Paul Pogba / turned down United offer of 300k as “nothing”

The Red Thinker

Pogba wanna go? Go. Sink the 50 million into getting Declan Rice along with war chest and also get Camavinga. I'd be happy with that. This will he wont he is worse than Rachel and Ross.

yipthatman

I wonder what Pogbas stats are because I always have it in my head that he is a worldie for 3-4 games per year and the rest he is average and he gives the ball away a lot and also gives the impression that he cant be bothered too. Am I wrong? My god the circus that comes with him too. Surely this can't be worth the talent. Lets get someone that actually wants to play for the shirt and is grateful to be at Old Trafford.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
What a way to ruin your career, nobody outside France gives a crap about PSG he will wittle away into nothing.

his “brand” will slump big time.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
That would be disastrous. Imagine how unbearable Raiola will be next season when Pogba is free to talk to other clubs from January onwards. It would have an unsettling impact on the rest of the squad.

If Pogba doesn't sign a new contract in the next 2-3 weeks then we need to sell him to PSG in August.
Why would Raiolas actions impact the club and squad?

Pogba is a professional and am sure he would carry on being a professional.

If the club need the money then sell him, if they don't then keep him.

Jordan_mufc

People suggesting using the Pogba money to get Declan Rice need to screw their heads on properly.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Bruno Fernandes will never get a club as big as United ever in his life. He’s not good enough as a player.

The day we stop making him our main man is the day we start winning.

If Pogba leaves it will be Lovely to get Grealish in and remove Bruno’s dominance. But it won’t happen.
This is very extreme and interesting opinion, especially considering Bruno has been key player for us since he joined. It's hardly a discussion because it's facts based.

Champ

I don’t think anyone disputes how good he can be & how important he is when on form.

On the Old Trafford point, find that very strange as the fanbase inside the grounds is generally as split as this place is on him.
I'm saying seeing him live gives a different view that you don't often get on TV.

The fan base will always be split, we see that with Bruno and Rashford despite their value and output for the team.

JB7

I'm saying seeing him live gives a different view that you don't often get on TV.

The fan base will always be split, we see that with Bruno and Rashford despite their value and output for the team.
Yeah I agree it does but that view gives you both positives and a negatives that you don't see on TV where the cameras follow the ball - especially around Pogba who's off-ball work is not the best.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Why would Raiolas actions impact the club and squad?

Pogba is a professional and am sure he would carry on being a professional.

If the club need the money then sell him, if they don't then keep him.
Remember the day before our crucial decider against Leipzig when Raiola came out and said "Paul Pogba is unhappy at Manchester United and he needs a change of scenery". Remember how infuriating that was? Imagine that but 10 times worse.

If you're happy with Raiola shouting his mouth off about Pogba's unhappiness then fair enough, but I'd much rather we went into this season without that kind of distraction before crucial games.

Member 101269

It seems there is a level of momentum for him leaving. I'd rather he resigned, if not let him go...

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Remember the day before our crucial decider against Leipzig when Raiola came out and said "Paul Pogba is unhappy at Manchester United and he needs a change of scenery". Remember how infuriating that was? Imagine that but 10 times worse.

If you're happy with Raiola shouting his mouth off about Pogba's unhappiness then fair enough, but I'd much rather we went into this season without that kind of distraction before crucial games.
If Raiola running his mouth (what's new?) is enough to derail our season then we have bigger problems...

Gavinb33

Im not going to take anyway serious that thinks Bruno is better than Pogba. It’s boring :lol:
The thing is football isn't measured on just talent alone, it's the intangibles that make people from good to being great, I would say Pogba has the technical attributes to be the best in the world however if you offered me the Pogba we've seen at United or the Bruno we have seen at United I am taking the Bruno every time no question about that.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Im not going to take anyway serious that thinks Bruno is better than Pogba. It’s boring :lol:
Don’t think anyone can argue Bruno’s impact the last 2 seasons has been greater than anything we’ve seen from Pogba.

Both great players. One wants to be here and the other doesn’t and it shows.

Mainoldo

The thing is football isn't measured on just talent alone, it's the intangibles that make people from good to being great, I would say Pogba has the technical attributes to be the best in the world however if you offered me the Pogba we've seen at United or the Bruno we have seen at United I am taking the Bruno every time no question about that.
I’ll say it again. We keep using this talent word like Pogba is Taarbat or Ricardo Quresma. He’s a well decorated football who has performed on the biggest of stages. It’s more than just talent that is getting him through. Otherwise he’d be going to play for Middlesbrough like Gazza.

Mainoldo

Don’t think anyone can argue Bruno’s impact the last 2 seasons has been greater than anything we’ve seen from Pogba.

Both great players. One wants to be here and the other doesn’t and it shows.
Not really I seen a team when a Europa league and EL cup under Pogba whilst collecting the biggest points tally and best finish since SAF left. Also managing to progress out of Champions League group stages.

Under Bruno I’ve just seen us bottle finals and semi finals whilst finishing a respectable second. That’s the facts, but it doesn’t sound like the story your telling.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Not really I seen a team when a Europa league and EL cup under Pogba whilst collecting the biggest points tally and best finish since SAF left. Also managing to progress out of Champions League group stages.

Under Bruno I’ve just seen us bottle finals and semi finals whilst finishing a respectable second. That’s the facts, but it doesn’t sound like the story your telling.
Bruno’s only been here 18 months.

JJ12

Not really I seen a team when a Europa league and EL cup under Pogba whilst collecting the biggest points tally and best finish since SAF left.

I’m pretty sure Pogba played ‘under Bruno’ or am I wrong? What sort of ridiculous argument was that :lol:

And why the feck are you talking about 2 completely different teams when we are talking about individual performances.

One of the worst arguments of all time.

izzydiggler

He's a good player but what we've got out of him is hardly irreplaceable...If he'd sign a new deal, I'd happily keep him as a valuable part of the squad but much better players than Pogba have left United and we've been fine.

Take away the fee, hype etc and you're left with a talented player we've had for 5 years that has shown flashes of greatness but (on the field) will be a footnote in our history. If he won't sign a new deal, it's not even a debate IMO, it's time to move on.

Hackman2210

Financially though - £350k per week = £15m per year - 3 year deal plus 1yr option = £60million out. Whats his resale at 32? £20 million maybe.So if we add £89mil to his wages for the last 5 years - |£60mil + his wages for the next 4 £60mil = £210million, less £20mil resale say then he's cost the club £190million - feck me!!!
So if we sell him know for £50mil we save his wages for 4years and get some cash in, plus linguard £20. Clubs got cash in the coffers to do some damage.
From a playing point of view why keep a player that chooses when he turns it on?? I'd rather a international class player giving it everything rather than a world class player just strutting his stuff as and when. Roy keane was world class becuase of his attitude not his footballing ability, that was good yes but he wasnt the ball player Pogba is. His mentality was win at all costs. If Pog had that - then we'd have won the title multiple times over. Pogba is a lazy patrick viera. £50mil yes please.

AlexUTD

Pogba and his fat feck agent friend can feck off.

He is a liability anyway since he dont track back to help the team.

No player is bigger than the club, Sir Alex showed that quite clearly under his management.

SuperiorXI

The club should be resilient to any piss poor offer. Whatever you think of Pogba at United he has just come off of an unbelievable Euros performance and coming into his prime. 45m would be a disgrace (Fred cost more!). I would argue it's worth keeping him rather than taking peanuts for him as he could help us win things next season.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
enough of this guy. he has made it clear time and again that United isn't in his blood, he's not interested in staying so let's ship him out and get the full fee up front so that we can buy a replacement such as Grealish who certainly won't give the ball away as often.

Pogba has turned in far too many "ordinary" performances and I still think SAF got it right when he let him go first time around.

World class? My arse

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Pogba can do unbelievable things on the ball, his long-range passing and technique on the ball are phenomenal. But football and elite football at that is so much more. Liverpool walked the league with three midfielders who, combined have less innate, on-the-ball talent than Pogba. He loses the ball far too often and you feel whatever goodness he does at one end, he will undo at the other. I don't ever want to see a good player go but we've let much, MUCH better players go than him when it hasn't worked.

He reminds me of Veron, who was an incredible player. Technique, vision, passing, dribbling, just an utter joy to watch. Yet, didn't fit the team, didn't fit rugged, early 2000's Premier League football, didn't have the desired effect of making us a better team. Even happy to sell him on to an upcoming rival!

With Paul, it will be a shame to see him go but he has won a few trophies here and given us some good performances. But it's obvious that with his fat toad of an agent in his ear, he is swayed to go to the farmers league - imagine, at this stage in your career making a move where the only positive is your agent gets €40m?! There he can spray passes under zero pressure to Neymar and have three other players running for him, while he completes a highlight reel for YT and goes viral once a week for the TikTok generation.

At 28, choosing PSG is a career downturn and embarrassment if I am being brutally honest. It actually tells you everything your need to know about Paul Pogba. Best of luck to him, I'd much rather he stays but if we get £50m plus for him - take it, improve the squad and move on.

Mainoldo

I’m pretty sure Pogba played ‘under Bruno’ or am I wrong? What sort of ridiculous argument was that :lol:

And why the feck are you talking about 2 completely different teams when we are talking about individual performances.

One of the worst arguments of all time.
Isn’t this team better? Individual performance I’ve already said I’m waiting for Bruno to have a Pogba Man City moment. He does a Ozil when it comes to the big games.

It’s not weak there’s just no comeback to it as it’s facts.

Champ

That kind of distraction comes with having high profile players.
If it isn't Pogba it's Bruno apparently not signing a new contract, or its De Gea...etc.

Really don't think an agent spouting crap to the press will have any impact on the squad at all.

JJ12

Isn’t this team better? Individual performance I’ve already said I’m waiting for Bruno to have a Pogba Man City moment. He does a Ozil when it comes to the big games.

It’s not weak there’s just no comeback to it as it’s facts.
Pogba also plays in this team what on earth are you getting at :houllier: why is this teams shortcomings Bruno’s fault?

We are discussing their individual performances - Bruno has had a much bigger impact over the course of 2 seasons. I don’t think that is debatable but here we are.

poleglass red

Interesting he knocked back our contract offer. First time in his time here, we generally looking to be heading in the right direction, with signings such as Sancho and Varane. It's also a reflection on him, he's played 5 seasons with us, he has shown form at times but no way has he been an unqualified success. You'd hope he'd want to be an undoubted success and stay to prove that. Our biggest issues such as no genuine right winger, pace in back line, no genuine real no 9 are all addressed for this coming season.

Andersons Dietician

Don't really know what to make of this I want him to stay as I think he’s a good player capable of the sublime but then he just hasn’t or doesn’t I feel live up to what he is capable of for United. So if he goes or stays I’m kind of whatever.

I think as we hear a lot on the CAF “it’s the hope that kills you” the hope waiting for Pogba to finally take his place as the best midfielder this club has ever had as he has everything to do it apart from it seems the mentality. And that is what I feel irks so many as it always feels like he is capable of way more than what he is producing.

Thats not to say there aren’t moments of pure brilliance. At times he’s a joy to behold and when he’s on it unplayable. If he goes to PSG suddenly puts it all together and wins a champions league then so be it. If it happens some team they’ve put together. That’s if they can get over the bottle merchant and I’ll discipline/spoilt brat behaviour they so often showcase.

GoldanoGraham

I wonder what the offer we put on the table included for Mino? I’m sure one of the big sticking points will be what Mino gets out of any deal for Pogba (or any of his players) - I can imagine he is asking for some outrageous fee and I’m sure his new play thing club PSG will give him plenty…

this could all be a ploy to use PSG to get us to offer even more of a package that not just Pogba benefits from……

same old circus every transfer window……

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
The single best thing about him going will be the death of the pogba threads, and the end to "supporters" shitting on other players to prove a point about pogba. If he signs and stays, great, if not, fine, off you pop then. We have lost better and more influential players and will do again. Man Utd > Paul Pogba