Paul Scholes the pundit

flameinthesun

I don’t understand why he’s trying to antagonise our players, I don’t see ex-players of other clubs doing this.
I don't think he's trying to antagonize the players. We read too much into it. Scholes is just a middle aged man who doesn't really pay attention to current football, who doesn't really have any desire to analyse football whose being paid to just say what he thinks. As we've seen from Scholes throughout his career he just says the first the thing that comes to his mind. Usually its dull and 99% of the time it isn't anything useful. Even the other day when people were waxing lyrical because he "gave advice" to the united midfield by telling them to look over their shoulders is as complex as his "analysis" gets. TLDR don't pay what he says any attention.

Djemba-Djemba

Scholes is my favourite ever Utd player.

He's a shocking pundit though, there's no insight whatsoever from him and he just seems a misery.

NewYorkRed

How is this helping ManUtd? I understand he’s an “objective” pundit now but some bias is at least expected. So how is this helping us? Love the player absolutely hate the pundit.

Bobski

Always amazes me how much stick Scholes or Neville take for their punditry, and why people care so much.

Kag

Always amazes me how much stick Scholes or Neville take for their punditry, and why people care so much.
Why? They have a huge platform and are capable of creating narratives that surround the club.

I don’t mind Neville at all; he’s good at his job and, although I don’t agree with him all of the time, I think his views come from a good place.

Scholes is dead from the neck up and is objectively shite at punditry. Spade a spade and all that…

Giggsyking

Shut the feck up Scholsey and go shit on a liverpool player. Not our players.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I don't see your issue with his statement? It was a useless show Antony made, concentrating on the pass instead doing that spin would definitely have been the better option. So how is this helping United? A player growing up and concentrating on being effective instead of showing off would definitely help United.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
I hope Scholes went into punditry because he needed (still needs - he's been at it for some years now) the money.

Because it's done nothing for his reputation and it usually seems as though he doesn't particularly enjoy it either.

I've no doubt Scholes is intelligent in some ways. But he seemingly possesses very little intelligence of the kind that is easily appreciated by others. In other words (to be brutally frank), when he opens his mouth he either comes across as so bland you could replace him with a cardboard cutout of Al Gore - or as a bit of an idiot.

This could - potentially - be charming in a certain kind of setting. In a Karl Pilkington kind of setting. But - yeah. That's been done already.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
It’s weird how the ex-Utd pundits always seem to have it in for the foreign players.

I suppose there was probably a culture of subtle xenophobia in dressing rooms back then, and it’s still tangible in a lot of them now.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
My most entertaining moment in the game. I now see kids trying to learn the skill.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
So many poster faces with eggs. Love it.

Scholes is love, Scholes is life; all hail Scholes.

Withnail

The October comments in here regarding the Antony comments are pretty funny. I mean he is a one trick pony and now his trick isn't even working.

Swedish_Plumber

Scholes was a phenomenal player and legend. But the man bites his daughters toenails so really shouldn’t be too interested in what others do with their lives.