Paul Scholes the pundit

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
10 years ago. :eek:

Someone should make a film on the period in Scholes' life where he retired, un-retired and the final season of his career. Sounds like an epic story just waiting to be put on the big screen.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
NOW he is saying how United must have one of the best managers in the world ( which is the truth, of course). But he wasn't saying that while his mate was a manager, did he?
Man, those pundits are changing their tune every day

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
10 years ago. :eek:

Still remember the shock of this one.
I'd been doing some cross country race somewhere and was driving home, amazed to hear us 3-0 up and then even more amazed to hear Scholes was playing.
Think he actually gave a goal away and wasn't that great on this game,but afterwards he was a boss.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
The co-commentator for the Europa game, after excusing every issue Ronaldo had, praising the bare minimum, finally asked openly (about 88th minute) for Rio and Hargreaves in the studio to defend him. I don't know what they said in the post-match analysis was like, but it looks like Scholes has decided attack is the best form of defence.
Can't attack Martial after those cameos, so attack Antony and get Martial shifted to the right, so that Ronaldo can play?

Spaghetti

Mom's
He was a great player, but he doesn’t have the head or personality to be a pundit. One of the worst around.

Doracle

The co-commentator for the Europa game, after excusing every issue Ronaldo had, praising the bare minimum, finally asked openly (about 88th minute) for Rio and Hargreaves in the studio to defend him. I don't know what they said in the post-match analysis was like, but it looks like Scholes has decided attack is the best form of defence.
Can't attack Martial after those cameos, so attack Antony and get Martial shifted to the right, so that Ronaldo can play?
Scholes and Hargreaves both said that they expect the front three this weekend to be Martial - Ronaldo - Rashford. I doubt two other people in the country expect that!

Remember the geese

Keane and Neville are the only two out of our ex players that I enjoy listening to. I don't always agree with them, but they are far more interesting than Scholes, Rio, Schmeichel, Hargreaves, Evra etc. Can't even include Michael Owen in this group as he's a Liverpool cheerleader.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I don't think he's a smart guy. Great footballer but a bit dim.

Idxomer

Is there really any difference between our ex-players and toxic fans on social media?

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Who need enemies with pundits like Scholes, Rio, Neville and Keane. Almost desperate to shit on our foreign players but always sucking off the English contingent.

marktan

Tbf to Scholesy I don't think he's 100% wrong. If you watch Antony's goals and assists from last season, they're almost all exclusively from cutting in and having a shot or crossing the ball.

He's still young though so you'd hope he adds more variety to his game.

Oranges038

Bitter feck should of stayed fermented.
It's have.

I don't think he's bitter.

He looks at these players from the outside and judges them by the standards he was used to playing with as a player. When you've played with Beckham, Giggs, Rooney, Ronaldo etc. you are going to see guys these guys in training every day, you know what they can do. He sees Anthony once or twice a week, so he has no other basis for his opinion other than the games he's played and to be fair he's not a million miles off based on what we've seen so far in a Utd shirt.

philnguyen1994

Tbf to Scholesy I don't think he's 100% wrong. If you watch Antony's goals and assists from last season, they're almost all exclusively from cutting in and having a shot or crossing the ball.

He's still young though so you'd hope he adds more variety to his game.
Robben did alright for being a cutting-inside merchant.

studs

It's have.

He looks at these players from the outside and judges them by the standards he was used to playing with as a player. When you've played with Beckham, Giggs, Rooney, Ronaldo etc. you are going to see guys these guys in training every day, you know what they can do. He sees Anthony once or twice a week, so he has no other basis for his opinion other than the games he's played and to be fair he's not a million miles off based on what we've seen so far in a Utd shirt.
You don't call a player after 2 games a one trick pony, that sounds bitter to me.

cyberman

But what does Salah do if not cutting in to take a shot or passing it back for Trent to cross?
What a fraud

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ridiculously harsh on Antony, who has scored 2 great goals for us already. We've had players out there who seemingly are no trick ponies.

I'd describe the version we had of Depay as a one trick pony, and he couldn't even pull that trick off apart from twice a year in the Europa.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He seems to find fault in every player going.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's have.

It's Antony.

Irwin99

As someone on the caf said, people used to say that about Robben and he didn't do too badly, not that they're the same type of player.

Kind of agree with what he said about the fullbacks against City though. They were crying out for help and it seemed more of a tactical decision more than anything else.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ah, I should of noticed that autocorrect would of done that.
The mistake you made my friend, was correcting someone else's grammar.
The second you do that, it's inevitable some even bigger pedant gets into you. :drool:

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
He is officially dead to me. From now on I'll remember the Barca tie as us winning on a coin toss after both games ended 0-0 and the injury time derby win at Etihad was an own goal followed by Neville grabbing and kissing the air.

Oranges038

The mistake you made my friend, was correcting someone else's grammar.
The second you do that, it's inevitable some even bigger pedant gets into you. :drool:
I don't normally. But that one bugs the shit out of me. Much worse when people actually say it like that.