Paul Pogba - Juventus player

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Do you know what I love doing? Going up a ski mountain and not skiing. There’s so much to do up there such as not ski and watch others ski.
it’s so liberating
Totally, personally Im a big fan of going to a crack den and just watching others get high, really makes me feel alive.

Monks_United

This sucks. Could not have happened to a better player or club ! I feel sorry for both.

flappyjay

Also didn't help that for some reason he never stopped telling the press the players were useless and we needed a whole new team.
Yep you come in, big the players get them on your side. Have them fighting for your whilst observing who is to be culled when the time comes.

flappyjay

With time I have lost respect to footballs upper management. I thought clowns only existed in Manchester Uniteds upper management but damn Juventus along with Barcelona are next level.

BeltUp

Supports
United
I think the only people who like Pogba are the nu-age fans who like players more than clubs. I can't remeber seeing the home support turn on one of their own like they did with Pogba - he certainly didn't have many fans inside OT. Then you'd go online and see loads of people defending him, probably the same people defending him against the Juve fans now

HTG

Supports
Bayern
trainwreck of a player at a trainwreck of a club, perfect match.
They really are. I watched their loss against Monza for a bit and was absolutely shocked by their team. What in the world did they cook their books for, if that’s the team they are fielding?

Someone

Something
The past 6 months have been a complete nightmare for him, from the crazy issues with his brother to his injuries and missing the WC, and meanwhile Juventus are crumbling. I think he's even on a lower salary than the one we offered him to stay. I kinda feel bad for him because he's such a wasted talent. Obviously he wasn't surrounded by the right people, and I know Raiola was loved by his players but I've always though he had a bad influence on him as well.

TsuWave

Thread went from doubting he was injured “he’s faking it”. To now “he def injured himself skiing, he’s lying”

Unhinged behaviour.

Djemba-Djemba

I think the only people who like Pogba are the nu-age fans who like players more than clubs. I can't remeber seeing the home support turn on one of their own like they did with Pogba - he certainly didn't have many fans inside OT. Then you'd go online and see loads of people defending him, probably the same people defending him against the Juve fans now
Totally agree.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I agree with this assessment. You see it in other threads and topics too.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Looking forward to Pogmentary 2 which will just be Pogba doing nothing (so, quite similar to the first one).

Canagel

His remontada is going to be beautiful.

He was passed fit last week but after the 2-0 scoreline they decided not to debut him. Juventus are being extra cautious with him which is understandable after a long term lay off.

SambaBoy

I always said to a couple of my friends that he had suspicious injuries where he was out for a long period but it was never explained what the exact problem was.

It was never a broken leg/ACL type or even the finer details were never released from what I remember where you can put a timescale on it. Always seemed to just be diagnosed with an unspecified injury around the big games and it would lead to him being out for 4-10 weeks out. Always thought it was strange. Same seems to be happening here.

Strootman's Finger

I always said to a couple of my friends that he had suspicious injuries where he was out for a long period but it was never explained what the exact problem was.

It was never a broken leg/ACL type or even the finer details were never released from what I remember where you can put a timescale on it. Always seemed to just be diagnosed with an unspecified injury around the big games and it would lead to him being out for 4-10 weeks out. Always thought it was strange. Same seems to be happening here.
I think his injury was a vacation in dubai

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He's just a rich man's Jesse Lingard. Was always more interested in being a social media influencer than a footballer.

Scary that we actually offered him a new contract, imagine if he'd accepted and we'd be stuck with him for good.
The fact he didn’t accept it point to the fact we didn’t value him anything like he valued himself.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
The "Player FC" wankers, endemic of society these days that fall for characters like Trump and Boris.

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
The "Player FC" wankers, endemic of society these days that fall for characters like Trump and Boris.
More like foreigners who don't feel attachment to any club, cause they just watch a lot of leagues, not only one.

A consequence of football becoming global indeed.

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
Not really, I see a lot of British and Irish people on social media who are like that too.
On Twitter and Instagram most people supporting Ronaldo over United after the interview with Piers Morgan were not british...lot of them even saying that they won't support United anymore cause their GOAT is leaving.

Not sure how is this even controversial, it's the true.

krazyrobus

Of all the people Sky gets to comment and they get perma-crock Louis Saha discussing perma-crock Pogba. Can't make this shit up.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Of all the people Sky gets to comment and they get perma-crock Louis Saha discussing perma-crock Pogba. Can't make this shit up.
Or a Frenchman commenting on a Frenchman, Saha might have gotten injured a lot but he tried and had the right attitude which is more than you can say for Pogba

Nori-

I can't believe some people actually want him back.

He represents everything that was wrong with our team for the last few years.

Inflated price tag, inflated wages, dance moves over trophies, greedy agent, left on a free after we spent a fortune on him, constant drama, had his agent regularly insult the club, the last time right before a big game.

Wouldn't go near him if they offered us £50m to take him back.

krazyrobus

Or a Frenchman commenting on a Frenchman, Saha might have gotten injured a lot but he tried and had the right attitude which is more than you can say for Pogba
How many Frenchman have played for us over the years, 10 +? Just seems odd that they get the 1 crock to discuss the other crock.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Yea that came when he was the young star of a well drilled multiple title winning outfit playing alongside players such as Pirlo, Marchisio, Vidal (the latter two doing the hard graft) allowing Pogba to make a name for himself scoring long rangers, and not being required to learn the discipline of a CM. My point being his ‘hype’ was a lot greater than the reality.
And yet he was a key undroppable part of that midfield. The hype as you put it, it didn't come out of nowhere. He was doing something right at the very least

Can you imagine Casemiro and Martinez having to put up with his crap? Losing balls in our own half, not tracking runners, doing generally lazy ass Pogba shit.

Luckily for PP and us we’d never find out.
He'd be either a bench player or a much improved under ETH

Strootman's Finger

Thread now has people openly saying they’re enjoying a player struggling with injuries and “foreigners” rhetoric

Crazy
I'm a football fan, not fecking mother theresa, what did you expect? That fraud robbed this club of a living, while he spent his winters in Dubai, and fecked with the mentality in the dressing, only to go off to France and perform. feck him with a chainsaw running, and I don't care if you are offended by a football fan being pissed off at a fraud player that took the piss out of their club.

TsuWave

I'm a football fan, not fecking mother theresa, what did you expect? That fraud robbed this club of a living, while he spent his winters in Dubai, and fecked with the mentality in the dressing, only to go off to France and perform. feck him with a chainsaw running, and I don't care if you are offended by a football fan being pissed off at a fraud player that took the piss out of their club.
I’m not offended - just amused at deranged behaviour.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I was a huge defender of him and wanted him to succeed so badly. I’m now firmly in the fraud camp.

redcucumber

He was immensely talented and didn't show it nearly enough. I'm sure he hardly gives a feck, what with his tens of millions and World Cup medal, but he'll go down as one of those 'what could have been' sorts. Big shame.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
And yet he was a key undroppable part of that midfield. The hype as you put it, it didn't come out of nowhere. He was doing something right at the very least
There have been tonnes of (young) players in Serie A and other leagues that have a considerable amount of hype behind them but without much substance when it comes to showing it consistently. Ricardo Quaresma, el Sheraawy are two that come to mind in terms of being spoken of in world beaters but whose careers didn’t match that early promise.

I’m perhaps doing a disservice to Pogba to include him in that bracket but I see some similarities.

saivet

Surprised (well not really) at so many relishing in his demise. His past few years at United were riddled with injury and it's started even worse for him injury wise at Juve. I feel and still feel a lot of the other things people complain about Pogba is largely unwarranted and not based on projecting their dislike of him.

Hope for his sake he can get and stay fit. There's an excellent player in there but these injuries may only hamper him longer term.

Castia

Who'd have thought that Pogba and Lingard moving on would be a good thing for our squad.....pair of fecking halfwits.

Peelhead

Yeah, terrible injury record. The fact it's February and he still hasn't had his 2nd debut at Juve is telling as well.
What?! I didn't follow it once he was gone but that strains credulity. Shocking waste of investment for any club.