Paul Pogba / turned down United offer of 300k as “nothing”

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
So it's all about the money for you?

United will weigh all this up won't they? They'll have far more qualified people than you or me to figure out what's the best for Manchester United PLC and Manchester United football club.

You still seem absolutely certain a bid would come in for £50 million, I genuinely don't think it will. If it doesn't, then all of your arguments are null and void.

If it does and United reject it then you would assume they have calculated every outcome and possible future investments required for replacements and still decided it was the right thing to do.

If he does leave, then fingers crossed they go and sign a replacement.

In your worst case scenario, Pogba goes on a free. If Pogba goes on a free, I guarantee, we still go out and buy a midfielder, I promise you. Don't worry about the money side of it when the truth is, no one has any feckin idea about the ins and outs of the situation.
The main thing you see in my point should not be about money but about how the club can progress to challenge the league. The club can't progress to that level if the club has no money to sign a midfielder after losing Pogba for free.

The club can continue to progress to challenge the league whether Pogba is cashed in for a new midfielder or Pogba signs a new contract.

My argument wouldn't be null and void because you are forgetting the important part that what stopping Pogba to move to PSG is not only about our demand but also the agent fee demand. I keep saying this multiple times that Pogba has the power to make it clear to his agent and club just like Varane did to Real. There is a reason I repeated this every bloody day :lol:

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
The main thing you see in my point should not be about money but about how the club can progress to challenge the league. The club can't progress to that level if the club has no money to sign a midfielder after losing Pogba for free.

The club can continue to progress to challenge the league whether Pogba is cashed in for a new midfielder or Pogba signs a new contract.

My argument wouldn't be null and void because you are forgetting the important part that what stopping Pogba to move to PSG is not only about our demand but also the agent fee demand. I keep saying this multiple times that Pogba has the power to make it clear to his agent and club just like Varane did to Real. There is a reason I repeated this every bloody day :lol:
I doubt you need to worry about Man Utd has no money to get a replacement next year. The question is whether there is a player with the right quality available to the market next summer willing to join Man Utd.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
I was half joking… the Caf has always been a platform for irrational debate.

But seriously, After 5 years here, has Pogba “done well”? I would say no. Why would you need / want another 5 years?
Yes he has done well. As a team we havent done well and its obvious with price tag Pogba came with, he gets the most blame.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Thought it will be resolved before the season starts... this club from couple of years just can't enter the season fully ready and with clarity what the final shape of the squad / formation will be.

Despite everything, still think we'll receive few offers in the last week of the window.

Mihai

Thought it will be resolved before the season starts... this club from couple of years just can't enter the season fully ready and with clarity what the final shape of the squad / formation will be.

Despite everything, still think we'll receive few offers in the last week of the window.
We should have a deadline for this. I'd rather lose him on a free next year then sell him with no time to buy replacements.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

Unless it's top dollar, we won't sell.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I doubt you need to worry about Man Utd has no money to get a replacement next year. The question is whether there is a player with the right quality available to the market next summer willing to join Man Utd.
Makes no difference mate, whether the concern is United have money or there is no player with the right quality in the market next summer, the end result still the same losing Pogba for free with no replacement.

This summer, there is midfielder with the right quality available in the market. So if we want to move on, better cash in now.

MDFC Manager

Pogba and Mbappe are both free agents in 2022.

What if we entertain a Pogba + 20m trade offer? I don't believe Pogba actually wants to join PSG and Ligue 1, but in a imaginary scenario. Could we tempt Mbappe to our project and make him forget about Real?
If you think Pogba is a diva, and has character flaws, Mbappe is that on a whole different level.

8thWonder

Definitely would be nice, but isn't the reality that every club is like this to some degree? City are looking at buying further and rumoured to be possibly losing Laporte and Bernardo Silva just as one example.

And clarity for the fans and the actual team is different isn't it? While we're all running around like headless chickens in here, it could easily be the case that United have already made their mind up to keep him this summer already, who knows really?

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
If you think Pogba is a diva, and has character flaws, Mbappe is that on a whole different level.
Mbappe is 10 times worse. My guess is Real Madrid will try to sign Mbappe and Pogba for free next summer, and will see if they can land Haaland as well. Mbappe on the right, and Haaland in the middle. Benzema's contract expires next summer too.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
We should have a deadline for this. I'd rather lose him on a free next year then sell him with no time to buy replacements.
We never have these and it's also the reason why some of the deals need to wait sometimes half a year to be completed in or out.
Unless it's top dollar, we won't sell.
What to do then ? The offer comes, even if it's not satisfying, we keep a player who's thinking everyday about his new club, while we need 100% focus, not to mention solid consistency to keep up racing with City, Chelsea and Pool.

Let's get the money and be quick with this divorce. At least we'll gain time to clear the air in dressing room... unless Paul Mino Pogba acting like his usual self and signs the deal with a smile on his face and act surprised why everyone speculate so much about his modest self.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
We never have these and it's also the reason why some of the deals need to wait sometimes half a year to be completed in or out.

What to do then ? The offer comes, even if it's not satisfying, we keep a player who's thinking everyday about his new club, while we need 100% focus, not to mention solid consistency to keep up racing with City, Chelsea and Pool.

Let's get the money and be quick with this divorce. At least we'll gain time to clear the air in dressing room... unless Paul Mino Pogba acting like his usual self and signs the deal with a smile on his face and act surprised why everyone speculate so much about his modest self.
Players leave on a free every time. I don't know how you have come to the conclusion he won't be focused.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Definitely would be nice, but isn't the reality that every club is like this to some degree? City are looking at buying further and rumoured to be possibly losing Laporte and Bernardo Silva just as one example.

And clarity for the fans and the actual team is different isn't it? While we're all running around like headless chickens in here, it could easily be the case that United have already made their mind up to keep him this summer already, who knows really ?
Could be the case and Ole doesn't seem the sarcastic type, when saying he enjoyed his time working with Paul.

Something could change in last weeks though, especially with Camavinga possibility stalling. Ole seems patient for now, but when season kicks in and matches every three days will become normality, there won't much time for negotiation tactics. We'll need some sort of squad with at least one creative outlet in midfield, accompanied with holding one with tons of stamina, ready to play 40+ matches.

8thWonder

Makes no difference mate, whether the concern is United have money or there is no player with the right quality in the market next summer, the end result still the same losing Pogba for free with no replacement.

This summer, there is midfielder with the right quality available in the market. So if we want to move on, better cash in now.
Why aren't we buying a midfielder if he leaves on a free? This makes no sense...

What if he signs the contract in November?

What if we don't want to move on but our preferance is to keep him?

What if we let Pogba go on a free but we get Goretzka on a free in return? Does that still mean we can't move on?

What if Pogba has let everyone know at the club his situation, whatever it is, and we have made some informed decisions behind the scenes?

So many questions!!!

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Players leave on a free every time. I don't know how you have come to the conclusion he won't be focused.
I don't know how can you act surprised of Paul Pogba and his agent.

Sure players leave on free every time, Herrera and now possibly Pogba, but I don't necessarily want this to become a normality, especially in mind of building a deep & quality squad.

northernfan

I'm not a fan of Pogba' s game, however, if the funds from a sale are not being used to bring in a competive midfielder then whats the point. Keep him and play him in F.A and other secondary games. If something happens to Bruno, then he's there in a pinch.

8thWonder

Could be the case and Ole doesn't seem the sarcastic type, when saying he enjoyed his time working with Paul.

Something could change in last weeks though, especially with Camavinga possibility stalling. Ole seems patient for now, but when season kicks in and matches every three days will become normality, there won't much time for negotiation tactics. We'll need some sort of squad with at least one creative outlet in midfield, accompanied with holding one with tons of stamina, ready to play 40+ matches.
Despite me believing he will stay past the summer, I certainly don't rule a move out either.

So something definitely could change. But I'd have thought if they were discussing it with interested clubs then they'll let them know that we won't sell if it's too late in the market for that exact reason. Very similar to Dortmund with us last year.

Give us time to find a replacement or let's move on to next year already, fee or no fee...

8thWonder

I don't know how can you act surprised of Paul Pogba and his agent.

Sure players leave on free every time, Herrera and now possibly Pogba, but I don't necessarily want this to become a normality, especially in mind of building a deep & quality squad.
It's happening across Europe and is getting more and more popular because no clubs have money at the moment and the players who are wanting to move or get better contracts have no power.

This is their only/best way of getting some bargaining power in terms of contract negotiations or moving clubs.

I genuinely think it will become a common occurence.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Despite me believing he will stay past the summer, I certainly don't rule a move out either.

So something definitely could change. But I'd have thought if they were discussing it with interested clubs then they'll let them know that we won't sell if it's too late in the market for that exact reason. Very similar to Dortmund with us last year.

Give us time to find a replacement or let's move on to next year already, fee or no fee...
Thankfully this time it's fairly more relaxing situation with two cracking players in the bag before August. Whole month to find replacement or further strengthening of already what we possess.

It's happening across Europe and is getting more and more popular because no clubs have money at the moment and the players who are wanting to move or get better contracts have no power.

This is their only/best way of getting some bargaining power in terms of contract negotiations or moving clubs.

I genuinely think it will become a common occurence.
I genuinely think Pogba money more or less would stabilize our situation, especially before big hunt after striker next season.

We should really deal with him a year earlier, it's quite baffling with the club of such a huge marketing department can't manage a player of high appeal to media and advertising. Giving him away for free just doesn't sit with me on so many levels.

If he signs new deal, this could really show the club is in full control of their biggest stars, but in the same time another big task for Ole to manage a player like Paul, so sometimes I do understand why it looks so complicated.

OrcaFat

I’m still not sure how I feel about the idea of him leaving on a free, assuming we’ve offered market rate or better terms for extension.

I know players often let their contracts run down and there is some risk to the player, for example injury or loss of form / status. But I’m still stuck on the idea that there is a moral obligation on the player to try his best to return value to the club over his contract. An important question there is whether clubs default to the assumption that there will be no residual value from any contract; I suppose they do.

So after all it’s not a disaster if he goes for free next year and I think I will only get really annoyed if he starts phoning it in.

I seem to have come full circle because despite my opinion that he is sometimes unmitigatedly rubbish, I really want him to sign an extension.

laughtersassassin

Can we please just sign a DM this summer?
We really want to be playing McFred when we could be playing this guy and a real DM in most games?

That way we should be able to compete and if Pogba does leave next season will only need one replacement and not two.

laughtersassassin

I’m still not sure how I feel about the idea of him leaving on a free, assuming we’ve offered market rate or better terms for extension.

I know players often let their contracts run down and there is some risk to the player, for example injury or loss of form / status. But I’m still stuck on the idea that there is a moral obligation on the player to try his best to return value to the club over his contract. An important question there is whether clubs default to the assumption that there will be no residual value from any contract; I suppose they do.

So after all it’s not a disaster if he goes for free next year and I think I will only get really annoyed if he starts phoning it in.

I seem to have come full circle because despite my opinion that he is sometimes unmitigatedly rubbish, I really want him to sign an extension.
He has never once phoned it in so no need to worry about that.

He is almost always the person on the ball the most when we play.

saivet

Pogba's wife has put a picture on her instagram story with a caption of... 'Manchester ❤'

choccy77

So United set a price of £50m for Pogba.

Therefore, I expect him to leave next summer for nothing.

PSG, Juventus will happily wait and save their money.

laughtersassassin

So United set a price of £50m for Pogba.

Therefore, I expect him to leave next summer for nothing.

PSG, Juventus will happily wait and save their money.
Apparently our price is much closer to 75 and rightly so

Zero reason to sell him for 50 mil imo.

Would rather have for a season and risk losing for free and sounds like the club would too by all reports.

RedTiger

Half mast

Can we please just sign a DM this summer?
We really want to be playing McFred when we could be playing this guy and a real DM in most games?

That way we should be able to compete and if Pogba does leave next season will only need one replacement and not two.
He's laughing at us goddammit! Look at how he points to Daniel as if saying "you expect me to play with him"?!

On a serious note, we absolutely need that DM forget the RB. Aside from Matic, our last DM signing was Schneiderlin. Schneiderlin.

theklr

He's laughing at us goddammit! Look at how he points to Daniel as if saying "you expect me to play with him"?!

On a serious note, we absolutely need that DM forget the RB. Aside from Matic, our last DM signing was Schneiderlin. Schneiderlin.
No way we can afford a proper DM this window. He’ll play on LW

choccy77

Apparently our price is much closer to 75 and rightly so

Zero reason to sell him for 50 mil imo.

Would rather have for a season and risk losing for free and sounds like the club would too by all reports.
75 Euros is around £50m

United are never going to get £75m for Pogba.

OrcaFat

75 Euros is around £50m

United are never going to get £75m for Pogba.
Nor will we get £50m in my opinion. At the moment he’s worth more to us than to anyone else I should think. I think he’ll stay but probably not rush into signing a new contract.

choccy77

And I don't think we want to.

Again it's fairly clear the club feel another year of Pogba is worth the risk of losing him for free.
Of course, but they still have a minimum price set.

United ideally want to recoup some money back for him.

In a perfect world, Pogba should be paying us some money back.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
The fake outrage at Raiola on here is clear to see if you do a quick post check in transfer threads involving his agents when they’re linked to us.
Personally, I don't think we should refuse to deal with Raiola just because he's a cnutish loudmouth - certainly not. If the player is right, the player is right - don't give two fecks who his agent is (most agents are cnutish enough, in one way or another, I'm sure).

The bottom line here is very clear and simple, though: Raiola has made comments about Manchester United that are clearly disrespectful. Nobody can act surprised that United fans don't like the twat - nor that they find it a bit unsavoury that he keeps spouting this shite (he's been at it for years, back and forth) whilst Pogba does nothing to shut him up.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Yes he clearly is going to publicly shame and slam his agent isn’t he.

Swear people think the footballing business is like a football video game
Publicly? Obviously not.

He could have a word with him privately, though.

He obviously hasn't - given that Raiola's been at it ever since Pogba moved to Juve back in the day.

OrcaFat

Of course, but they still have a minimum price set.

United ideally want to recoup some money back for him.

In a perfect world, Pogba should be paying us some money back.
The club would take £75m in a heartbeat if he’s not going to sign an extension here. I would be surprised if £50m was turned down in that scenario.

He’s great but economics must come into this and a big part of our management ethos is future planning. One year of Pogba vs £50m (plus whatever wages he’d collect) would not be an easy decision, I don’t think.