Paul Pogba / turned down United offer of 300k as “nothing”

Jev

Does the thread title change mean the Liverpool rumour is coming from credible sources? The article I saw at first was from a crappy source that didn't warrant a new thread title. Anything changed?

spiriticon

But that's my point. Raiola doesn't have such a hold over his clients that he dictates where and when they move. If he tried that without their consent they'd tell him to feck off and find someone else.

If he's plotting the next move already, that's because Haaland (or Pogba, or whoever) wants it too. He is just the guy facilitating it. I don't think that would be the case anyway, Haaland's previous move was different because of the stage he was at in his career. He needed a stepping stone club where he could develop, now he's a big fish.
Maybe Raiola doesn't chain them on a leash and pull them out the door per se, but you can bet he's whispering all their options in their ear on a daily basis.

Personally, if I am a club buying a Raiola player, I would factor in a high probability that contract renewals will be a pain in the arse and also a high probability the player will leave for less than market price eventually. Great for the buying club, never the selling club.

laughtersassassin

So CAF just chooses to believe any single report and make it a thread title.

No wonder you all get so worked up about fake events.

There is no more credibility in that report than in me saying Pogba signed a "20 Year Contract"

Spielmacher

Does the thread title change mean the Liverpool rumour is coming from credible sources? The article I saw at first was from a crappy source that didn't warrant a new thread title. Anything changed?
Things like those are never credible.

Either Raiola leaked it to put pressure on United to pay more, or United leaked it, to sour Pogba's relationship with the fans, to limit the backlash if we sell him.

laughtersassassin

Of course it doesn't mate. The Irrational Pogba hate machine must roll on regardless of the fact it's all a load of shite.

laughtersassassin

Things like those are never credible.

Either Raiola leaked it to put pressure on United to pay more, or United leaked it, to sour Pogba's relationship with the fans, to limit the backlash if we sell him.
99% chance your wrong on both counts and a randomer just made it up for the laugh.

It's like the Pogba rejected contract story a week ago. It was by one Journo who was caught out lying last year. Yet everyone just shows to believe it and the figures included.

Spielmacher

99% chance your wrong on both counts and a randomer just made it up for the laugh.

It's like the Pogba rejected contract story a week ago. It was by one Journo who was caught out lying last year. Yet everyone just shows to believe it and the figures included.
Or for clicks. Either way it's not to be taken seriously.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
That's not exactly fair though. There can be numerous factors behind him wanting to move, such as playing in a position he finds most comfortable, wanting to experience more in his career, and if we're honest, standing more of a chance of winning a CL (the team they are building there seems to definitely be assembled for the short-term immediate ambition of winning the CL).
It's been what, seven years and a billion spent? Secondly, he has been played in positions he likes, he just hasn't performed when we have played him in multiple different roles.

Infestissumam

fecking circus. Hopefully PSG comes in with intent soon.

I also second the "never sign a Raiola client again" sentiments.

laughtersassassin

Or for clicks. Either way it's not to be taken seriously.
Exactly.

People always complain about the circus around Pogba but fail to realise the Circus is fake.

90% of it is made up shite to generate clicks and reactions. And places like this form buy into it wholeheartedly.

That is how the hate started.

Eventually growing into conspiracies so mental that people where sure he was faking an injury and would never play again.

It's actually insanity.

UnitedFan93

Maybe Raiola doesn't chain them on a leash and pull them out the door per se, but you can bet he's whispering all their options in their ear on a daily basis.

Personally, if I am a club buying a Raiola player, I would factor in a high probability that contract renewals will be a pain in the arse and also a high probability the player will leave for less than market price eventually. Great for the buying club, never the selling club.
Exactly this

Hopefully the club stops doing business with Raiola moving forward. He comes with too much baggage (literally!)

hobbers

He already offered him to City the last time there was contract wrangling.

Means nothing. This is angling for the best possible deal from PSG now or Real next year.

Raiola is a disgusting cretin.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Liverpool are planning ahead to not be in a place to offer Salah and Mane above market wages. There’s no way they can afford Pogba or offer him more than he’s being offered at United.

Infestissumam

Exactly.

People always complain about the circus around Pogba but fail to realise the Circus is fake.

90% of it is made up shite to generate clicks and reactions. And places like this form buy into it wholeheartedly.

That is how the hate started.

Eventually growing into conspiracies so mental that people where sure he was faking an injury and would never play again.

It's actually insanity.
mate, Raiola started the biggest fecking circus on the eve of a decisive CL game.

I agree a lot of the noise is fake, but still, Raiola and Pogba have shown again and again that they don't give a shite about the club and I'm so fecking tired of people defending it.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
If he refuse to leave or sign contract extension this summer, I’ll just let him rot in reserve as punishment.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
These sort of comments never fail to give me a good giggle.
So what do you expect? Let him play us twice leaving us for free again, after we’ve bought him back for 89m? We need to show him and put him into misery.

laughtersassassin

mate, Raiola started the biggest fecking circus on the eve of a decisive CL game.

I agree a lot of the noise is fake, but still, Raiola and Pogba have shown again and again that they don't give a shite about the club and I'm so fecking tired of people defending it.
I'd put it at 15% Raiola, 5% Media and the rest gullible/irrational fans who are tricked or just looking for something to get up in arms about.

This Liverpool fake rumour for example.

There isn't even a real source and it's being assumed to be true. Thats literally insane.

Add to that it makes no sense for Raiola to do if anyone thought about it.

Liverpool can't afford him so Raiola would never bother try use them to bargain.

And Pogba has shown plenty of times he cares about the Club. Who cares what Raiola thinks.

CM

The thing is Haaland has already in his mind that he wants to be a player that gets to play in both the La Liga and the PL - so him coming here and being loyal to us even after a 200 million transfer fee isn't very realistic.

It's why players go for Raiola, because the players are able to get what they want.

As I have said before- having Raiola as your agent says something about you as a player. Pogba, Zlatan, Haaland, Lingard, Lukaku, Balotelli etc - there is something mouldy about the personality that I dont like about most of his clients.
Well at this point in time Madrid are going all out for Mbappe and Barcelona are in financial ruin. The English game is in a much better state right now, on and off the pitch.

As long as we are successful that would allay most concerns about players wanting to leave. Barcelona and Madrid's successes are why they're seen as the endgame transfer for many players. And that looks like it could be changing in the coming years, certainly in the case of Barcelona.

I don't buy this thing of refusing to sign Raiola clients even if it's at the expense of assembling a better team.

laughtersassassin

It's so funny seeing people judge Pogba for leaving for game time the first time.

Just so you know you should all hate Sancho cause he done the same thing to City. Must mean he will snake us next.

The truth is they where both correct in doing so. Both where ready to play but weren't being given the game time.

Infestissumam

And Pogba has shown plenty of times he cares about the Club. Who cares what Raiola thinks.
again, I'd point to Raiolas comments before the Leipzig game. You know what is actually insane? People blindly blaming Raiola for this stuff without realizing that he acts on behalf of his client. Raiola doesn't come out with this crap without Pogba being okay with it. You add his constant flirting with Real when he's on international duty and it doesn't exactly paint a picture of a guy who cares about the club.

I don't care about the Liverpool link, it's 100% made up BS. Doesn't change the fact that I want him sold ASAP ... simply not worth the hassle.

GMoore23

I'd love him at pool. They'd have no chance at the league title with Pogba jogging around week in week out.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I don't know why the thread title was changed. Clickbait like that belongs on shit websites desperate for gullible people to click their links, not supposedly the best Man Utd fan forum (widely considered the best football forum) on the net. The Liverpool links are obviously either complete rubbish made up by one of the afore-mentioned websites (by far the most likely scenario) or Raiola was discussing something with a Liverpool representative and Pogba's name was bought up for a moment. Instead the mods are now encouraging idiots to get angry, implying that Raiola is actually trying to make it happen.

nuanced

loves geopolitical narrative
Liverpool being interested in Pogba is just as outlandish as the past rumour of them chasing MBappe. Imagine how limited Raiola's options must be that he has to use Liverpool to get a better contract from United/PSG.

laughtersassassin

:lol: people will believe anything
I don't know why the thread title was changed. Clickbait like that belongs on shit websites desperate for gullible people to click their links, not supposedly the best Man Utd fan forum (widely considered the best football forum) on the net. The Liverpool links are obviously either complete rubbish made up by one of the afore-mentioned websites (by far the most likely scenario) or Raiola was discussing something with a Liverpool representative and Pogba's name was bought up for a moment. Instead the mods are now encouraging idiots to get angry, implying that Raiola is actually trying to make it happen.
Well said.

bosskeano

You're the guy who in the Euros thread was saying that the passes Pogba was making were simple passes when he was making some great through balls. You clearly have an agenda against Pogba regardless of how well he plays.
i also said his goal was a world class finish and gave him his props for the two outside the foot passes against germany and portugal that were sublime.

some of those thru passes that everyone were gushing about, for a player of his quality or any top CM, he should be able to split a CB and outside back. You'd be disappointed if he couldn't make that pass to be fair.

i have an agenda against any player for united that puts on the shirt and doesn't live up to his expectations and doesn't put in a max effort shift everytime he steps on to the pitch.

No different than my criticisms of becks towards the end of his time at united, martial and his lacklustre performances, berba for his laziness...i could go on but i think my agenda is pretty clear now.