Paul Pogba / turned down United offer of 300k as “nothing”

spiriticon

I would love to see Pogba do the gegenpressing carthorse work that Wijnaldum, Milner or Henderson does for the team :lol:

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
He wants £400k+ pw, doesn't he? Also, the thought of Pogba swanning about in a Klopp midfield is rather amusing.
This is a non starter, but just for the sake of it; Think our best paid players make 200k pw. There’s is no scenario where we sign Pogba and pay him double that or even close to it. And while he fits the bill of the kind of player I’d like to add to our midfield, I could never see him and Klopp working together.

prateik

this is so obvious.. desperate attempt to get more money be threatening to go to a rival.. Cheslea would have made more sense..

No one is buying the Liverpool link.. imagine Pogba trying to "gegenpress"

Revan

Assumptionman
To be fair, a lot of that stuff happened under Mourinho and if he were still the manager I'd agree that Pogba getting a bumper deal would be most likely (if they liked each other). I think it's pretty common knowledge at this point De Gea's on the way out also, which brings our wages down considerably. Lingard getting a new deal is fine as long as he starts putting in performances like he did at West Ham, also at the moment, no one wants to buy him for the prices we're quoting so it makes sense for him to renew, we can always sell him next summer if it doesn't work out this year again.
United used your exact same logic to offer contracts to Jones, Rojo and Bailly. Pay stupid money to players who aren’t good enough as even squad players, to only get surprised that it became impossible to sell them.

If we do that with Lingard, we are going to get stuck with him till the end of his contract.

CM

I don't like Raiola as much as the next guy but this idea that he's acting out on his own is fanciful.

He's carrying out the wishes of the player. If Pogba took issue with how Raiola conducts himself, all of this would've been shut down years ago, Pogba would've signed a new deal and changed agents.

Judas

Open to offers
I don't like Raiola as much as the next guy but this idea that he's acting out on his own is fanciful.

He's carrying out the wishes of the player. If Pogba took issue with how Raiola conducts himself, all of this would've been shut down years ago, Pogba would've signed a new deal and changed agents.
Is anyone disputing that at this point? He works for Pogba, Pogba calls the shots.

Eadesface1990

If the stall in contract talks is all about money, then I think we should cash in now. Another big contract for him won't stop this circus, which occurs every single transfer window.

He's not done much during his time here to justify another pay rise. I'm not doubting his quality, but it's so inconsistent and the baggage that's with him, it just feels like a massive chore.

Infra-red

This is a non starter, but just for the sake of it; Think our best paid players make 200k pw. There’s is no scenario where we sign Pogba and pay him double that or even close to it. And while he fits the bill of the kind of player I’d like to add to our midfield, I could never see him and Klopp working together.
It does seem vanishingly unlikely. Raiola will also be looking for a mega signing fee for bringing Pogba on a free transfer to wherever he ends up (I think he personally made €20m off the Donnarumma deal).

CM

Is anyone disputing that at this point? He works for Pogba, Pogba calls the shots.
There are plenty saying we should never buy a Raiola player again. As I say, I don't like him, but the implication that it's driven by him is wrong.

RedDevilzFox

There are plenty saying we should never buy a Raiola player again. As I say, I don't like him, but the implication that it's driven by him is wrong.
It was never driven by Raiola unilaterally. At the very least, PP consents to it. Worst case, he instigates it.

spiriticon

Regardless of whether these shenanigans are driven by Pogba or not, we should never buy a Raiola player again. It's never good news with Raiola once the player has joined your team.

UnitedFan93

If Pogba wants over £400k a week, he and his agent can do one. If no club is willing to pay £50-60 million this summer, United should let him leave for free next summer. It's more important that we keep our wage structure under control, just look what's happening at Barca. Maguire and Bruno, our two most important players, should be paid the most in our squad. If we start handing silly money out to Pogba, it will create all sorts of problems in the squad.

CM

Regardless of whether these shenanigans are driven by Pogba or not, we should never buy a Raiola player again. It's never good news with Raiola once the player has joined your team.
I can't help but feel some will change their tune if there's a big striker shaped hole in our team next year and Haaland is attainable.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
:lol: Liverpool can't afford him nor does he suit them. But I wouldn't put it fast the cuntface to try even this.

RuudTom83

You'd like to think United have been aware Pogba might want to leave when his contract expires for the last 2 seasons...and have planned accordingly.

RedDevilzFox

As much as I hate Raiola, and the whole circus surrounding Pogba I think we should try to keep him for a number of reasons (Even though it would feel like a weight has been lifted off our shoulders if he left)

1) If we lose him on a free which seems most likely we would have to pay through the nose to get anyone of that quality - granted he doesn't always do it but look at what £50m Fred has brought to the team - I can't see us getting anyone equal too or better without spending out much more money overall.

2) If we finally manage to get a decent midfield partner for him and change our playing style (As has been rumoured) I feel like we could unlock more of his good qualities that often came out in a French/Juve shirt with a suitable partner to make up for his negatives.

3) It will leave us on better terms with Raiola and show more ambition which I'm hoping will help our pursuit of Haaland next year.
"Anyone of that quality" - Check
"Doesn't always do it" - Check
"Change our playing style to unlock him" - Check
"Get him a partner to bring about his good qualities" - Check

Yes, I think we are talking about Paul Pogba.

spiriticon

I can't help but feel some will change their tune if there's a big striker shaped hole in our team next year and Haaland is attainable.
Sure we could make an exception for Haaland, but you know Raiola will be plotting Haaland's next move already even before he signs on the dotted line.

I wouldn't bank on more than a year or two of Haaland's service if he comes. Depends on what clauses Raiola wants in the contract. If there is a low fee release clause, he's gone even before he starts.

Jaxa

Please let him sign for Pool

Just to see Souness's head literally blow up would be great

But seriously, Pogba's career is fecking tainted having that sh*t stain of a man as his agent, Pogba is a massive brand, massive player, he doesn't need Raiola, he could have bob from Salford Quays manage him and would still get great contracts and pretty much his selection of clubs that he wants, Haaland needs to du a Lukaku and cut that virus off asap before it's too late

RedDevilzFox

You make exceptions for exceptional players. Haaland looks like such a player.
I thought we made exceptions for PP too. Its not like people didn't know Raiola when we signed PP. It just turns out PP is not as exceptional as we thought he was.

Withnail

Imagine moving clubs and the only tangible benefit is that your agent gets paid £30m.

Clubs better wise up. Only takes a few to take a stand and when they stop returning Mino's calls and suddenly the players will drop him.
I think Pogba might get some of that pot. I don't believe that the agent fees only go to the agent, especially when you're looking at the crazy money someone like Raiola demands.

Oranges038

this is so obvious.. desperate attempt to get more money be threatening to go to a rival.. Cheslea would have made more sense..

No one is buying the Liverpool link.. imagine Pogba trying to "gegenpress"
It would make even less sense than the Thiago signing.

Clearly an attempt to stir other suitors into action and try to force Utd's hand into offering a bigger deal.

Personally I could care less if Pogba leaves. He's a good player, but for all his talents you still have to figure out ways to shoe horn him into the team where he won't be a massive liability. He's not worth the hassle or the money or the Raiola circus that comes with him.

RedDevilzFox

I think Pogba might get some of that pot. I don't believe that the agent fees only go to the agent, especially when you're looking at the crazy money someone like Raiola demands.
Agreed. Players must be getting in on that action, makes no sense why some high profile players keep Raiola around otherwise. They don't need him unless he was bringing in the dough.

Delano

Cannot see Pogba playing in a Klopp system. Not in a million years. His half arsed pressing would see him on the bench after 2 games.

CM

Sure we could make an exception for Haaland, but you know Raiola will be plotting Haaland's next move already even before he signs on the dotted line.

I wouldn't bank on more than a year or two of Haaland's service if he comes. Depends on what clauses Raiola wants in the contract. If there is a low fee release clause, he's gone even before he starts.
But that's my point. Raiola doesn't have such a hold over his clients that he dictates where and when they move. If he tried that without their consent they'd tell him to feck off and find someone else.

If he's plotting the next move already, that's because Haaland (or Pogba, or whoever) wants it too. He is just the guy facilitating it. I don't think that would be the case anyway, Haaland's previous move was different because of the stage he was at in his career. He needed a stepping stone club where he could develop, now he's a big fish.

Spielmacher

Why would Raiola think that's a good negotiation tactic?

Confirms that Pogba is still considering to stay though.

Morpheus 7

Still find it funny that people blame Mino for all this, innocent Paul. So disrespectful to United. Yes the owners haven't delivered to build a team since he came, but there are ways of doing things. Pogba wonders why fans have never really warmed to him at Old Trafford. This crap will be going on in a few months even if signs an insane contract.

not too hard to work that one mate, use your brain ffs.
Mate you're arguing that the fact that everyone says he's really good to have in the dressing room is actually evidence that he's a toxic presence in the dressing room. You're arguing like a conspiracy theorist and saying that evidence that he is good is actually evidence that he is bad. And then you're not even making an argument to support your point, you're just saying 'use your brain'.

You'd fail a critical thinking class. It's a bit rich that you'd tell others to use their brain, when you haven't even bothered to explain your own position.

Last edited:

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
But that's my point. Raiola doesn't have such a hold over his clients that he dictates where and when they move. If he tried that without their consent they'd tell him to feck off and find someone else.

If he's plotting the next move already, that's because Haaland (or Pogba, or whoever) wants it too. He is just the guy facilitating it. I don't think that would be the case anyway, Haaland's previous move was different because of the stage he was at in his career. He needed a stepping stone club where he could develop, now he's a big fish.
The thing is Haaland has already in his mind that he wants to be a player that gets to play in both the La Liga and the PL - so him coming here and being loyal to us even after a 200 million transfer fee isn't very realistic.

It's why players go for Raiola, because the players are able to get what they want.

As I have said before- having Raiola as your agent says something about you as a player. Pogba, Zlatan, Haaland, Lingard, Lukaku, Balotelli etc - there is something mouldy about the personality that I dont like about most of his clients.