Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
How can you not blame the club, trying to swap a player with days left in the window. It was opportunistic and badly planned. Badly planned as we left it so late to replace a forward, more going in to negotiations with a player who didn't want to come. It's a poor attempt to save face. United are running out of time and again look incompetent in this window.
You're everything that's wrong with the United fanbase

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
To not get Dybala is not a disaster. The problem, however, is that the clock is ticking..

This was always the problem with this scenario. It seemed like an all or nothing thing to me. If the deal falls through (which it has), then we'd be stuck with Lukaku. I just can't see him leaving now by the time the window closes. Hope i'm wrong.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
PSG could still be on if Neymar goes
Maybe, but who's got the money to buy Neymar? Didn't Barca have to take out a huge loan to get Griezmann? They're not going to be able to afford him unless they do some massive offloading.
Real won't buy him, and no other clubs can afford him

Infestissumam

Thing that gets me about that is that they're complaining about his wage demands, but were happy to give Sanchez an ungodly amount when he's been absolute crap.
Need to get him shifted on too i think!
yeah but it shows they've learned their lesson and won't make the same mistake again, and thank god for that.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
This was always the problem with this scenario. It seemed like an all or nothing thing to me. If the deal falls through (which it has), then we'd be stuck with Lukaku. I just can't see him leaving now by the time the window closes. Hope i'm wrong.
It more of a problem for Lukaku than it is for us.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
It’s the right thing to draw a line if we were to end up with another player like Sanchez with questionable motivation and ludicrous wages. I’m disappointed, but not in the club for once.

I’d hope we are still active for a midfielder or two even. We need creativity, as without Pogba we look as if we lack vision. We desperately need a defensive, holding midfielder, who can both screen the defence and who can pass forward and find Pogba. That was was my priority at the start of the summer. We should surely be in for Bruno Fernandes too, but that one doesn’t seem to be happening.

bonothom

Pleased this didn't happen. Would have been another Di Maria and Sanchez.

TheHeya

Thing that gets me about that is that they're complaining about his wage demands, but were happy to give Sanchez an ungodly amount when he's been absolute crap.
How were we to know? The guy had been tearing it up in the Prem for the last few seasons for arsenal

Suv666

He wasnt the game changer signing people were hoping for anyway. Would have made a difference but not a massive one. As long as we sign an attacking CM we'll be alright.

Ranchero

Thank feck for that. He would have been another disaster. Didn’t want to play for the club, overrated, etc etc.

Play Gomes in the hole or get Bruno.
We have not been playing with a number 10 anyway. Gomes and Greenwood look smart, for me, and should be given a chance. More so than those who have been like Andreas who just looks very short of quality.

If we can get Fernandes, it is a decent transfer window... and a true rebuild start. Without any replacement for the midfielders we have lost, however, we really do lack quality in midfield.

Terminator

Weren't Robben and Sneijder booted out of Real Madrid? Just because a player doesn't want to move doesn't mean he will end up like Di Maria.

RDCR07

He wasnt the game changer signing people were hoping for anyway. Would have made a difference but not a massive one. As long as we sign an attacking CM we'll be alright.
We ll be alright to do what? Fight for that 4th spot?

Cristiano_RAFC

Even though I would have loved us to sign a player of his calibre, I'm glad we didn't sign him. He clearly doesn't want to join United which is his good right of course. We need players who are eager and hungry to play for us.

Chairman Steve

Did we really waste that much time on him anyway? It was just the weekend really. It’d be worrying if we’d spend more than two weeks on this like we did with Fabregas in 2013. Seemed like Juve were the ones pushing it anyway the way it’s been reported. All their top brass flying all the way to London to meet us etc.

Mcking

Good. Now go all out for a central midfielder and bring in Jadon Sancho next season. An inflexible second striker is the least of our problems right now.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
It's called learning.

Morpheus 7

Ofcourse it was opportunistic. We were presented the opportunity of swapping Lukaku for dybala and mandzukic ffs. It would be beyond stupid if we didn't try. Now realising the guy doesn't want to come, we're happy to leave it at that and not throw crazy money at him to force a positive response. Good stuff. I'm not sure why anyone would complain with either of these steps.
Complaining of how late the club have left to do this. If this was early June then you could understand maybe it but not. It's so late in the window, looks weak and desperate.

el3mel

It was obvious from the start he would be forced to do such a move. There was never a single report that he's enthusiastic about the idea of playing for us or in England or general. Only that both clubs wanted it to happen.

Better to move on. Don't need another Di Maria case. Top player, but means jack shite if he doesn't want to play for us.

RDCR07

I think you completely overlooked his valid point about how Dybala will not play regular first team football at Juventus
Do we actually know that? Maybe the manager changes his mind? It’s happened before. Didn’t Mou sell Mata when he was at Chelsea and use him here?

The White Pele

Really glad if that’s why we’ve pulled out. We’ve learnt from our mistakes. This window has shown that we’re only wanting players that really want to play for this huge, historic club - not the next Di Maria. And it’ll serve us so well over the next few years.
I agree with this 100%. We have to build from a foundation of having a squad of players that are together and motivated. Nothing should jeopardise that.

SirAF

Ageist
It more of a problem for Lukaku than it is for us.
Not really. Having a wantaway striker on a fat contract sitting on the bench is far from ideal. Especially when there’s Sanchez as well!

settembrini

It's a shame because he's a class player and could have been brilliant for us.

However it always looked like a case of Juventus forcing him out rather than Dybala wanting to join us so we have most probably dodged a bullet here.

Now just sell Lukaku to Inter, tell Juventus we won't be helping them get old man Mandzukic off their wage bill, and buy a right winger!

SamVimes

So where does this leave Dybala now? He's just destroyed the clubs chances of signing a player they really wanted, whilst being told clearly that he's not wanted or needed there.
Something tells me that he's going to be in for a crap time at Juve now. He'll likely be transfer listed and benched i bet.
And that is his problem, not mine or yours. He has made his decision.

Cloud7

But if we lose Lukaku we can’t rely on just Rashford/Martial ? I think we need to keep him unless we can get another swap or a lot of money
Well I mean bin him off and get another addition to the attack.

Macern

Pee pee pants
It’s always better to pull out early than to risk it. Good decision. I just hope we’ll bring in someone else instead.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
If he's gonna be a little bitch, which I suspected he is based on his looks, let him be a little bitch. He has nowhere near the clout to make demands on par with a top player. He isn't one yet.

RDCR07

Hopefully soon, but it looks like Inter is reluctant to go higher. Juventus obviously can’t.
Then feck both those clubs. Inter are counting on the fact that we might be desperate to sell. We shouldn’t. If they are that desperate pay the fecking money.

Status
Not open for further replies.