Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crashoutcassius

We were never signing him and fernandes as the fifa lovers think. seems like if we get the cash for lukaku we could move for fernandes... don't see it happening otherwise.

Really hope inter cough up for lukaku now as I don't fancy him at the club this year after all of that.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Not really. Having a wantaway striker on a fat contract sitting on the bench is far from ideal. Especially when there’s Sanchez as well!
Lukaku wants away because he's been told he won't be 1st choice, if he's stuck with us because no one can afford him it's in his interest to perform when he's given the chance

Varun

Staff
So where does this leave Dybala now? He's just destroyed the clubs chances of signing a player they really wanted, whilst being told clearly that he's not wanted or needed there.
Something tells me that he's going to be in for a crap time at Juve now. He'll likely be transfer listed and benched i bet.
Struggling to give a feck if I'm honest

caid

If nothing else when a situation like this comes up again the player will ask 'do i want to player there' rather than 'how much money can i extort out of this'. Which is just healthier

R'hllor

Wage thing probably is 25% cut crap and rights image is another issue, which i guess agency didnt want to give up, tbh i dont know how that whole shit dealing works, just trying to reach 11k.

Devil may care

This is really disappointing, stuck with that big lump, and we'll be using fecking Lingard and Mata at #10 or pay stupid money for Bruno who I still don't think is good enough.

Godfather

The whole window reminds me so much of the one we had under Moyes. Chased Fabregas for months wasting precious time. Ended up signing Fellaini. For more than his buy out clause.

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
Highly doubt Fernandes will want £350,000 per week. We’re looking at the wrong guy. Forget Dybala.

mu4c_20le

Consequences of missing out on top 4 is truly devastating. And to think we were actually close at one point, despite Mou falling off the wheels

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
This is really disappointing, stuck with that big lump, and we'll be using fecking Lingard and Mata at #10 or pay stupid money for Bruno who I still don't think is good enough.
Won't even be sticking with that big lump!
Looks like we'll sell Lukaku without even replacing him. What a depressing end to the window

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I don't get the people who are saying "dodged a bullet here" or similar. The comparisons to Di Maria don't work because back then we still had a slither of hope that the Moyes season was just a blip. Since then we've been on a downward spiral. If next week comes and we haven't brought in anyone else them I dare anyone to say that Dybala not joining us was good.

Havak

Pokemon master
I didn't particularly want him, I was one of the (apparent minority of) people who would have picked Bruno Fernandes if given the choice. However, if we end up getting neither of them we are IMO not as strong as we could have been going into this season. For how much I didn't really want Dybala, he of course would have made us a stronger side. It'd be naive to not think that.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
We've not done too terribly. The main issue has been caused by Lukaku being a complete moron and acting up as if hes off, despite no club being willing to afford him. Doesn't exactly put the club in an easy position.

We really needed at least one midfielder though, and we've barely even been linked with any.
We've got no forwards who will break the 20 goal mark and the midfield is a absolute mess. It's like Groundhog Day with United, every year we know where the issues lie but we miserably fail to address them.

It'll be another shit season.

Redcy

Hopefully. If the player wants to be here, and is of great quality, then yeah, offer high.
Not sure who we're going to get in with 5 days left though
Not really. Having a wantaway striker on a fat contract sitting on the bench is far from ideal. Especially when there’s Sanchez as well!
I don’t want dybala if he doesn’t want to come, however anyone thinking that a) Lukaku staying is a good thing is plain wrong, look at the shit he stirred up. No one wants him but inter, so we take their shit offer or end up with a trouble causing striker who wants away in the dressing room. B) even if we do sell can’t see us getting anyone else in now. We may get Bruno but he replaced our lost midfield. So we will be relying on rashford and martial. Plus it means Lingard is getting a permanent place. Not sure that gets us back in the top 4

acnumber9

This is a consequence of doing things late. We’re now in a position where we may be stuck with Lukaku, who clearly isn’t wanted and who hasn’t been given a minute of football in pre-season.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Never quite saw this one.

If Dybala came, he'd either have to be shoehorned in on the right, or push Pogba deeper.
Plus the usual time to adjust, the huge wage, the previous Di Maria burn, and seemingly not fitting the high press committed style.

However, if we had done it I'd have probably been pleased we brought someone in, rather than didn't. Just didn't like the "opportunistic" rather than properly planned and targeted approach.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Consequences of missing out on top 4 is truly devastating. And to think we were actually close at one point, despite Mou falling off the wheels
I think there's more to him not wanting to come than one season out of the UCL, it's likely a combination of that, the county, the league and that we're not competing for the PL

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Disappointed he won't be coming, but ultimately looks like the correct decision. Who the feck do we go for now?!

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I'd love to know what is actually on Ole's list apart from "kick it in the goal"

Maybe his Biro ran out of ink.

Djemba-Djemba

I don't get the people who are saying "dodged a bullet here" or similar. The comparisons to Di Maria don't work because back then we still had a slither of hope that the Moyes season was just a blip. Since then we've been on a downward spiral. If next week comes and we haven't brought in anyone else them I dare anyone to say that Dybala not joining us was good.
It's a bullet dodged because clearly he didn't want to come.

That's why people are comparing him to Di Maria because he also never wanted to come here.

I can guarantee you if we'd thrown daft money at Dybala and he'd have reluctantly joined us, the first blip or first period things weren't going well for him he'd immediately want to leave like Di Maria did.

I'm not happy at all at being stuck with that big lump Lukaku, but we've made the correct choice walking away from Dybala.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Two and a half months to buy an attacker or at least a CM and we still haven’t done it. Atrocious!

Devil may care

Won't even be sticking with that big lump!
Looks like we'll sell Lukaku without even replacing him. What a depressing end to the window
I don't see how we can sell him, Inter want to pay in £10 installments and Juve can't afford him hence the Dybala swap, we are stuck with him when it's clear Ole doesn't want him and he doesn't want to be here.

Lynty

Addressing 3 weak areas in 1 window isn't a poor window.

James is a safe punt on the wing to tide us over for a year ready for Sancho.

Maguire addresses a problem in centre back and providing arial threats from corners.

Wab Bissaka is a clear upgrade.

We already have enough quality in midfield to get us into top 4 (and I'd guess we pulled the plug on Dybala early to give us time to finalise Bruno) it's a good start of a rebuild for Ole.

Wholesale upgrades was off the cards as soon as Young and Co were given extentions. This is a long term project.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Never mind guys, we have Gomes! He’s just as good. :wenger:
Wouldn't even mind if we were going to give the young lads a crack, but Ole is just a spin doctor. We will play the well established dross and limp to 6th. Not overly arsed about Dybala, but more peeved that we've fecked around with fantasy land targets instead of addressing the gaping gaps in our squad. We're a shit club compared to the top ones in England and Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.