Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

koop

It crazes me that some people do not want this signing. It's not just the signing of a quality player, we're also getting rid of Lukaku who just isn't at the level that we require to progress forwards. It's addition by subtraction in this case. He can play multiple positions, ST, RW, CAM. Would also add that extra bit of finesse that we need so desperately in the final third. Now it's just down to Dybala to see if he actually wants to join.
Not everyone will be happy. People will always find negatives about everything. Even if we were going to get Ronaldo and Messi in their primes I'm sure some people would find negatives with that too.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Imagine if Sanchez miraculously found his old self and we had him and Dybala firing on all cylinders

Rolaholic

Everything from this mini saga has sounded too good to be true,been trying hard to stay even keeled to not have my muppet heart broken but it's getting hard with so much smoke

Alemar

Everything from this mini saga has sounded too good to be true,been trying hard to stay even keeled to not have my muppet heart broken but it's getting hard with so much smoke
What is the problem here? We swap one player for another, Lukaku goes, and Dybala comes.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
This is happening.

We are slowly seeing the Americanisation of the transfer market in football with more and more player trades and players seeing out their contract to test the market. Transfer fees are becoming too high.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
It would be so good if we can somehow shift Sanchez.
Surely some China club would take a chance on him after missing out on Bale.
China's transfer window is closed, so no hope there.

Is there a big reason as to why Sarri and the management really want Dybala gone that badly? Is it a cashing in thing?

SATA

All the attention on Dybala but none on Lukaku? Anyone wondering what has been the poor sod up to? Is he also in Turin to discuss terms?

Suv666

Who wants to play Rostov and FC Astana on Thursday nights and enjoy the grey skies of Manchester?

Let’s put a bit of perspective in this choice.
You guys act like Manchester is a shit hole. Its a great city with loads of stuff to do. If you did a poll on this very thread if one would rather live in Manchester or Turin every fecking one would choose Manchester. I understand if we were talking about Madrid or Barcelona but Turin isnt all that. Utd might be a bit shit at the moment but the money and fame that comes with playing for Utd cant be rivalled by Juventus. And winning the Seria A every year means feck all anyway.

Lynty

At the end the day I watch football to be entertained. And there has been nothing entertaining about United for too many years now. Dybala is a magician who I would be excited about watching play for us along with Pogba. Stick your Maguires.
Oh I completely agree. Id happily take a 6th if we looked like last season Ajax

dev1l

Is there a big reason as to why Sarri and the management really want Dybala gone that badly? Is it a cashing in thing?
Juventus need to balance their books for sure

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It crazes me that some people do not want this signing. It's not just the signing of a quality player, we're also getting rid of Lukaku who just isn't at the level that we require to progress forwards. It's addition by subtraction in this case. He can play multiple positions, ST, RW, CAM. Would also add that extra bit of finesse that we need so desperately in the final third. Now it's just down to Dybala to see if he actually wants to join.
If it doesn’t work out, we are still in a better position because we have a younger, better player with a better profile.

Halal Jalal

Sarri refuses to use anything but his dogmatic 4-3-3, and Paulo is a second striker or #10. There's no position for him there, as last season proved. There's nothing else to it, and we should consider ourselves lucky af to be approached for this swap.

Red Star One

Why, seriously?
Strong reports on Maguire and Bruno which are both more viable targets (and probably are more excited to join the club) and would demand lesser wages. Dybala deal would only seem realistic if we were to offer a player as a part of a transaction, and something tells me we'll still see Lukaku in United shirt come beginning of the season. Don't know - on one hand I've dreamt about Dybala here for quite a few years and it would be fantastic to see such a talented player join us, but then again, if his attitude is not flawless (and if his committment, ambition and passion for United is in question), then it has a small tragedy written all over it, considering our track record with Argenitians and our needs now - we don't need to tweak the squad, it's not only about adding quality (although it's very important and we seriously lack in some areas), but more so (at least for me) we have to build a real team of professionals who are willing to listen to tactical instructions, who could follow the game plan and who'd fight to the last minute of the match giving 110% of themseleves. I truly hope to be proven wrong and if Dybala comes here, works his ass off and improves us instantly, I will become his biggest fan - I already love him for all the fantastic plays he had in the past and this unique, magical feet.

Alemar

If it doesn’t work out, we are still in a better position because we have a younger, better player with a better profile.
It is impossible that he plays worse than Lingard, so we will be better off regardless.

SATA

You guys act like Manchester is a shit hole. Its a great city with loads of stuff to do. If you did a poll on this very thread if one would rather live in Manchester or Turin every fecking one would choose Manchester. I understand if we were talking about Madrid or Barcelona but Turin isnt all that.
I have also heard the Juventus stadium is a shitehole of a ground as well

Suv666

This will upset the Muppets because they are just so desperate for anything to happen.

Dybala would be leaving a Title Fav team and in the CL for a team not likely to finish top 3 and is in the Europa.

Of course he's not going to be chomping at the bit to come. Juve to United right now is a step down whether we like it or not.

I don't think he will come anyway.
Reckon most players with an iota of ambition will prefer to take a step down rather than warm the bench. Look at the likes of KDB, Chelsea to Wolfsburg was a step down.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
This is happening.

We are slowly seeing the Americanisation of the transfer market in football with more and more player trades and players seeing out their contract to test the market. Transfer fees are becoming too high.
Yep. I predict in the future players will start running their contracts out instead of resigning, then moving on free deals and taking the cash themselves.

Clubs will react by offering smaller contracts and trading players more frequently before they get a chance to become free agents.

nainaisson

Imagine if Sanchez miraculously found his old self and we had him and Dybala firing on all cylinders
We just need to hypnotize Sanchez to convince him he's always playing for Chile against Ecuador and that Scott McTominay is actually Arturo Vidal.

Coxy

You make it sound like we've only ever been in the Europa League. You do realise who we are?
The poster you quoted point still stands - doesn't matter about our history to some players, it's the here and now that matters.

If it was all about history, we'd have an incredible first 11. We don't.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Sarri refuses to use anything but his dogmatic 4-3-3, and Paulo is a second striker or #10. There's no position for him there, as last season proved. There's nothing else to it, and we should consider ourselves lucky af to be approached for this swap.
Ya, it all seems too easy - especially for fecking Woodward. We face similar issue though - Dybala would add to us for sure, but he isn't fixing a problem as we still have issues on the right - Unless we expect a lot from James (even he looks way more comfortable on the left).

We still lack balance with or without Dybala.

MUFC OK

All i'm thinking is why is a world class player being pushed out the door by Juve
Doesnt fit their system with Ronaldo there. Lukaku is arguably world class as well, based on the last few years and international football.

The biggest mystery is why inter would go from targeting Rom to going for Dybala supposedly.

Red Star One

You guys act like Manchester is a shit hole. Its a great city with loads of stuff to do. If you did a poll on this very thread if one would rather live in Manchester or Turin every fecking one would choose Manchester. I understand if we were talking about Madrid or Barcelona but Turin isnt all that. Utd might be a bit shit at the moment but the money and fame that comes with playing for Utd cant be rivalled by Juventus. And winning the Seria A every year means feck all anyway.
Italy is in general probably a better place to live than England (especially if you have money, we're not talking about 25 yo political sciences graduate who's looking for his first job, for that Italy is a hell) for reasons including food, coffee, weather etc. If I were not a United fan I'd easily pick Torino over Manchester to settle, and it's not to disrespect the great English city. For Latinos the difference is even bigger, and I am sure Dybala enjoys living in a city where they speak the language he knows very well - which is also very similar to his native language. I wouldn't overstate the importance of this, as these are professionals we are talking about and sporting level should be the most impotant aspect, but all things considered I'd say for large majority of footballers Torino (as a city) has a bigger charm than Manchester.
Then again, there are fantastic players that decide to spend the most beatiful years of their life living in Liverpool, so we're not doomed.

Status
Not open for further replies.