Paul Pogba - Juventus player

meamth

I wonder what was Raiola saying to the club directors when he saw that contract.

Probably from our side, they listed the injuries, missed appearances, low KPIs, and low stats to Raiola and thought that's the best they can offer with that kind of track record.

Another problem of super agent is they always after money, not the player's best interest and that's a shame for modern football.

glasgow 21

Just for anyone reminiscing about Pogba. Hears a few quotes from the summer

On the Pogmentary he said: “My thought process is to show Manchester (United) that they made a mistake in waiting to give me a contract and to show other clubs that Manchester had made a mistake in not offering me a contract.”
United made Pogba at least two offers worth more than the existing £290,000-a-week deal that had already made him one of the best-paid players in the Premier League.
Pogba response to his late agent Mino Raiola’s revelation of their second offer last July by saying the club had offered him “nothing”.
“How can you tell a player you absolutely want him and offer him nothing?” Pogba says. “Never seen that.”

This guy was a walking representation of the failures of the club over the last decade. We dodged a major bullet. Hard to be certain, but was Pogba's injury not on international duty, thus French insurance will paying the bills at Juventus ?

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
It seems like he was very well liked by other players at United. It is hard to believe he's making things up when he's here.

The bad apple in work environment is rarely liked by others.

El Jefe

The activity in this thread is quite something. The club has moved on but some of you are clearly obsessed with Pogba.

If he was playing shite at Juve that would at least make sense. The hate that some of you have for Pogba is unhealthy.

Last edited:

Valencia Shin Crosses

The activity in this thread is quite something. The club has moved on but some of you are clearly obsessed with Pogba.

If he was playing shite at Juve that would at least make sense. The haye that some of you have for Pogba is unhealthy.
It's always been bizarre and I've never understood it. He never said a bad word about the club, quite frankly the worst thing he did is have an asshole agent. Sure he didn't pan out, but he also wasn't complete crap as in reality he was inconsistent with some genuine top class spells of form intermittently within a garbage structure around him. But in spite of all this, people genuinely hate him more than many other worse players I've seen come through over the years.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
:lol: :lol:
The lengths some people go to defend their dear Pogba. The agent talks because his client is allowing it.
To some extent. They don't sit down and work out every little thing that is going to be said.

Raiola was his own man and said what he wanted. There were at least two times that he said something that Pogba obviously wasn't happy with, as Raiola came out the very next day and kind of took it back. Not an outright apology of course (Raiola wouldn't do that), but it was obvious both times he'd been told to pull his head in.

The fact Pogba remained with him ultimately means it does come back on him, but I do think some people overstate things when thinking he was behind every little thing Raiola said.

sepulturite

Thread went from doubting he was injured “he’s faking it”. To now “he def injured himself skiing, he’s lying”

Unhinged behaviour.
The only unhinging behaviour is your constant defence of Pogba. Are you his brother or something?

Teja

The epitome of Woodward's Disneyland era.

So many memories. Pogback, Pogboom, Pogjog
Let's be honest, we were all buzzing when they did that music video to announce Pogba. That was peak Woodward. All downhill from there.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
:lol: :lol:
The lengths some people go to defend their dear Pogba. The agent talks because his client is allowing it.
Genuine question. When was the last time he was consistently good? He is clearly the second coming of Balotelli because other than the odd performance for France I just never saw the player his fans did. For United that performance against City under Mourinho was amazing, he clearly has/had the talent, just seemed like football came second to him.

clarkydaz

Genuine question. When was the last time he was consistently good? He is clearly the second coming of Balotelli because other than the odd performance for France I just never saw the player his fans did. For United that performance against City under Mourinho was amazing, he clearly has/had the talent, just seemed like football came second to him.
Yes he scored 2 in the 2nd half, but they pulverised us that match

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
Says it all that even Real Madrid didn’t want to sign him on a free transfer when he left us. They knew he was a liability and brought too much drama to the dressing room and the risk was not worth the reward.

Sir Erik ten Hag

Says it all that even Real Madrid didn’t want to sign him on a free transfer when he left us. They knew he was a liability and brought too much drama to the dressing room and the risk was not worth the reward.
They are the current king of European football, not a retirement house.

flameinthesun

Great player, unlucky with injuries, seems well liked amongst his peer group. Didn't work out at united, I would be happy for him to succeed at Juve, if he does it has no bearing on us as we and Pogba are on two completely different paths. If anything it would be fun to play Juve in europe next season.

There definitely seems to be some sort of resentment by a portion of the fans, similar to wanting to see an ex-partner fail. For me i'm having too much fun under EtH to worry about whether Pogba succeeds or fails, I just hope he has an enjoyable career in Italy as he personally seems like a decent dude.

TheReligion

Abusive
I feel for Paul. Putting everything to one side he grew up at United and clearly cared about the club. Unfortunately it seems clear that he’s not always had the best influences off the pitch and has been steered off course at key times in his career.

Talented player who has all the tools to be one of the best ever in my opinion.

Cloud7

I feel for Paul. Putting everything to one side he grew up at United and clearly cared about the club. Unfortunately it seems clear that he’s not always had the best influences off the pitch and has been steered off course at key times in his career.

His long range passing is among the best I have ever seen from any player. When he's on his game the weight of his passes and the flight he puts on the ball are absolutely perfect. Added to that he has quite good vision in seeing those spaces and passes as well. It is a shame how his body has let him down.

Elcabron

Supremely talented footballer. I think with Pogba however, at least in terms of mentality - he is only as good as those around him. Never the type of player who is going to drag a team to a higher level like what we are seeing now with Casemiro for example but in previous Juventus and French teams, he looked the best or if not one of the best of them.

Similarly off the pitch, United were a bit of a circus the last 10 years and Pogba was one of the best acts in that circus. Had he joined us when we were more of a serious club then we probably would have seen a more serious Pogba.

That said, I have repeated on here many times that he would never have made it into a Klopp or Pep team, his style is just too slow and languid and I never saw him show any sort of intensity that you need to play for Klopp or Pep.

I'll finish by saying that I was far from his biggest fan when he was here but I wish him all the best, especially after all that shit with his brother. It would be a shame if he doesn't make the best use of his genuinely amazing talent in the short career he has left. He does actually also seem like a nice lad behind all the nonsense.

Pintu

Pogba is the epitome of a luxury player. Carried by his French colleagues and the old Juve team.

It works both ways… With France he made Kanté, Matuidi and Griezmann perform better and of course they compensated his flaws perfectly. With Juventus, he also contributed to making their midfield (Pirlo, Marchisio and Vidal) work better…. It’s a shame that during his best years (from 2017 to 2020) we never found a formula and never had similar quality midfielders to play alongside him consistently… In spite of being a lot richer than 2015-Juventus we had to partner him with MCFred… We all know they are in no way comparable to those France/Juventus midfielders… It would have been another story if we had Casemiro to play alongside him in 2017…

Glorio

I’m not offended - just amused at deranged behaviour.
I do feel for Pogba, and it's bad form for people to celebrate him being injured. I remember the joy in his play when he came back from a long injury to finally play with Bruno in the team, I also remember how excited we all were when he returned, as we dreamt of what the future could hold. For clusters of games where he was on it, he was unbelievable.

For a while though, I haven't rated him, and I was extremely relieved when he left, as while he was an immensely skillful individual, I'd gotten to the point where I didn't feel he was a good, reliable, football player for our club at all.

This was due to the accumulation of injuries, flying off to Dubai to recuperate, agent-related drama, social media related drama (basketball while injured), the lack of positional discipline or understanding, the notion that he seemed to struggle with focus (as Jose' alluded to when he called him a tournament player) resulting in inconsistency in performances.

There were the games you knew he was coasting, where he'd lose every 50/50, not track back, dawdle on the ball, etc. And there was the amount of silly fouls and penalties he gave away! One sticks to mind where a game we seemed in control of was thrown in jeopardy because he decided to shield his face with his hands while "defending" a free kick in the penalty box and earned a penalty! :lol: (was there a red card as well?)

All things considered, it's understandable (to me anyway) that folks have strong reactions to him in general. However, while I don't believe he's done himself any favours in it all, I 100% agree that some posts on here are extremely bitter and personal.

It's obvious you're a fan though, and can't be enjoying the ridiculing of his situation.

Pintu

Still fecking terrifying we offered him £300k a week for another (3 or 4?) seasons.

Juve have pissed away up to £70m bringing him back :lol:
They’d have lost somewhere between 5M and 10M/year on their Adidas deal if they hadn’t signed a new “Adidas elite athlete” after letting Dybala go to Roma… The other options on the market are much more expensive to attract (Salah, Benzema, etc…). And there are similar clauses in our contracts with Adidas, which explains why he was offered similar money to stay here…Sabitzer and his 500k Instagram followers are not gonna cut it for Adidas… Pogba has 57 millions. More than any other active PL player. If I’m not mistaken only Salah has more than 50M. And in Serie A, only Zlatan, Pogba and Dybala have 50M+…

So you could basically say that Adidas is subsidising part of his contract at Juventus, and would have done the same had he stayed here. This is why I don’t think it’s relevant to discuss wages of some of the players (those with a huge marketing value) in the same way we discuss normal football players.

Crimson King

They’d have lost somewhere between 5M and 10M/year on their Adidas deal if they hadn’t signed a new “Adidas elite athlete” after letting Dybala go to Roma… The other options on the market are much more expensive to attract (Salah, Benzema, etc…). And there are similar clauses in our contracts with Adidas, which explains why he was offered similar money to stay here…Sabitzer and his 500k Instagram followers are not gonna cut it for Adidas… Pogba has 57 millions. More than any other active PL player. If I’m not mistaken only Salah has more than 50M. And in Serie A, only Zlatan, Pogba and Dybala have 50M+…

So you could basically say that Adidas is subsidising part of his contract at Juventus, and would have done the same had he stayed here. This is why I don’t think it’s relevant to discuss wages of some of the players (those with a huge marketing value) in the same way we discuss normal football players.
No, but perhaps it's the start of a good discussion as to why this is a terrible way for clubs to conduct their commercial sponsorships...

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
When we first signed him he was really good, especially his 1st season when we won the EL. There was also the spell when Ole took over, Pogba was immense and I remember actually looking forward to seeing him play, he scored 13 goals that season.

After that it quickly went down hill, injuries started taking over and he wasn't the same player. He had that bad hamstring injury where he was out for 3 months and I think ever since that his running style changed too, wasnt as mobile as he once was. I also think the price tag never helped him, just seemed like every game it being brought up and everyone was expecting big things from him. The same thing is happening to Antony right now, almost every pundit always starts their sentence with "For 80m, i'm expecting a lot more...."

I wonder if the same will happen with Enzo?

Dominant

Notice the same Ronaldo fanboys are also those that are defending Pogba shamelessly here.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Lets just say that I would rather him not injured than injured even if he is no longer a United player.

But Im glad he left as he was one of those players who was a nuisance to the club. Him and his agent back then summed up United - big talks, stupid money but little to show for it. For the club to start rectifying its mistake, Pogba had to go. As long as he was at the club its hard to change things around as he was one of the dressing room leaders.

Now the dressing room mood and mentality is completely different. Lingard, Pogba and Ronaldo being no longer in the club played a part in that change.

TsuWave

The only unhinging behaviour is your constant defence of Pogba. Are you his brother or something?
Yes, sure - not the people revelling in a player struggling with injuries, not the “he’s lying about being injured/he’s lying about aggravating his injury”, not the “it’s the foreigners” rhetoric - it’s me saying you guys are being extremely weird that’s unhinged :lol:

However, while I don't believe he's done himself any favours in it all, I 100% agree that some posts on here are extremely bitter and personal.

It's obvious you're a fan though, and can't be enjoying the ridiculing of his situation.
I’m a fan of a lot of things. That doesn’t stop me from criticising or even laughing at them (I don't take pleasure in seeing players struggle with injuries/mentally). My post history can attest - no United player has given me more happy moments than Ronaldo, but the moment he went full bozo I washed my hands. Then the other guy who became my favourite United player at one point - and one which I thought was going to break all club records - we can't even post about him openly in this forum currently.

What’s Pogba really guilty of? Not succeeding at United? Yet, there's an underlying nastiness when people speak about him that you don't really see or sense anywhere else. And it makes me uncomfortable. It's pretty weird the watch.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
The Daily Mail is reporting (again) a termination of his contract is in sight, with him going to MLS.

Suv666

He clearly stopped caring about football long ago. The fame got to him.

Born2Lose

A real blessing that Juve were so happy to take him back. Now he's their problem.

clarkydaz

This was due to the accumulation of injuries, flying off to Dubai to recuperate, agent-related drama, social media related drama (basketball while injured), the lack of positional discipline or understanding, the notion that he seemed to struggle with focus (as Jose' alluded to when he called him a tournament player) resulting in inconsistency in performances.
He was flying everywhere. The start of the Jose fallout was him jetting off to Miami without permission.

Another time under ole I remember while we had a game he was rehabiliting his ankle or whatever by flying to France to ref in his brothers charity fundraiser or whatever

Guy enjoys life, I'll give him that

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Another one filed under the ‘what if?’ category. Felt like he had the world at his feet just a few years ago. Now nobody will touch him with a barge pole.

meamth

So he is equivalent to Diaby now. Except he won the world cup.