Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He’s 30!!!!!!! Never played in England it’s a dumb idea.
He only turned 29 a few months back. Moutinho who plays for Wolves is better than any mid we have bar Pogba, and was 32 when he arrived in England with mostly experience of playing in the Portuguese league.

So this prem proven bollocks is over played..

mu4c_20le

There's more to this than us just walking away to his demands. It's probably just posturing.
If this was a negotiating tactic, we've just broke twitter, and it would also show that we have at least two credible journos in our pocket

Marcelinho87

Said a few pages back when it first broke I am not buying it... I think we are still in for him and we're waiting until he has been told to his face tomorrow when he arrives for training.

He will be told he is not wanted and to train alone.

Kag

If he doesn’t want to play here and has made that clear then there isn’t much the club can do. Offering him astronomical wages would further the perception that we don’t know what we’re doing.

Disappointing, though. As a player I think he’s exactly what we need up front.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
If this was a negotiating tactic, we've just broke twitter, and it would also show that we have at least two credible journos in our pocket
Woodward loves a briefing.

The club tells the press exactly what they want them to know and when...

RedDevilRoshi

So Italian media still insisting this could happen but the likes of Ducker & Stone stating that we don’t want him now.

Personally, I’d rather just move on from Dybala. If the guy really doesn’t want to come then no point pursuing. We’ve been in this situation before.

el3mel

Has he though? All we have right now are conflicting reports from two seemingly solid sources. The true outcome has not yet been revealed.
Except it's not a source in terms of English media. If BBC reported it then United briefed them and the rest of English journalists, while Di Marizo is depending on his sources, and tbh, he has had a crap summer.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
How could two clubs seriously negotiate about a player without knowing whwther the player accepts the move? Unprofessional (to put it mildly).
I am not buying that and personally i am amazed how half of this forum is praising Ed because of this.
It is fecking propaganda people. All our PR agents doing everything to save our face. We fecked it up. We don't want to pay him what he wants( and of course that he wants a lot ) so we released this total and complete bs about his desire. Rubbish. I can't believe that people buying this story

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
We need to ship out lukaku. It is the best option commercially - so it doesn’t matter if dybala plays well. If he does it’s just a bonus :)
Utd can only ship Lukaku if they lower the asking price otherwise no club is going to pay anywhere near the kind of fee Utd wants.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Once again, we always seem to lose the perception battle on social media and elsewhere. Some see it as unimportant but it matters as our standing as a club and the impression it creates.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Except it's not a source in terms of English media. If BBC reported it then United briefed them and the rest of English journalists, while Di Marizo is depending on his sources, and tbh, he has had a crap summer.
They did didn't they?

WensleyMU

So, we can't tell Dybala's agents we don't accept their requirements and try to put pressure on them via the English media. Sure thing.
Nobody knows bar the negotiating teams and the clubs hierarchy. But considering bluffing that you are willing to walk away and make yourself weaker by doing so is a well established tactic of negotiation...

The UK is doing it right now for example, and that's on a much bigger stage than some football transfer.

Not saying that is what is happening. I am just guessing like everyone here and most of the journalist.

Patrick08

So, we can't tell Dybala's agents we don't accept their requirements and try to put pressure on them via the English media. Sure thing.
He doesn't want to come , Woodward from the position of power wants to twist it as press says what he briefs.

UpWithRivers

Why is the statement worded so weirdly...’Utd pull out of the deal due to player and agent demands and general sense player would be coming to Utd for the wrong reasons ‘
Why not just say we couldn’t agree contract terms.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Once again, we always seem to lose the perception battle on social media and elsewhere. Some see it as unimportant but it matters as our standing as a club and the impression it creates.
Spot on. Top reds will tell you it doesn't matter. But top players don't take us seriously.

fps

This is the exact kind of signing the club should not be making, the one of the reluctant player.

Grahampa

Supports
Aberdeen
It's a classic move by Ed, dump Dybala before he gets dumped himself.

el3mel

They did didn't they?
We did the same when Griezmann deal collapsed as well, and briefed the entire media we're pulling out of the deal because we're not interested any longer before the player himself announced he's staying because of their transfer ban. Woodward has used the briefs in this way all the time when the deal collapses, so of course, it's logical to believe this than Di Marzio this time. Though they may still try to sign Lukaku by offering Mandzukic or something.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
They did didn't they?
Yep they did, although stones did say "As per Ducker" so i don't know if it was a brief, or going from the telegraph exclusive.

If we have walked away, so be it. We tried, it didn't work out.
If this is a negotiating tactic, it'll either work amazingly or not, either way it covers our backs. We tell Juve we're not paying the wage demands and the deal is off. Juve tell Dybala that he needs a new club or he's being benched/reserved. Dybala agent tells United we're willing to compromise, deal happens. OR We walk away, Dybala and agent stands firm and he's Juve's problem then.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
I am not buying that and personally i am amazed how half of this forum is praising Ed because of this.
It is fecking propaganda people. All our PR agents doing everything to save our face. We fecked it up. We don't want to pay him what he wants( and of course that he wants a lot ) so we released this total and complete bs about his desire. Rubbish. I can't believe that people buying this story
Despite the fact its been abundantly clear that our philosophy on signing this year are based exactly on the reasons why we purportedly turned him down?

Status
Not open for further replies.