Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

CM

Fair enough, really. We're quite well stocked in terms of attacking midfielders, and there were fair reservations about his suitability to play in the Premier League too. If he doesn't want the move on top of that then we're absolutely justified in ending our pursuit.

The biggest upside of this transfer was always the opportunity to get rid of Lukaku quickly. I'm more disappointed about that move breaking down than I am about Dybala staying at Juve.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Did it really take us this long to realise that he didn't want to be here? That sort of thing has been reported since day one.

We have no coherent plan. People are now saying its for the best that it's fallen through because he didn't fit our planned approach but the truth is that he never did.

We look like arseholes. Again.
'This long' you're talking like 7 days is a fecking month

The club don't look like arseholes at all, they look like they're finally behaving like a big club should

WensleyMU

The Romano guy seems to give the impression that this is in fact a tactic to get Dybala to relax some demands.

UK journalists all stating we've pulled out.

No point getting worked up over either claim, in a few days it will all be over, one way or another.

Djemba-Djemba

The club don't look like arseholes at all, they look like they're finally behaving like a big club should
The same people crying and lamenting not getting Dybala will have been the same people slagging Dybala in May after a season where it was clear he didn't want to be here.

spiriticon

Not really surprised we pulled it. Dybala never wanted to come here.

Just get inter to stump up the 75 million for Lukaku.

Mainoldo

He wants a better contract then and we are saving face. To be honest the club best figure it out and stop playing this romantic love of the club card. If this is who Ole wants. Get him his man.

Feed Me

I'm hungry

If we were behaving as we finally should then we should not have been entertaining the move in the first place. Dybala does not fit the new plan.

MDFC Manager

I think there's still some chance of this happening, but Juventus have to really force Dybala to move.

Although if that's the case, our decision to walk away makes sense.

MDFC Manager

And wouldn't surprise me one bit if we go back for him next summer for big money anyway :lol::houllier:

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
If we were behaving as we finally should then we should not have been entertaining the move in the first place. Dybala does not fit the new plan.
Ok well I've already addressed that one so we're going round in circles now

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
It is possible to work on other deals at the same time, even if one is pissing around. Dont you think?
Indeed it is, but there's really nothing being reported at the moment. We're not in for Fernandes apparently, and Dybala is done.
Will Ed crack and offer Newcastle £70m+ for Longstaff on deadline day?

WensleyMU

He wants a better contract then and we are saving face. To be honest the club best figure it out and stop playing this romantic love of the club card. If this is who Ole wants. Get him his man.
We've disagreed many times about many things but on this, we agree.

Stop pissing about. Pay him a trillion fecking dollars delivered by tiny midget clowns doing the hokey cokey if need be.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I wonder if Bentancur would fancy a move.

Yeah probably not.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Thank God, we at least have a decision now. While I am sad, we missed on him it's also important for us to plan for next signing. Last thing we want is another ADM.

It's never too late. Still got a week to complete the transfers. Get couple of midfielders in.

SirAF

Ageist
Thank God, we at least have a decision now. While I am sad, we missed on him it's also important for us to plan for next signing. Last thing we want is another ADM.

It's never too late. Still got a week to complete the transfers. Get couple of midfielders in.
Four days.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
feck off anyone saying they’re ‘happy’ or ‘glad’ this happened. you’re all pissed, just accept it like the rest of us. Dybala would have been bloody amazing. he’s a little bastard wanting to stay playing for a club and manager that doesn’t want him.
I would've liked to have seen Dybala play for us, but I'm not pissed at all he's not joining us. He isn't that good..

SuperiorXI

How bizarre... I can't believe these reports. Why did Juve & United bother with all these negotiations if Dybala couldn't be fecked with the move? Lost for words...

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I would've liked to have seen Dybala play for us, but I'm not pissed at all he's not joining us. He isn't that good..
Exactly- Am I sad ? Yes.
Am I pissed - hell no, never thought he would join us.

Lemansky

In my opinion we need a midfielder like Fernandez and not a new number 10, give Gomes some time and see what he can do. But of course you do not win anything with kids.
The Sporting poster on here yesterday wrote a long post on Bruno that he is exactly that, a number 10.

haram

Players would want to fecking play for us if we sign big players and compete. feck Woodward and feck this narrative, pay up.

Treble

How could two clubs seriously negotiate about a player without knowing whwther the player accepts the move? Unprofessional (to put it mildly).

Suvvernmanc

The Romano guy seems to give the impression that this is in fact a tactic to get Dybala to relax some demands.

UK journalists all stating we've pulled out.

No point getting worked up over either claim, in a few days it will all be over, one way or another.
So will our season be over.

Oh I wish there was a knee jerk reaction thread that'll get locked after only a few posts to head over too...

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition
always the possibility Sarri gets fired, and Ronaldo is 34. wait a season the situation could be completely different. If he wasn't keen on going to United, unless we made him a ridiculous offer, he may think I live it here I'll just wait it out.

For me personally I think him not coming here is better for both United and Dybala if his heart wasn't 100% in it.
Ya you're right. He could wait it out & try to outlast Sarri & CR7. But he'll probably ride the bench hard this season & more importantly, by declining the swap, he's done a big disservice to Juve's money men.

My guess is he'll still go this season. Maybe a swap for draxler at PSG?

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Sanchez is just pissed because he actually has to play for 500k a week now and not just vacation with his dogs

spiriticon

Why would they! Better to offer us 40m and Lukaku forces his way out
If Leicester can hold out for 80 million for Maguire, we can do the same for Lukaku.

We're not really desperate to get rid of him. If he goes, great. If he stays, great.

Redcy

4 days, no way are we buying two players. I doubt we will see one. Matic and Fred step up

Womp

idiot
No top player at a top club is going to be convinced to join us without money, what a load of fecking rubbish. What else would he have here? Apart from the ability to build his brand. If he was coming here for that alone, it'd prove he didn't have the right mentality. The fact that he is unconvinced of us because of our footballing ability, goes to show he's in it for the right reasons.

We have been shite for far too long for this just to be an exception now, it's the norm. We've made bad mistake after bad mistake and despite spending more than just about everyone, are so far from competing it's hilarious. No top player is going to be convinced of that without money. That's not even taking into account the fact that we are far more likely to qualify for the Europa than the CL these days and have a completely unproven manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.