Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I think Maguire is a decent signing despite the fee, don't really care about the other 2. The fact we have done nothing about the midfield or attack is atrocious, it just feels like we are treading water as Arsenal 2.0 right now.
Arsenal even adressed their attack and midfield, at least they tried something

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Perhaps they feel United are putting pressure on Dybala's agent to get real with his demands?
Quite possible. A lot will be revealed tomorrow when he sees Sarri. If he's told that he's not wanted and will be benched or reserved, he might go.
Or he could play hard ball and try to outlast Ronaldo and Sarri

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Terrific player but if his only motivation was to join for money, then I’m glad we’re not pursuing it.

Why he would want to stay though is strange. He’s basically being told to feck off but doesn’t get it :houllier:

WensleyMU

What's this then

As I said a few pages back, could all be a ploy to get Dybala to lower his demands.

The old walk away tactic.

It's like this basically, we need quality, he needs a club. Other players are relying on his/our decision.

Patrick08

I don't get why we never were in for Pepe? Players don't wanna come and we waste time and effort on them while never even trying for right wingers who are moving every year.

Womp

idiot
Is this info coming from a podcast? Because Fabrizio's last tweet about this says we can't come to an agreement on the wage, so we are considering pulling out.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I don't get why we never were in for Pepe? Players don't wanna come and we waste time and effort on them while never even trying for right wingers who are moving every year.
Probably don't think he is good enough.

Devil may care

To be honest other than buying Pepe I didn't know Arsenal had made any other signings as I've not been following the transfer news until the last few days.

Mainoldo

As I said a few pages back, could all be a ploy to get Dybala to lower his demands.

It's like this basically, we need quality, he needs a club. Other players are relying on his/our decision.
We’re agreeing again...

What’s going on :lol:

C'est Moi Cantona

It shouldn't have been rocket science... Juve fancied a swap, sounds great, give Dybala a call and see if he's up for it. Oh, he wants a rediculous wage and doesn't want the move? Cancel/change the deal.

Why has it taken days for that to happen? Seems more likely these reports are chess moves, breifs from the club.
It's just bullshit, 2 hours ago we were getting two forwards, now we are probably getting none, and then spin it with 'because Ole has been so impressed with Greenwood', so why pursue this for so long then?

We have seemingly done nothing over this critical last phase of the window about getting a midfielder, which surely should have always been the priority.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!

Know whats whats going on. Maybe it's a case of:

United brief that we've walked away due to excessive wage demands
Juventus pressure Dybala knowing a lot hinges on his acceptance
Sarri tells him that he's not in his plans and won't feature this season
Dybala is told he needs to find a new club or will be benched/reserved
Lowers wage demands and accepts Uniteds offer, completing the swap.

Saying that, have we ever briefed the press before saying we've ended a prospective deal only to go back to it later on when circumstances have changed?

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Why is nobody else in for Dybala? They can get him for 80mil. Seems a good deal.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Regardless of what's going on, this IS going to drag on purely because of the interest. It would be nice to conclude within a day or two but it's such a big deal. We really do just have to wait and see. For me it's a tactic, especially if Juve as a club and his agent etc don't know. We maybe testing the water and see how they come back to us (they may be more willing to be flexible) - and if they do we may say the press lied etc and we continue or we meet the demands. There's always going to be a lot of bluffing going on. It's a lot of money...but people are so reactionary. Nothing is over until it's over but there's no communication from the club at any level so it's all word of mouth etc...This could go on until the last day

Treble

So, we can't tell Dybala's agents we don't accept their requirements and try to put pressure on them via the English media. Sure thing.

Sterling Archer

We're handling this summer worse than a fecking mid tier piece of garbage. Our illustrious history has been undone by Woodward and the Glazers. Make the move appealing. Just throw feckin cash everywhere just like City had to do to become a desirable choice.

Also, stop with the fecking press releases and go spend the time signing some bloody players

Also, it would help if you locals didn't burglarize our foreign players.

Eddy_JukeZ

Di Marzio and Romano still going on about this being a slight possibility.

They might lose a good amount of their rep if this doesn't happen.

I'm okay with us pulling out if he's asking for obscene wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.