Paul Pogba / turned down United offer of 300k as “nothing”

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
He's been offered 350k a week!! How is that being chased out with pitchforks?
Yep, if that's correct, he just doesn't want to be there anymore. United can't be faulted if he's turning down this kind of contract with Sancho just joining the team and maybe Varane on the way.

Giggs86

He ain't going anywhere. Just Pogba/Raiola do Pogba/Raiola things to get more money.

RedDevil@84

Our ability to drive out creative players with pitchforks is unparalleled.
This is a case of the player taking a pitchfork and pricking his own butt by hiring a PR team to constantly moan about being unhappy and ill treated.

Castia

Don't let him walk away for free again that's just a piss take, take the money and re-invest it into a DM.

Doesn't suit a 2 man midfield anyway we've never seen the best of Pogba he's not even that much of a loss.

RopersReturn

As much as I love watching Pogba particularly for France, his performances for us have been a disappointment. Apart from the odd wonder goal he’s really shown poor value for money and has let us down when we needed him in the home defeat against Liverpool and the Europa Final. It sometimes feels like the team mood depends on whether or not he’ll turn up in a game and we simply can’t function like that, being biggest club in the country.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Which other creative players have we driven out?
I am going to assume: Di Maria, Memphis, Martial, likely VDB in recent years. Previously a good few wanted Nani gone and even Ronaldo in his younger years. I agree with that poster to some degree, we like to preach about our love of skills and flair etc but ultimately there’s a massive portion of this fan base who only really care about ‘hard work’, ‘grit’ ‘determination’ and all the other cliches that hang around English football.

He'sRaldo

Not sure about that. We have offered him a new contract but he apparently doesn’t want to sign it, so what do you expect the club to do?
I'm talking about the fans. Some have been on his case basically since he got here.

OleBoiii

I am going to assume: Di Maria, Memphis, Martial, likely VDB in recent years. Previously a good few wanted Nani gone and even Ronaldo in his younger years.
Di Maria drove himself out. Memphis was most definitely not a creative player when he played for us. Martial is not a creative player. VDB has been piss poor and he hasn't been driven out yet. Nani wasn't a creative player. I wasn't around for the early Ronaldo discussions, but young Ronaldo's strengths didn't lie in his creativity, that's for sure.

'Flair' and 'creativity' are not the same thing.

Ole's screen

Supports
KC Chiefs
Di Maria drove himself out. Memphis was most definitely not a creative player when he played for us. Martial is not a creative player. VDB has been piss poor and he hasn't been driven out yet. Nani wasn't a creative player. I wasn't around for the early Ronaldo discussions, but young Ronaldo's strengths didn't lie in his creativity, that's for sure.

'Flair' and 'creativity' are not the same thing.
Umm, what?

RopersReturn

but ultimately there’s a massive portion of this fan base who only really care about ‘hard work’, ‘grit’ ‘determination’ and all the other cliches that hang around English football.
All very true and possibly one of the reasons we fail at international level.
We certainly have many gifted and capable players, but our obsession with playing endless back to back games, the ridiculous Christmas fixtures and the elephant in the room that’s the League Cup is just mindless.

OleBoiii

Umm, what?
I remember him as a very direct player with lots of flair and a good shot. Yes he showed moments of creativity, but it was very far from his most prominent trait.

When I think 'creativity', I think about Scholes, Xavi, Iniesta, Bruno, De Bryune, Özil, D. Silva and Mata etc.

TheReligion

Abusive
I am going to assume: Di Maria, Memphis, Martial, likely VDB in recent years. Previously a good few wanted Nani gone and even Ronaldo in his younger years. I agree with that poster to some degree, we like to preach about our love of skills and flair etc but ultimately there’s a massive portion of this fan base who only really care about ‘hard work’, ‘grit’ ‘determination’ and all the other cliches that hang around English football.
Have Martial and VdB left?

I must be missing something here.

He'sRaldo

So you think the fans have driven him out of the club? What utter bollocks
Look at what Evra adviced Pogba about the situation:

"To be fair, when he's playing people blame Paul. When he's not playing, people blame Paul," Evra said, before going on to call coverage of Pogba 'insulting' to the club and suggesting he should leave to end the negativity surrounding him.

"I don't agree with Roy, but when you are a problem for the club - for example when I kicked the fan in Marseille, the owner and the manager they come and say 'Patrice, what are we going to do now?' I say I'm leaving. I don't want to bring any negativity to the club.

"And right now, maybe it will be time for Paul to leave.

"I remember when it was a big game, Liverpool vs Man United. People were talking more about Jose Mourinho and Paul Pogba. This is insulting. For the biggest two clubs in the world, we're talking about one player and one manager.

"I think sometimes it's time. When you play, they blame you. When you're not playing they blame you also. I think maybe Paul already said to Man United 'I want to leave' and they don't let him go."
Link.

It's naive to think the fans haven't played a part.

ghagua

Does he even know what "respectful" means? He is a big-time charlie who has let his agent and his family disrespect United every few months. He does it as well by not telling them not to, just his words out of their mouths.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
No surprise there. There's no use in planning a long term team with Pogba when it's clear he wants to move on which is also fine. Bruno, Sancho, Rashford and a striker in front isn't a front 4 that works with Pogba anyway, so I'm OK with it.

TheReligion

Abusive
Does he even know what "respectful" means? He is a big-time charlie who has let his agent and his family disrespect United every few months. He does it as well by not telling them not to, just his words out of their mouths.
Sorry the fans have driven him out apparently

Flying high

So you think the fans have driven him out of the club? What utter bollocks
You can't accept that one of the problems for Pogba here, is that many fans have never really taken to him? Do you remember when he talked about the, probably unreasonable, expectations of him to simultaneously be the main creative force and a midfield general which apparently a player of his price must be?
This didn't come about because rival fans were slating him. It was our own fans scapegoating him after every poor result.

RopersReturn

I remember him as a very direct player with lots of flair and a good shot. Yes he showed moments of creativity, but it was very far from his most prominent trait.

When I think 'creativity', I think about Scholes, Xavi, Iniesta, Bruno, De Bryune, Özil, D. Silva and Mata etc.
Norway has never produced players of great technical ability but it was at a time when Oli and his fellow countrymen were being snapped up by English sides due to their physical attributes and suitability to 4-4-2 and direct style of play. Even the former Norwegian head coach Egil Olson, went on to manage Wimbledon.

TheReligion

Abusive
You can't accept that one of the problems for Pogba here, is that many fans have never really taken to him? Do you remember when he talked about the, probably unreasonable, expectations of him to simultaneously be the main creative force and a midfield general which apparently a player of his price must be?
This didn't come about because rival fans were slating him. It was our own fans scapegoating him after every poor result.
How many players divide different fanbases? Literally every single one. Pogba has had more support at United then negativity, despite the constant negative talk from his family and agent about the club.

The notion that the club and fans have driven him out is complete and utter shite.

Flying_Heckfish

Good news that he has made a decision, now sell & replace. We can't have this dragging on into the season.

Shame it has come to this, but with Raiola it was always likely.

Flying high

How many players divide different fanbases? Literally every single one. Pogba has had more support at United then negativity, despite the constant negative talk from his family and agent about the club.

The notion that the club and fans have driven him out is complete and utter shite.
I don't think anyone is saying the fans are 100% responsible for Pogba wanting to leave. I think it's fairly clear though that it's a factor. However small.

Stop being so definitive over something of which you know no more than anyone else here.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
At the risk of it sounding like I'm hounding him out of the club; he hasn't really been as good as I expected him to be.

I should maybe delete that otherwise his family/agent/neighbour/Paul wearing a fake moustache/hamster will tell the press that I've treated him unfairly.

TheReligion

Abusive
Anyone blaming this situation on the fans is a disgrace. I pay good money to go and watch United and support the team. Having an expectation that players that wear the shirt want to wear it and will give their all to the cause is par really. Expecting players to act respectfully and to ensure their personal team act respectfully is also par for me and what I expect.

Pogba has, and has always had, my full support. That said no one can deny he's brought with him alot of off field drama that the club hasn't needed and there's been a distinct lack of respect from his team,and the people around him, at particularly key times of different seasons. If you can't understand why that would irritate some fans then again you're massively out of touch.

He'sRaldo

At the risk of it sounding like I'm hounding him out of the club; he hasn't really been as good as I expected him to be.

I should maybe delete that otherwise his family/agent/neighbour/Paul wearing a fake moustache/hamster will tell the press that I've treated him unfairly.
Clever. But no, that's fair.

It's the going after his hair/dabs/attitude/social media/injuries, and all that toxic Jose stuff that's the main culprit. Add to that the media scapegoating, and it's clear that it had become a pitchfork situation.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I wonder if our fanbase has ever been so divided over a single player. Martial probably runs him close, to be fair.

The thing with Pogba is, whether intentional or otherwise, he causes more problems than solutions. He's just a constant headache. It's time to cash in while he still holds some stock in the transfer market.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
See you later Paul lad. I would have been happy to have Pogba on a new deal but let's sell him now, try to get another midfielder or two before the window closes, bid farewell to the Pogba circus and that fat slug of an agent and move on.

DickDastardly

It would be wise to close all threads on Pogba.

Actually ban the name.

It's not like he's given us a lot of joy over the last 4 years.

Just hope this ends sooner rather then drag this shit over the course of another transfer window.