g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Despite the fact its been abundantly clear that our philosophy on signing this year are based exactly on the reasons why we purportedly turned him down?
But we will still keep Pogba who said "i want a new challenge"? Right?
By that standard, we will have only players like Lingard, Smalling or Jones who hit the jackpot with United and we will buy players only from Swansea or Palace.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
We walked away after a week, how were we sucked in?
If any CEO ever has the chance for a straight swap with Lukaku and Dybala then he should be fired on the spot quite frankly.
Its Juve that's made a balls of this, not United.
He doesn't fit into our team which is why we have wasted time

AlwaysRed66

I rather have Lukaku than this mercenary. Cannot understand the fascination with him. At least for once the board are holding firm against players greed.

vanderpants

Glad we missed out on him, one as he didn't want to come and two I personally think he is overrated and three he is not what we need at this current time, we need players that want to die for the club

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!

Does he have a valid point? Or is it the case of us holding out for the price we want for Pogba, or simply that he's so vital to us that we can't afford to lose him?
To be fair, neither does Pogba, i don't think he's ever really wanted to play for United and mearly saw us as a stepping stone to Real Madrid whilst earning a huge pay at the same time.

cyberman

He doesn't fit into our team which is why we have wasted time
We can't pretend to know that.
Our aide isn't good enough to by he point we cant play Dybala in his best position.
Sign Dybala and its not he that cant fit into our side but Martial / Lingard etc.

AJ10

Does he have a valid point? Or is it the case of us holding out for the price we want for Pogba, or simply that he's so vital to us that we can't afford to lose him?
Well I am sure if this is the case then a good offer for pogba will be accepted but no one will pay 150+ mil for pogba, so just because he doesn't to be here it doesn't mean we'll sell him for pennies when average players are being sold/quoted for 50+ mil.

m1tch

All the noise that he didn't want to leave Juventus wasn't a good sign, not that you could blame him. If we'd have spent crazy money to convince him to come then we could of just ended up with another Di Maria.

When something seems too good to be true ......

Stubble

Last thing we need at the moment is any more players just coming here for the £££.
Its the exact the opposite to what this window has been about i.e. recruiting players who want to be here and sweat blood for the club. Players who will add the backbone this team lacks. We have enough players with too much interest in how much dosh they can extract from the club as a primary motivation already.
No matter how 'sexy' the player surely that penny has dropped on here by now !

redshaw

It's very frequently misattributed term.

Let's look at Dybala and his situation.

His club don't want him and he doesn't want to leave so when talking to any possible new club he's well within his right to ask for what he's worth. His current deal as you say is 6.5 Million a year, which was signed in 2013 (and extended in 2017) when he was around 20 year old. He is now 25 and approaching his peak years as a footballer. Him asking for 11 Million I don't think is totally unacceptable. Upon joining, He would instantly be one of our best players and I think he would be within his right to expect parity with our best players. If he stayed at Juventus he would be due a decent pay bump I would imagine so why wouldn't he expect that at United.
Lots of reports saying 7-7.5 million net and he signed this new deal in 2017.

Im red2

Prophet of Doom
In the begining(time), God created the Heavens(spa
Another case of Ed wasting time on 'galactico' signings whilst some areas we seriously need to address are ignored and good quality suitable players missed out on.
Quicker we get a DOF the better we're becoming a laughing stock its same story every window - i.e. wasting half of it on players that are only coming for ridiculous amounts of £££ or just looking for a pay rise etc from their current club.
If the guy does actually come likely it'll be Di Maria all over again.. forget this and sign Longstaff and/or Fernandes - players in positions we need who actually want to come here ! Though its probably too late now we've wasted so much time on this none starter Sheesh !
Agree 100% wasting time on areas we have no need to address, while we need strengthening in other areas, like midfield for example.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

No, the guys a united hating weirdo.

he’s desperate for everybody to know that people don’t want to play for United. Pogba obviously does/did as he joined us back. There’s a difference.

I don’t blame dybala not wanting to leave he loves Juve. It wasn’t his choice to leave so what can we do? Let’s sign somebody who does.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
We can't pretend to know that.
Our aide isn't good enough to by he point we cant play Dybala in his best position.
Sign Dybala and its not he that cant fit into our side but Martial / Lingard etc.
By all accounts he's a number 10 which we don't really use

Unless we were looking to shoehorn him into an alien position

Infestissumam

It'd be a valied point if we had rejected several offers by Real, which hasn't happened. Can hardly be blamed for keeping a wantaway player when there's no bids.

cyberman

By all accounts he's a number 10 which we don't really use

Unless we were looking to shoehorn him into an alien position
Juve fans say he's equally at home on the left though.
Plus we use number 10 all the time with Lingard and pushing Pogba up in the hopes he comes good.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
Dybala will sign for us. He's got no other option!
Well he has, he has a good contract in Juve, by all accounts he likes the living their and the club, theirs rumours he wants to play under Sarri, he could stay and try and force his way into the team, or just sit on the bench or stands for a season and wait for a club to come in for him he does want to go too or for the situation at Juve to change. He has all the power.

Plus say for 1 second he didn't have a choice( which isn't true), United, as has been stated n many of the reports don't want a player who is signing for the wrong reasons, which having no choice would count as.

Deals dead,

clarkydaz

Another case of Ed wasting time on 'galactico' signings whilst some areas we seriously need to address are ignored and good quality suitable players missed out on.
Quicker we get a DOF the better we're becoming a laughing stock its same story every window - i.e. wasting half of it on players that are only coming for ridiculous amounts of £££ or just looking for a pay rise etc from their current club.
If the guy does actually come likely it'll be Di Maria all over again.. forget this and sign Longstaff and/or Fernandes - players in positions we need who actually want to come here ! Though its probably too late now we've wasted so much time on this none starter Sheesh !
How long has the Dybala swap been an option though? its only in this last week as we all assumed Lukaku was going Inter. What was the plan weeks before this popped up

Bestofthebest

Not at all surprised if Dybala doesn't come to us. As I've said before if his heart isn't truly in the move we should move on. Just a bit annoyed that it has taken so long when he has behaved in a mercenary way to take us to the cleaners re wages etc. ( Sanchez all over again ) if reports are true!!! Also, if he is so good why are there no others interested, think he will end up like Bale if he is not careful.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
It's very frequently misattributed term.

Let's look at Dybala and his situation.

His club don't want him and he doesn't want to leave so when talking to any possible new club he's well within his right to ask for what he's worth. His current deal as you say is 6.5 Million a year, which was signed in 2013 (and extended in 2017) when he was around 20 year old. He is now 25 and approaching his peak years as a footballer. Him asking for 11 Million I don't think is totally unacceptable. Upon joining, He would instantly be one of our best players and I think he would be within his right to expect parity with our best players. If he stayed at Juventus he would be due a decent pay bump I would imagine so why wouldn't he expect that at United.
Juventus are not going to give him a payrise when they want him out.

flappyjay

Quite possible. A lot will be revealed tomorrow when he sees Sarri. If he's told that he's not wanted and will be benched or reserved, he might go.
Or he could play hard ball and try to outlast Ronaldo and Sarri
Being traded for a donkey is the most crystal clear way of saying we don't want you

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
0.5 - 1 Million difference doesn't change my point.
At 25 years old, best case scenario a player with his profile will request escalators on a 5 years contract or a shorter contract but latter is relatively rare.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust

well its a bit diffrent as we already have Pogba. I still reckon if an acceptable offer for Pogba came around the 150 mil mark we would sell, but no one has that kind of money.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Being traded for a donkey is the most crystal clear way of saying we don't want you
Yup very true. Would love to be a fly on the wall when he arrives for training tomorrow.
Wouldn't surprise me if he got pulled to one side or made to train with the reserves straight away. Either way, if he doesn't go this window, he'll be gone January i think.

SilverPaper on the Breeze

It should be encouraging that we’ve pulled out; it shows that we may have learned some lessons from di Maria and Sanchez. I don’t blame the club for pursuing a deal; on paper, Dybala for Lukaku is a no brainer, because he’s good and Lukaku is... well... not. But if he’s not up for it, move on. Try and get Inter to edge up their offer for lumbering Rom and pursue other targets that want to play here.
I quite like the Mandzukic links personally, a veteran work horse that’ll accept a squad role and be a good influence on the younger players could be a very useful stop gap.

Devil81

Would have been fantastic, unfortunately it's not ended the way we wanted it to.

dove

Clubs usually agree personal terms or at least get the idea if the player is willing to move and for how much. Saves a lot of time negotiating with the club if the player doesn’t want to move. Well guess what, we do it other way round. Wasting weeks negotiating with Juve and then it’s useless as the player is not keen to move. Wtf is this transfer logic?

flappyjay

Why is nobody else in for Dybala? They can get him for 80mil. Seems a good deal.
Like who besides us, Spurs and Inter. Remember those other 2 clubs don't have the financial muscle for it. Inter could trade with icardi but I am guessing Sarri/Juve don't want the drama

Status
Not open for further replies.