g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Paul Pogba racially abused on social media

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
He can not be so overly aggressive about his dislike towards pogba he was talking like he was a criminal and its not the first time. In fact he's done it publicly many times not normal complaints but to the point that its clear he has a deep issue with him.
Probably similar to my deep issues with Pogba, shared by many other United fans.

Because he is not committed and openly flirts with Madrid, because he has not come close to justifying his record fee, because he seems selfish on the pitch, because he only turns it on when he can be arsed, because he constantly gives away possession, because he is so difficult to accommodate with his left side 3-man midfield nonsense, because he took a penalty and missed costing us 2 points .... should I go on?

Does that also make make me and all the others racist too?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Im clutching at straws in laughing at you because you claimed that 'Neville was never a great player'. Hmm.

It's clear you have a biased agenda and zero credibility.
You're laughing at yourself because Neville was never a great player and doesn't even compare to the likes of genuine great players like Cafu. Neville was a good player that was more than replaceable and he even admitted that a few days ago in response to Adam McKola..

Last edited:

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
You're laughing at yourself because Neville was never a great player and doesn't even compare to the likes of genuine great players like Cafu. Neville was a good player that was more than replaceable and he even admitted that a few days ago in response to the Adam McKola..
Alright boss. keep trolling.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
The Pogba fans on here are unreal.
No one is denying he is our best player.
he is still here because Real could not stump up the cash.
The way he disrespected the club is unforgiveable.

I kin hate the Glazers for not taking care of the midfield, right from handling the Ander contract to not getting a replacement for a player who spat in our face and not strengthening a midfield that was allowed to rot.'

Well here we are...depending on a squad player and a want away player.

What a mess.

But hey lets blame the manager.

Total shit show.

Last edited:

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Why are you bringing Cafu into this?

I only remember seeing Cafu in some world cup matches.

I have seen enough football in my life to know Gary Neville was among the best Right Backs to have ever worn our shirt.

Just leave it now.
I'm bringing Cafu up because he was a 'Great' RB so some of you understand the barometer of greatness i'm talking about. Neville was a good RB but not close to Cafu which proves my original point that he wasn't a great player. Unless you just want to throw the word around willy nilly.

mancan92

Probably similar to my deep issues with Pogba, shared by many other United fans.

Because he is not committed and openly flirts with Madrid, because he has not come close to justifying his record fee, because he seems selfish on the pitch, because he only turns it on when he can be arsed, because he constantly gives away possession, because he is so difficult to accommodate with his left side 3-man midfield nonsense, because he took a penalty and missed costing us 2 points .... should I go on?

If you are a white man with an audience of millions where you have continually cited abuse towards a player many times whilst also understanding the social and political climate you are living in.

Then yes you are complicit if said player gets continuous abuse from portions of your audience. Whether that is racial or otherwise.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
If you are a white man with an audience of millions where you have continually cited abuse towards a player many times whilst also understanding the social and political climate you are living in.

Then yes you are complicit if said player gets continuous abuse from portions of your audience. Whether that is racial or otherwise.
Then we'll have to agree to disagree.

90 + 5min

They have been, there is and there will always be idiots in our world. No cure can fix that. Although I believe that (most) people who made such comments did that in heat of the moment there is no place for it. Those who abuse anyone because of skincolour, sex, faith, sexuall preference, and so on should be ashamed.

I would also ask that people dont blame Gary Neville. To give critism to a player is not to open door for any kind of absue. There is big difference. People are responsible for their own actions.

jem

He can not be so overly aggressive about his dislike towards pogba he was talking like he was a criminal and its not the first time. In fact he's done it publicly many times not normal complaints but to the point that its clear he has a deep issue with him.
So what has Neville said that ever implied Pogba was a criminal, or anything of the sort? From what I've seen, he's called him selfish (hardly an outrageous complaint,) and had a go at him for celebrating Mourinho's ouster (given the hastily deleted tweet, he was hardly alone in thinking that was ill-advised.) There may be other things he's said, but I've yet to hear of any that deviate from the general sentiments of those two comments (ie. selfish player with questionable social media output.) Some idiot taking those comments and using them to justify his own racist feelings towards Pogba (I'm talking about the guy who walked in the bar,) is hardly Neville's fault.

We can argue all day about the strength of Neville's arguments regarding United, but to hold him in any way responsible for the racist cretins who choose to anonymously attack Pogba is just mindboggling.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Alright boss. keep trolling.
Neville did admit to being one of a number of players at United who were a core of players who were not anything special just a few days ago. He also mentioned, his brother, Fletcher, O'Shea and some other I forget being in the same category.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
You think Gary Neville 'was never a great player'. Not much else I can say if you think that!
No I don't. I think there was much better players around Europe in comparison and I also don't throw the word 'great' around as freely as some of you do. Neville himself admitted he was more than replaceable.

ReallyUSA

Most of the foreign fans online say this stuff. I'm on a lot of sports based forums and this type of behavior is not there.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Neville did admit to being one of a number of players at United who were a core of players who were not anything special just a few days ago. He also mentioned, his brother, Fletcher, O'Shea and some other I forget being in the same category.
I've seen the interview, he meant he was not naturally talented. That doesn't mean Gary Neville wasn't a great player. To have played 650+ games during our must successful era ever by definition makes you a great player.

The context of this is the poster who made this post did so as a way to further demean Neville, along with his racist accusation insinuations, because he adores Pogba.

jem

He's also had numerous rants aimed at Woodward and the United hierarchy in general. Is he complicit in the abuse Woodward gets?

fergiesarmy1

No I don't. I think there was much better players around Europe in comparison and I also don't throw the word 'great' around as freely as some of you do. Neville himself admitted he was more than replaceable.
I think that’s called self deprecation especially if he has to critic fellow professionals, Gary Neville had a period where he was the best right back in the league and his understanding with Beckham was fantastic.

Sultan

I've seen the interview, he meant he was not naturally talented. That doesn't mean Gary Neville wasn't a great player. To have played 650+ games during our must successful era ever by definition makes you a great player.

The context of this is the poster who made this post did so as a way to further demean Neville, along with his racist accusation insinuations, because he adores Pogba.
He was a character and a leader in those great teams and a very capable player to hold his own for so many years. However to call him a great player, I would say its a stretch. Just my opinion.

sveisa

This will never stop unfortunately, as long as different skin complexions exist people will always use it to attack others; even if they aren't necessarily true racists. Real shame!!
Not true, racism today is far less prevalent today than in the past. I get your point, but it's really counter-productive to suggest that we can't do anything about the kind of racism we've seen in the past days.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
He was a character and a leader in those great teams and a very capable player to hold his own for so many years. However to call him a great player, I would say its a stretch. Just my opinion.
And its just my opinion too :)

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I think that’s called self deprecation especially if he has to critic fellow professionals, Gary Neville had a period where he was the best right back in the league and his understanding with Beckham was fantastic.
He had a good understanding with Beckham but my point was he wasn't close in comparison to some of the best RB's who played in the same period. The prem also wasn't anywhere close to being the best in Europe at the time.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Neville was an excellent team player, which is why he was here so long. A real solid pro, with a decent cross.

I think the recent change in the effectiveness of LB and RB (becoming more like wing backs) has altered opinion. It did used to be that these positions could be decent without needing to be spectacular. Always felt to me like the least important part of the team to have world class quality, which might be why so few LB/RB's were put on that pedestal.

Off topic of course.

mancan92

He's also had numerous rants aimed at Woodward and the United hierarchy in general. Is he complicit in the abuse Woodward gets?
Yes the way he has talked about Woodward in the past is clearly not the same as how he has talked about pogba.

Secondly its like you didn't read my post. If you are someone in a position of power or influence and you understand the political and social environment you live in. Then you will know that if you go overboard with criticism or language towards certain people then you will encite others to do so.

So for example if you are overly critical and overly dramatic with your language and aggression towards a black player many times then you are sure to encite some racists to come out of the woodwork to push their agenda.

fergiesarmy1

He had a good understanding with Beckham but my point was he wasn't close in comparison to some of the best RB's who played in the same period. The prem also wasn't anywhere close to being the best in Europe at the time.
What I would give to have someone who can actually cross the ball and not hit the first defender or stick it over the far post.

jem

Yes the way he has talked about Woodward in the past is clearly not the same as how he has talked about pogba.

Secondly its like you didn't read my post. If you are someone in a position of power or influence and you understand the political and social environment you live in. Then you will know that if you go overboard with criticism or language towards certain people then you will encite others to do so.

So for example if you are overly critical and overly dramatic with your language and aggression towards a black player many times then you are sure to encite some racists to come out of the woodwork to push their agenda.
And what is the overly dramatic and/or aggresive language? That Pogba is selfish? I think many would agree that he is. That he should 'do one' for posting a classless selfie after Mourinho's dismissal?

jem

I'm all for calling out pundits who express views that perpetuate stereotypes - the classic example being Merson claiming that Lukaku wasn't as smart as Morata (Lukaku is many things, but stupid isn't one of them.) But I've yet to read anything from Neville that ventures into that territory.

mancan92

And what is the overly dramatic and/or aggresive language? That Pogba is selfish? I think many would agree that he is. That he should 'do one' for posting a classless selfie after Mourinho's dismissal?
If you really believe neville hasn't gone overboard with his criticism of pogba then I don't know what to say.

Look at the venom in which he talks about the guy and has done. Even the likes of caragher have had to calm him down. He's been on a tirade against the guy that much is obvious.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Neville I don't believe is racist at all. But he does have his favourite players and biases.

Enigma_87

You know who
People on the first page blaming Neville :lol:
Mind boggling isn't it?

A thread about Pogba being racially abused turned to shit on Neville and his stature as United player, despite winning everything with the club and receiving multiple accolades during his career.

85 matches for England as well.

But let's shit on him because he has nothing to do with those social media stuff..

Sultan

IIRC that was Adidas who posted that tweet. Neville should have apologised to Pogba.

jem

If you really believe neville hasn't gone overboard with his criticism of pogba then I don't know what to say.

Look at the venom in which he talks about the guy and has done. Even the likes of caragher have had to calm him down. He's been on a tirade against the guy that much is obvious.
I'm still waiting for examples of dramatic and aggressive language. If you're going to accuse somebody of being complicit in racist abuse via their use of language, then I don't think it's too much to ask for examples.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia

Because you have deep issues with Pogba doesn't make what Neville said last night correct.

Last week we had Rashford win the pen and decide to take the pen and the conversation was had with our designated penalty taker. Had he missed the pen we all know that the narrative would not be the same. That Neville would not have gotten personal about the player. Pogba is the only player Neville would take this line with and that's frankly unjust.

If you can't see how putting so much personal focus on one players character constantly might inflame tensions and create agendas then you're simply saying the media have no influence on public opinion.

You have an opinion on the man and not the player, this is where I think fans go wrong. My opinions on strangers (footballers) are based on all it can be, ability and performance. From what I do hear Pogba is the nicest guy around carrington but hey Neville doesn't like him, you don't like him so I guess it's fine for Neville to create a toxic atmosphere once more for the player to cope with, for the club to manage. Because you don't like the individual

Try changing the individual and keep all other factors the same. Do you honestly think you'd feel the same about what Neville has created?

jem

IIRC that was Adidas who posted that tweet. Neville should have apologised to Pogba.
It was posted on his social media account was it not? If so, then he ultimately bears responsibility for what was posted.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Neville I don't believe is racist at all. But he does have his favourite players and biases.
I'm really tired but this doesn't sound right to me. You don't believe he's racist. But? That's just unnecessary to write.

You're normally a really good poster, Adnan.

mancan92

I'm still waiting for examples of dramatic and aggressive language. If you're going to accuse somebody of being complicit in racist abuse via their use of language, then I don't think it's too much to ask for examples.
You have an example yesterday where many people here clearly felt his criticism went over board. He was talking as if pogba had committed treason. But if to you all he said was that pogba is selfish then that's just you. But many people picked up on it instantly and clearly don't think it's normal or fair criticism.