Paul Pogba / turned down United offer of 300k as “nothing”

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Of course Pogba will wait until January to max out the preassure, we shouldn't give to that. Either sign right now or sell him before the window closes.

While Pogba has the upper hand he is not in such a strong position, he's had a poor injury record recently, about to turn 29 so no real resell value and covid practically wiped out his chances of joining Juve, Barca or Madrid. His only option is PSG, and the french know it. They dont need to offer ridiculous wages, and we shouldn't either.
You can't sign him right now or sell him without his consent. He has all the power and if he wants to run down the contract he can do it.

Right now joining Juve, Madrid, or Barca is impossible but that may not be the case next summer.

gorky_utd

Pretty sure Raiola and Pogba wants to delay the decision until January. They just want to see what type of contract they can get. He might renew, but the cost will be more than what Real paid for Alaba. It is mostly about money, whoever pays them the most, he will sign for them.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Feck me you lot are too much. Reading some of the posts in here and it's full of (suspected) wummery, rage and posters going OTT. Redcafe...

Deery

Dreary
So he’s going to potentially cost the club £50m next year if he leaves for free cause nobody wants to pay a fee for him, then see where offers are coming from next season :mad:

Thanks for the commitment.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
https://www.whoscored.com/Players/97752/History/Paul-Pogba

According to this, he’s declined the last two seasons to 7.18 and 7.06 in PL matches. I personally think that match ratings are just one data point. They tend to reward the sublime performance and washout average and poor performances.

Is this a “but” response? Cherry-picking his first three seasons, not including the last two? The reason we finished 2nd last season and 3rd the season before was because of the play of Bruno, Maguire and Rashford. Pogba was injured and played relatively less minutes compared with previous seasons.
Absolutely fair and appreciate your view on it. But the original post I quoted wasnt looking just at match ratings, was it?

We can all agree his consistency has been dodgy, but when he turns up he is a force to be reckoned with.

ghagua

It feels like Zidane wanted him more than Madrid did. When they want a player, the world knows it. Also the underwhelming feeling he is staying as nobody will pay for him where he wants to go
I think PSG will want him, and both Juventus and Inter Milan will be interested if they can get him for free next summer.

RedDevil@84

I think PSG will want him, and both Juventus and Inter Milan will be interested if they can get him for free next summer.
Everyone would want him for free of course. But he will only go where he would get maximum salary and his agent gets lots of money.

gorky_utd

No body is getting him for free. The agent fee, sign on bonus will probably be more than what Real paid to Alaba. If United pays him, he will gladly renew. Raiola is after the biggest contract.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
In favour or against him posts? Or a fine balance of the two...
Tbf the Pogba Stans tend to be pretty chill from what I've seen. I remember the Ronaldo threads back in the day, similar but posters seem more unhinged this time around...

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Is it possible that those sneaky buggers in Madrid have already got an agreement to take Pogba on a Freebie nest Summer?
Couldn't they also get Camavinga and Mbappe on Freebies next Summer too..?

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Tbf the Pogba Stans tend to be pretty chill from what I've seen. I remember the Ronaldo threads back in the day, similar but posters seem more unhinged this time around...
It's a sensitive world we live in friend. Criticise the colour of their laces and you will be eaten up :lol: .

I wasnt on here when Ronnie left, but did read the threads and they got verrry heated

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
We need to do what we can to keep pogba and use the funds from other sales to bring in a DM. If we wanna win and compete with the best we need to keep the best players and sign players to improve the Current squad.

DSG

Absolutely fair and appreciate your view on it. But the original post I quoted wasnt looking just at match ratings, was it?

We can all agree his consistency has been dodgy, but when he turns up he is a force to be reckoned with.
Oh, he has moments when he is sublime. Moments where there are 2-3 players in the world who can make that pass… But we are talking about a huge financial commitment for a player that is declining and is inconsistent. I’m happy to get a fee this summer, or let him leave on a free, and take our 350k/week and spend it on players that will help us win the league.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Oh, he has moments when he is sublime. Moments where there are 2-3 players in the world who can make that pass… But we are talking about a huge financial commitment for a player that is declining and is inconsistent. I’m happy to get a fee this summer, or let him leave on a free, and take our 350k/week and spend it on players that will help us win the league.
Very true, for £90m you expect a consistent 7/8 out of 10. I guess im a sucker waiting for the "when" of that part.

Out of curiosity. We get the supposed £40m for him, where do we go to replace him with an upgrade? Of course we have no clue of the overall budget, but whos the guy?

theklr

Very true, for £90m you expect a consistent 7/8 out of 10. I guess im a sucker waiting for the "when" of that part.

Out of curiosity. We get the supposed £40m for him, where do we go to replace him with an upgrade? Of course we have no clue of the overall budget, but whos the guy?
Saul has been mostly linked as an replacement for Pogba..

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Money. There is an opportunity to get a big fat, long contract. Dragging it longer, means more desperation by the club and more money. He knows United very well. In the end, we will pay silly money.
I don't doubt it for a second, but could you really fault him for that?

bosskeano

He and Mino want a big fat pay day signing bonus which both will get when he goes into the free market....fuk that, sell his ass or put him in the reserves

saivet

I really can’t understand why Pogba wouldn’t renew at this point. His Real Madrid dream ain’t happening and to be honest La Liga’s top two are in total disarray. PSG won’t be offering him much more than United are and the league is a big step down (question marks over Mbappe also)

For the first time in nearly a decade, United’s team is actually looking capable of challenging and I’m sure Pogba realises that!
We look like a team that can challenge on paper but if he signed and we're shit this season, he'd probably regret signing a new contract. A proper title challenge and/or good run in the CL and I think there's a good chance he signs a new contract.

Nicolarra90

I change my mind on the Pogba situation every other week.

Some weeks I want him and his agent gone so we can finally move on. He has never really reached the expectations of him considering his ability.

Other weeks, I'd love it if he extended his contract and we can see him play in the middle of this new star filled team. It would also mean we could still sell him next year and would at least be guaranteed good money.

TBH I'm swaying towards wanting him to stay.
I can relate to that. In fact I think most of us do.

Don't think many people really dislike him. It's talking through the pain and unmatched expectations, but then there's always hope it'll turn around.

Then hope is what kills us.

He and Mino want a big fat pay day signing bonus which both will get when he goes into the free market....fuk that, sell his ass or put him in the reserves
United can't force him to sign for someone else.

Will be interesting to see the reaction he gets at OT if he is just running his contract down.

How any club or Manager could trust a player in those circumstances is beyond me.

hobbers

Have his cake and eat it day.

I would have no problem with him doing all this were it not for the fact it isn't really him doing all this, it's the greaseball who's trying to wait and see which club will pay him the biggest commission for doing feck all.

Sting

Either sell him now or bench him all season long then we will see how much PSG will offer him when they get him on a freebie. What an absolute mercenary he is

gazbradley

I like Pogba but this needs sorting before the start of the season, if he’s not fully committed to the club we need to move on. It’s a huge season for Ole and it’s not fair on him to have to answer questions every week about if he’s staying or not. I’m sure there would be plenty of takers if he was available for £30 mil or so and I get the feeling that’s what PSG will likely offer late in the window.
It’s a shame it hasn’t worked out how we all hoped but unfortunately his time here is gonna be remembered more for his off the field transfer rumours than what he achieved on the pitch

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Pretty clear no one else is going to take him on for the money, certainly not this window. He must realise there aren’t many options out there for him and, reading the latest rumours, it seems he’s open to staying now, or at least it’s some PR because he knows he’s stuck with us for the imminent future. Either way, it is what it is. I will say I would almost be sick in my mouth at us rewarding him with anything above £350k per week mind you, but I have no control over that so I won’t sweat it.

Him going or staying doesn’t really matter much to me either way. He’ll never be my favourite United player but there’s no doubting his talent either. I wonder if the addition of some more top class stars will motivate him. But that is probably what pisses me off, he’s paid to be motivated regardless but I guess that’s another argument.

Anyway, let’s just hope we can add another deeper lying playmaker if we are going to be lining up with Pogba. McFred aren’t the ones to be on the pitch with Bruno and Pogba at the same time.

Sort it out Ole.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
There's only q and r between P and S so bye Paul and hello Saul. :)

croadyman

Pretty clear no one else is going to take him on for the money, certainly not this window. He must realise there aren’t many options out there for him and, reading the latest rumours, it seems he’s open to staying now, or at least it’s some PR because he knows he’s stuck with us for the imminent future. Either way, it is what it is. I will say I would almost be sick in my mouth at us rewarding him with anything above £350k per week mind you, but I have no control over that so I won’t sweat it.

Him going or staying doesn’t really matter much to me either way. He’ll never be my favourite United player but there’s no doubting his talent either. I wonder if the addition of some more top class stars will motivate him. But that is probably what pisses me off, he’s paid to be motivated regardless but I guess that’s another argument.

Anyway, let’s just hope we can add another deeper lying playmaker if we are going to be lining up with Pogba. McFred aren’t the ones to be on the pitch with Bruno and Pogba at the same time.

Sort it out Ole.
Who should we add as the other deeper lying playmaker that cannot afford to dally on the ball like Pogba has a terrible habit of doing in those very dangerous positions

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
The ego of this player and agent holds no bounds. Last year of his deal and still no takers for him. Probably available for as low as £40-45m and still nobody wants him. What does that say about him? This apparent PSG interest is seemingly not true either. They have already pushed on with 3 to 4 other signings this summer.

If KDB had one year left on his deal you'd have a queue as long as the M60 to sign him.

If we give him 400k a week we need our heads checking. Offer him a contract on his current terms and say take it or leave it. He's not deserving of a payrise anyway. He's done nothing to earn it.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
I like Pogba but this needs sorting before the start of the season, if he’s not fully committed to the club we need to move on. It’s a huge season for Ole and it’s not fair on him to have to answer questions every week about if he’s staying or not. I’m sure there would be plenty of takers if he was available for £30 mil or so and I get the feeling that’s what PSG will likely offer late in the window.
It’s a shame it hasn’t worked out how we all hoped but unfortunately his time here is gonna be remembered more for his off the field transfer rumours than what he achieved on the pitch
Generally, players on their last season of contract play their best football. They need to excel to gain admirers and the best possible contract. The risk they take not signing a contract extension is a serious injury hitting them which would be fatal.

DSG

Yes, that is a real question. I think the way the team is shaping up with Bruno as our attacking fulcrum and the front 3 finishing, I would think we would want a different type of player, either a Fabinho / Casemiro type DM or a Jorginho type deep lying playmaker paired with a destroyer in the pivot.

none of the players we have been linked with fit those archetypes IMHO.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Generally, players on their last season of contract play their best football. They need to excel to gain admirers and the best possible contract. The risk they take not signing a contract extension is a serious injury hitting them which would be fatal.
There's a reason for the term 'having a contract year'