Paul Pogba - Juventus player

Oranges038

Whoops. That will be the SerieA sample then, presumably they will be checking the SerieB sample but that's not looking too good. Karma really can be a bitch can't it. It's a shame for him, thinking back all those years ago when I thought he was going to be a real world beater, but all the injuries, issues off the pitch and now this will overshadow the fact that he could, on his day, be pretty good at football. I'm guessing the temptation to get over the injuries and get back on the pitch with the Euros coming was too much (assuming the B sample is positive).

Maybe he can go for the Pep defence (1 in 1000 chance of error, so can't be sure).
He could always blame his doctor and then hire that same doctor to be his team doctor when he goes into management.

TsuWave

Ugh that MG finish. Was also the first game of the season, can’t believe how it ended.
So tragic.

Sometimes I think about how the young core of Shaw, Pogba, Rashford, Martial didn’t win much. Then you have what happened with Greenwood.

fecking hell.

Krny

Supports
Celtic Football Club
He should probably change his dealer. Plays like he's on ketamine or ( if anyone is brass eye literate) he plays like he's on "Cake" and thinks he has two weeks to release the ball.

Canagel

I refuse to believe this story. He has been randomly tested before at United and not been found with any subtances, why would he risk doping now?

I dont believe this, someone has set him up.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
I refuse to believe this story. He has been randomly tested before at United and not been found with any subtances, why would he risk doping now?

Every single player who has ever been tested positive has been tested negative earlier in their careers. There’s always a first time. I don’t follow your logic.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time

If this turns out to be true, I would presume it's something he started recently to try to recover from the injuries.

Hopefully it's not true though.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
The whole problems with his family is devastating. It is defintely a reason for his incredible decline.

Oh what could have been.

dogwithabone

Isn’t it great when Pogba is someone else’s problem. It isn’t like we are problem free at the minute but he was a particularly toxic personality who epitomised that chaotic era of can’t be arsed players and poor managerial appointments. Whatever is currently going on at least United have a manager who isn’t afraid of reputations.

ForeverRed1

Could have been a great in the game. Feels like a wasted career but then you remember he has won some incredible trophies along the way. Just never hit the heights he could have.

Andersonson

Thats not how is works. You can escape doping with other substances, eventually things catch up or you slip up. Or maybe he started after he came to Juventus. He never recovered from injuries and felt that he was on his level so decided to dope. Thats also plausible

TsuWave

Thats not how is works. You can escape doping with other substances, eventually things catch up or you slip up. Or maybe he started after he came to Juventus. He never recovered from injuries and felt that he was on his level so decided to dope. Thats also plausible
Pogba was tested multiple times at United. There's even a video in which he's pulled right after the game and he's annoyed by it and says something along the lines of "again?!" - the likelihood of him doping whilst he was here is pretty slim, so it would be best not to speculate or throw aspersions about it.

What you said about him potentially doing knowingly or unknowingly at Juventus is plausible though

reddev3

He had another bad injury, it's used for recovery.

EDIT: and before you say he's had bad injuries before, they mount up and get harder to recover from the older you get, he's no spring chicken anymore.

jesperjaap

Zidane like ability, minus the mentality, application and attitude is how I think of him.
Dont get me wrong, he had all the tools to be a fantastic player and I agree something missing that stopped that, but he definately didnt have the levels of abklity of Zidane, not even close.

One aspect I havent noticd anybody mention I wonder if had an affect on his career is Raiola as his agent? I do wonder if the arrogance, self belief and almost feeling of priveliged to be one of the best in the world, which despite his talent and a couple of his trophies.......he never was....was this fuelled by Raiolo partly? I mean we have read about wht he ssaid with Pogba during his time here and it was pretty toxic, arrogant and deluded.

People saying "oh what could have been", with this recent episode, go back to when he left us first time round and the initial plaudits he got in Serie A.

I was excited when we resigned him, got a bit carried away on the fanfare of his early promise here and how good people said he was at Juventus.......but I watched him maybe 10-15 times for Juventus in his first spell and maybe I watched the wrogn games, but he never consistently seemed great there to me.

Think in terms of performance he has been one of the most over rated players ever.I even though his infamous world cup he was maassively over hyped, was very good, but certainly not brilliant or an amazing leader after a couple of huddles.

Glad he finally left here, should have been sold long before he walked for nothing. Cost us a fortune in wages and fees, he was talented, but ZIdane abilities, never for me

Canagel

He had another bad injury, it's used for recovery.

EDIT: and before you say he's had bad injuries before, they mount up and get harder to recover from the older you get, he's no spring chicken anymore.
Im saying based on his history there is no indication he would deliberately cheat.

The burden of proof is on the accusers. To prove he took it intentionally and till now no evidence has been put forward by anyone. Im not discounting the possibilty of him using this substance knowingly but nobody has certainty of that so why jump to that conclusion?

Theyre saying a statement is expected soon from Juventus and Pogba so things should become clear very soon.

GazTheLegend

@jesperjaap it's hard to say R.E.: Raiola, but it's pretty clear that Mino saw his players as being bigger than the clubs he signed them up to. His idea was to ship around all his clients as often as they wanted to, but as soon as the contracts came up - that was it, time to go. That attitude of player > agent > club was prevalent throughout. Intensely dislikeable trait to have, because the implication to me was always that the fans basically meant absolutely nothing in the end. Maybe there is some dark kernel of truth in that but it's not nice to be reminded by a mere agent.

As to Pogba, he's clearly done in European football.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
His 1st season was good with us, then were was a period of 10 or so games just after Ole took over where Pogba was immense. I was actually looking forward to the games just so see him strut his stuff. Unfortunately for him, injuries have taken their toll on his body. It was after that hamstring injury he had, he just never looked the same with his weird running style.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Dont get me wrong, he had all the tools to be a fantastic player and I agree something missing that stopped that, but he definately didnt have the levels of abklity of Zidane, not even close.

One aspect I havent noticd anybody mention I wonder if had an affect on his career is Raiola as his agent? I do wonder if the arrogance, self belief and almost feeling of priveliged to be one of the best in the world, which despite his talent and a couple of his trophies.......he never was....was this fuelled by Raiolo partly? I mean we have read about wht he ssaid with Pogba during his time here and it was pretty toxic, arrogant and deluded.

People saying "oh what could have been", with this recent episode, go back to when he left us first time round and the initial plaudits he got in Serie A.

I was excited when we resigned him, got a bit carried away on the fanfare of his early promise here and how good people said he was at Juventus.......but I watched him maybe 10-15 times for Juventus in his first spell and maybe I watched the wrogn games, but he never consistently seemed great there to me.

Think in terms of performance he has been one of the most over rated players ever.I even though his infamous world cup he was maassively over hyped, was very good, but certainly not brilliant or an amazing leader after a couple of huddles.

Glad he finally left here, should have been sold long before he walked for nothing. Cost us a fortune in wages and fees, he was talented, but ZIdane abilities, never for me
I remember when he fell out with Jose reading an old Conte quote from during his time at Juve saying Pogba needed to take more defensive responsibility and to stop switching off during games. Exactly the same thing Jose was trying to get out of him. He had the physique to be the second coming of Yaya Toure as a box to box. Even someone less silky and playing further forward like Lampard worked back way way harder for the team than him and put up much bigger numbers. He was prepared to play the simple fast pass to keep the play moving. Pogba couldn’t reliably run a game as a 6 and couldn’t or wouldn’t bother to get up and down like an 8. He wanted or needed a free role to pull off the odd bit of nice skill. If only he had the desire to refine his game he could have been a beast.

That class of players, Pogba Lingard Morrison etc could have been great but they were all about the flash and their own brand in the end.

Last edited:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He needs to ask his brother for forgiveness. The juju is strong in him.

Canagel

Juve may have set him up. There were reports just two or three days ago that they were trying to set up a meeting with Pimenta to renegotiate his contract and reduce his salary.

And then this.And it was supposedly found after the first match of the season in which he didnt even play in? why did it not break then, it has been over three weeks and he played twice after.

They are in a financial crisis and want him off the wage bill to save money (Highest paid player at the club). This gives them a reason to. That is my prediction.