded by games with a lack of desire, lack of quality, lack of heart, lack of leadership and being totally invisible. It's laughable to call him world class.

Reddy Rederson

Has a few poor games and people be like:
Sell him ASAP!!

Then he’s world class two games in a row and people be like:
Bestest midfielder in the woorld! Give him a 10 year contract and build the entire club around him!
And that keeps happening, so that would suggest that whats said about him is true. Hes inconsistent. He only plays when he wants to. As the saying goes hard work beats talent when talent doesnt work hard. We saw that the other night where McT was the one having the worldly and pogba was floating around the pitch chasing butterflies or whatever it was he was doing. How can we ever kick on if we continue to be fine with players that are world class only when they can be bothered?

Hammondo

Hes not close to the best midfielder. Not even the best in Manchester.

Vooon

Hal Institute for Criminally Insane Robots
Anyone who saw all his matches at Juventus? Did he suffer from these Rooney-eque lapses in form down there as well?

At his best he's a beast few, if any, can match. I don't understand his recent dip, but he's not the only one who looks laclustre at the moment.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
He has the talent to be the best midfielder in the world, however he's missing the drive to be that person. He's still great, but he goes missing way too often to be considered the best...

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers

His problem isn't his football skills. It is the space between his ears and the size of his heart I am afraid.
You can coach football but you cannot coach desire.
You either have a desire that burns to be the best or you are like Pogba.

Hammondo

His problem isn't his football skills. It is the space between his ears and the size of his heart I am afraid.
You can coach football but you cannot coach desire.
You either have a desire that burns to be the best or you are like Pogba.
This.

Jib

It would be fun too see him shine in CL and Liga with Real Madrid while we will be still fighting for a top 4 spot.

And maybe the fools will open their eyes and see that he shone in Italy, World Cup ( soon the Euro ) and Spain... he wasn't the problem..we were shite with Moyes and LVG too...

Oh by the way he was our main man only for 1 month and half in almost 3 years here and during this 1 month and half, he played like one of the best player in the world...after that we had an injury crisis, the system, the tactic and the players changed...

And that keeps happening, so that would suggest that whats said about him is true. Hes inconsistent. He only plays when he wants to. As the saying goes hard work beats talent when talent doesnt work hard. We saw that the other night where McT was the one having the worldly and pogba was floating around the pitch chasing butterflies or whatever it was he was doing. How can we ever kick on if we continue to be fine with players that are world class only when they can be bothered?
Scott McTominay 22, won nothing in his career and 7 caps with a very weak NT.

Paul Pogba 26, 4 Serie A title, 2 Italian Cup, 3 Italian Super Cup, 1 Europa League, 1 English League Cup, 1 World Cup, ten times more caps with the best NT in the world.... 4 or 5 times in the Ballon d'Or short-list, FIFA and UEFA team of the year 1 time, CL and Euro runners-up... and if he didn't wasted 3 years here, it would be even more impressive.

Hard work beats talent but Pogba has both while McTominay has none :lol:

Last edited:

Reddy Rederson

It would be fun too see him shine in CL and Liga with Real Madrid while we will be still fighting for a top 4 spot.

And maybe the fools will open their eyes and see that he shone in Italy, World Cup ( soon the Euro ) and Spain... he wasn't the problem..we were shite with Moyes and LVG too...

Oh by the way he was our main man only for 1 month and half in almost 3 years here and during this 1 month and half, he played like one of the best player in the world...after that we had an injury crisis, the system, the tactic and the players changed...

Scott McTominay 22, won nothing in his career and 7 caps with a very weak NT.

Paul Pogba 26, 4 Serie A title, 2 Italian Cup, 3 Italian Super Cup, 1 Europa League, 1 English League Cup, 1 World Cup, ten times more caps with the best NT in the world.... 4 or 5 times in the Ballon d'Or short-list, FIFA and UEFA team of the year 1 time, CL and Euro runners-up... and if he didn't wasted 3 years here, it would be even more impressive.

Hard work beats talent but Pogba has both while McTominay has none :lol:
Wow, dude. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone miss the point that hard before. Congrats. Oh and if Pogba was putting in the effort no one would be saying anything.

fezzerUTD

I have personally watched every single game Pogba has played at OT since we signed him; every minute. He is a hype job, pure and simple. Sure, he has certain abilities, but he will never be the player we need him to be in order to become a major force again.

Forum members on here try to give him all the excuses under the sun "He needs this, he needs that". Currently this lad is stealing a living, and is a lazy player who believes his own hype.

We should sell his stock now, and buy players as replacements who actually want to work hard, and have the ambition that our club affords them!
this.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
This title aged like milk on the porch on a warm afternoon. Wish it was the opposite. I still maintain that he has the talent to be this, but it's more than pure talent in midfield.
Of all the analogies you had to go with the gross one!

Threads which make big declarations like this are guaranteed to backfire, 100%. Blame the OP entirely for Pogba's recent shaky form.