Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
We've got no forwards who will break the 20 goal mark and the midfield is a absolute mess. It's like Groundhog Day with United, every year we know where the issues lie but we miserably fail to address them.

It'll be another shit season.
We needed strengthening pretty much everywhere so it was never all going to happen. We've gone some way to addressing the defence.

We definitely don't have enough goals in the squad but Lukaku has made it near impossible to sort that out. Ole also seems to overate our attacking players. Whoever out of Rashford/Martial plays up top has the potential to get 20+ I think but that isn't enough on its own.

Midfield is the area that has annoyed me. We already needed strengthening there before Herrera left. As soon as he did it should have been a priority along with the fullback position. The only player we've been linked with is Longstaff who wouldn't have solved anything anyway.

Mainoldo

He only turned 29 a few months back. Moutinho who plays for Wolves is better than any mid we have bar Pogba, and was 32 when he arrived in England with mostly experience of playing in the Portuguese league.

So this prem proven bollocks is over played..
We are not Wolves. Totally different scenarios. Moutinho was basically on the edge of nothing. Pjanic is happy at the level he is at asking him at 29 to come to a league to basically save a midfield at his age is a big ask. It also doesn’t make sense with regards to Lukaku considering he’s max a £30m player.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
A top forward for 80m is quite cheap. The best forwards in the PL would go for 130-140m. Or Dybala isn't quite at that level now?
Again, you literally need to have 80m. There isn't a lot of clubs with 80m.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
feck off anyone saying they’re ‘happy’ or ‘glad’ this happened. you’re all pissed, just accept it like the rest of us. Dybala would have been bloody amazing. he’s a little bastard wanting to stay playing for a club and manager that doesn’t want him.
This is a shaky conclusion to draw just because he doesn't want to sign for United.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Do you remember a few years ago when we used to joke about top players reacting to having to join them?

Well, damn.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
He's not really a mercenary for not wanting to take a step down and try and fight for his place. Maybe that hard for some to face up to but it's reality.
He wants us to improve our offer. If that's not a mercenary than what is?

Suv666

Because apart from image rights, we have feck all else to offer. So he wants financial compensation, it's not that difficult. Paris won't be offering anything much more significant than we would have, the different is they're a team that is capable of challenging.
You're wrong if you reckon PSG wont offer a massaive financial package. Look how much they are paying Herrera. And what exactly is PSG challenging for? They are miles away from winning the CL, we were the ones who knocked them out actually and their sweet prince Neymar who was supposed to usher in a new era is on the way out. The only allure of PSG is cash. Your narrative that he's not after money is utterly false. He's just your average run of the mill mercenary nothing more, nothing less.

Lee565

Best scenario at this point is probably dybala going to PSG if reports are true of him happy to move there, then Juventus using the money to buy lukaku

Wilt

Hope we don’t sign him. Not bowing to his wage demands will put out a message that we want footballers who want to play for Utd and not mercenaries.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
We needed strengthening pretty much everywhere. We've gone some way to addressing the defence.

We definitely don't have enough goals in the squad but Lukaku has made it near impossible to sort that out.

Midfield is the area that has annoyed me. We already needed strengthening there before Herrera left. As soon as he did it should have been a priority along with the fullback position. The only player we've been linked with is Longstaff who wouldn't have solved anything anyway.
I'm just badly worried that midfield deficiencies are going to render the defensive reinforcements null and void - as things stand we will be so easy to play through and the back line will be exposed.

We are also light years behind the rest of the top six in goals, as you allude to. It's another slog of a season I'm afraid mate

Fridge chutney

This is one of 2 things:

1) United putting pressure on Dybala and his agent to lower wage demands.

2) United asserting a new philosophy of not accepting players who do not want to join.

Either way, I'm ok with it.

The United

I think United is putting pressure on them with all the briefing to get a better deal out of the whole thing.

Not that I care if he comes or not.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
This is one of 2 things:

1) United putting pressure on Dybala and his agent to lower wage demands.

2) United asserting a new philosophy of not accepting players who do not want to join.

Either way, I'm ok with it.
We knew since the start that he didn't really want to join us, so think it's more likely that he wants silly money or he has rejected us.

Castia

They need to check Twitter...

The guy behind this account is so fecking desperate...

Jesus.

He just seems to retweet any good news and wont take on board any sign of negativity soft twat.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Best scenario at this point is probably dybala going to PSG if reports are true of him happy to move there, then Juventus using the money to buy lukaku
They need to shift Neymar first, and for the price they'd want for him, he's going nowhere.

haram

Yep. You have to entice the first one here with big money, but after that, once you start performing, players come for the chance to play for United.

Look at City. Back in 2009 they were a joke, they had to over pay for players. A few years later and players are going to play to win.

We need to spend big. Piss poor management of the club has put us in this position so let's grit out teeth and cough up the money the better players want.

We've just payed £80million for a defender and have the chance to get a very very good attacker as part of a swap deal for Lukaku and we are crying about wages... Get the feck out of here.

Dybala may not have had his heart set on United but as a professional footballer he would have quickly got with the plan. I seriously doubt many players are as feeble as Di Maria was and we need to stop comparing targets to him.

I want the kids to get minutes and succeed as well, but we absolutely have room for a Dybala or player of that level in the squad. Chances are if it didn't work out we would get good money for him a year or two later. He's 26, not 30+.

I was just starting to look forward to the season...
Yet people will eat up the bullshit the club is serving and continue to bring up di Maria. Glazers dream.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
Ya you're right. He could wait it out & try to outlast Sarri & CR7. But he'll probably ride the bench hard this season & more importantly, by declining the swap, he's done a big disservice to Juve's money men.

My guess is he'll still go this season. Maybe a swap for draxler at PSG?
Personally, I think he will ned up staying and leave next summer if things don't get better. I don't see a swap deal happening with PSG, I don't really see what either club would get out of it, and none of the other top clubs around Europe have much money left to afford him.

Maybe people at the top at Juve will be annoyed it didn't work out, but realistically as we are seeing all round Europe this summer you give a player a contract then if he wants to stay and see out that contract you have to honour it.

Red00012

I want him here, but I feel it’s that he’s been kicked out the door by Juventus rather than wanting to join us. If Utd decide to pull the plug because of his demands so be it. I’m sure it’s an upgrade on what he’s currently on so he can do one if he’s looking for crazy wages.

Fridge chutney

We knew since the start that he didn't really want to join us, so think it's more likely that he wants silly money or he has rejected us.
I disagree. We knew since the start that he loves Juve and doesn't want to leave. The question is, if the premise of Juve "firing" him is accurate, does he consider United a destination he would like? That's what I think United have been trying to figure out. If he's still not convinced, the correct thing to do is walk away. If he wants to join but his wage demands are ridiculous, the correct thing to do is appear ready to walk away.

Devil may care

Dani Ceballos on loan. Plus they also bought William Saliba, but loaned him back to St Etienne for another year. So Pepe + Ceballos, but they haven't addressed their shitshow of a defense.
I see, I know who Ceballos is, decent player but questionable mentality, never heard of the other lad.

SirAF

Ageist
The guy behind this account is so fecking desperate...

Jesus.

He just seems to retweet any good news and wont take on board any sign of negativity soft twat.
Every fan/aggregator account is shit. I don’t get why people post them instead of going directly to the source.

Womp

idiot
You're wrong if you reckon PSG wont offer a massaive financial package. Look how much they are paying Herrera. And what exactly is PSG challenging for? They are miles away from winning the CL, we were the ones who knocked them out actually and their sweet prince Neymar who was supposed to usher in a new era is on the way out. The only allure of PSG is cash. Your narrative that he's not after money is utterly false. He's just your average run of the mill mercenary nothing more, nothing less.
He's after cash because we can't offer much else. Also I never made a statement saying he wasn't in it for the cash, that's a strawman's argument. We are in the fecking Europa League, have been shit for approaching 7 years now, have spent more money than anyone and are finishing 6th more than we are in the top 4, have a squad of overpaid, average players, who we can't move on and an unproven manager. Is it really a surprise that we need to offer the top players so much money to get them to stay/join?

Is DDG a mercenary as we had to fecking pay him obscene wages to reportedly get him to sign a new contract, same with Pogba? The top players need a reason to want to join/stay here and as of right now, we don't have many reasons to give them, it's why they seek financial compensation. Why join a club you know isn't going to be able to satisfy you from a competitive standpoint, if there isn't an financial impetus.

People need to fecking face reality, the draw of Manchester United is gone. We aren't that club that everyone dreams of joining anymore. I'd go as far as saying out of all the elite clubs, we have proven to be one of the most clueless on both building success and maintaining it.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
We are not Wolves. Totally different scenarios. Moutinho was basically on the edge of nothing. Pjanic is happy at the level he is at asking him at 29 to come to a league to basically save a midfield at his age is a big ask. It also doesn’t make sense with regards to Lukaku considering he’s max a £30m player.
Of course we aren't Wolves but if we had a player like Moutinho even at 32 we'd be much better for it. He's technical far superior than any midfield player we have bar the World Cup winner.

Pjanic at 29 would be brilliant for us and he's at his peak right now. He possibly wouldn't want to leave Juve, but if he did, he along with Pogba would add all the creativity from central areas we require. Pjanic can also play as the #6 or #8 which inturn would give us great tactical flexibility.

Red Viking

This is turning into quite the drama worthy of a soap opera. I would not take anything too serious at the moment as with so much money at stake it is not impossible that the negotiation behind the scenes will take some twists and turns either way.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
I disagree. We knew since the start that he loves Juve and doesn't want to leave. The question is, if the premise of Juve "firing" him is accurate, does he consider United a destination he would like? That's what I think United have been trying to figure out. If he's still not convinced, the correct thing to do is walk away. If he wants to join but his wage demands are ridiculous, the correct thing to do is appear ready to walk away.
More pertinent, is he a player that naturally fits into our team? I don't see it. It struck me that we got the opportunity to potentially buy a player without any forethought on where he would play. We should never have wasted our time on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.