Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnitedBoy

Redcafe Yahoo Pool champion 2007
Personally would rather a CM but waheyever.
I don't think this is over. I'd expect juventus will start applying pressure to him soon enough. Pretty much treat him. Like shit and force a move.

Joseunited

The brain? What does that mean? Is that some kind of threat? I still don’t get the image...
Mafioso style, someone standing behind him with a gun to his head"It's either your signature or your brains on that contract".
Did that help:D

Stubble

The clubs that have been most successful recently are those that have concentrated on signing good quality players to fill areas in the squad where there were the biggest deficiencies . Allison and Van Dyke at Liverpool is a good example.
We have generally been doing that this window but have neglected MF and possibly RW whilst yet again chasing a big name star who does not play in a position that is one of our major weaknesses at the moment. Luxury players can be added for sure once ALL the 'holes' in the squad have been sorted.
Whether this was just a swap or not precious time has been wasted on it and may have scuppered other deals for players in positions we desperately need. Surely the first question asked must be 'will the player join us'.
Its Sanchez all over again - i.e. bringing in another left winger when Martial/Rashford were doing a good job there and neglecting other more pressing priorities.
Ed just can't resist the potential 'stardust' signing unfortunately.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Some of you should abandon this thread and go watch The Godfather instead.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
The thing is we have tried that with AdM, Sanchez and others. Didn't work out for us. We can't keep taking gambles like this anymore.
ADM, Sanchez, AdM, Sanchez, ADM, Sanchez........
How many times we will say those two names? Players play for money and success. When you are Man Utd it is easy to buy player from Palace or Swansea. From big club, you must offer what that club can't or compensate what that club can't. Dybala can win titles there. So we should offer him more money. He would be huge huge upgrade to us. Lazy and uninterested Dybala is still better than Lingard or Mata on no10 position. At the dbd of the season when we finish 5th we will regret this.
This is Hazard all over again. We didn't want to pay 6mil to his agent and the rest is history.

Mr Smith

I'm heartbroken, but the club is doing the right thing moving on if he doesn't fancy us. I just hope we get someone else in, we look very light in attack...

Infra-red

Quite some distance we've fallen when squad players, whose clubs are actively trying to sell them, have no interest in joining us.

That being said, we've probably done the right thing - no point in having players around who desperately don't want to be there.

Two CMs and a RW still needed (assuming Lukaku now stays).

Amir

This

It took us a week to establish he didn't want us

We are the only club that doesn't tap players up or use intermediaries apparently :lol:
Why would we tap him up? The deal wasn"t on the cards until Juve offered it a few days ago, so we had no need to talk to Dybala. And he too was surprised. Under the circumstances, I don't see what we done wrong.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Seems some people need a little help:

Stubble

Wow can't believe so many on here eager to a sign player even if he really doesn't want to join us.
People caught like rabbits in the headlights of the big 'Galactico' signing - the very thing people on here have been criticizing Ed for for ages.
Wish people would make their minds up.
The solution to a poor Mata or Lingard is not a Dybala playing at 50% but a Fernandes or Pepe playing at 100%.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Sorry, I apologize for having missed the quote. I hope we get the signature and a better heart and not just the brain!
No need to apologise, I'm being serious. The Godfather is infinitely better than talking about Paulo Dybala.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Wow can't believe so many on here eager to a sign player even if he really doesn't want to join us.
People caught like rabbits in the headlights of the big 'Galactico' signing - the very thing people on here have been criticizing Ed for for ages.
The solution to a poor Mata or Lingard is not a Dybala playing at 50% but a Fernandes or Pepe playing at 100%.
People are fecking stupid . Had he come here and been another ADM/Sanchez the club would have been castigated too

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Firstly he's a great age. He's got a great resale value - should we require that but also what if the only reason he didn't want to join was no CL? Would that be a long term issue and he could push us on to that. In addition, it would be a tremendous boost to the squad. Saying he don't want to come is lazy because people don't know all the ins and outs. If someone rejects a contract it don't mean they wouldn't consider joining....it just means there is no agreement but many have associated this with him NOT wanting to join. It's negotiations. Rejecting a contract don't mean you won't sign one....but in the world of twitter it does seemingly. So forget what we think we know cause we know nothing. We are feeding off scraps.

Last edited:

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
How many times we will say those two names? Players play for money and success. When you are Man Utd it is easy to buy player from Palace or Swansea. From big club, you must offer what that club can't or compensate what that club can't. Dybala can win titles there. So we should offer him more money. He would be huge huge upgrade to us. Lazy and uninterested Dybala is still better than Lingard or Mata on no10 position. At the dbd of the season when we finish 5th we will regret this.
This is Hazard all over again. We didn't want to pay 6mil to his agent and the rest is history.
You suggest we keep making mistakes until we get it right?

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Why do you all think that Dybala said no? If that is the truth why would he even send his demands via his agent?
No means no. If he is not interested then simple polite no was enough.
We don't want to pay. That is the truth. We can overpay some dross in our squad but we don't want to overpay Dybala.

Zed 101

My concern is not the loss of Dynbala, could have gone either way, but that we are now potentially stuck with Lukaku, suppossedly not interested in Bruno and seemingly have no other irons in fires apart from Longstaff for £50 mil

So far the transfer dealings have been great but we desperately need to replace Hererra and/or Matic

el3mel

Why do you all think that Dybala said no? If that is the truth why would he even send his demands via his agent?
We don't want to pay. That is the truth. We can overpay some dross in our squad but we don't want to overpay Dybala.
No one has really reported he was that enthusiastic to join us to start with. It always looked like Sarri and Juve were the ones who wanted him out.

TheeAma12

Supports
Chelsea
Still i don’t understand why Dybala doesn’t want to play in EPL? It’s the most competitive league, perhaps the one which is the hardest to win. Isn’t it a challenge for a good footballer to play in the most competitive league and to prove his worth?
A think it has more to do with the club and manager, i can see him going to city or pool if klopp or pep came calling

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Tbh why should we pay the guy 300k a week when he doesn’t want to leave and is being forced out? He’s obviously told us he’s not interested so screw him, move on.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
This seems true but do you reckon solskjaer would have even wanted him

Wilt

I wasn’t specifically talking about dybala, was more about the profile of the players we should be chasing
I do agree, but there has to be a ceiling. We can’t afford to have wages spiralling out of control, where does it end? I’m sick of players holding the club to ransom.
We need to find a balance ....unfortunately, easier said than done.

Litch

Big deal, player doesn't want to move clubs. Happens all the time but when it happens to us, it's like it's a unique situation.

Scholsey2004

The David Neres rumours started not long before we got the word on Dybala so it looks like we've moved on to other targets. Dybala's a top player but the last thing we need is another Di Maria/Sanchez signing where we managed to convince a player to join who's heart wasn't in it. We'd be better off with a CAM than a second striker anyway. Someone who can contribute to the press would be useful as well. Not sure Dybala was that player.

TrueRed79

Only want players who actually want to be here. Sanchez was probably the same as Dybala but we folded to him and look at how that has turned out? Besides all that, our transfer business has been a shit show this summer. Same dopes running the club. What else should we expect?

izec

It is done IMO. Not gonna lie, there arent many players i would have taken over him if given a choice. I like him, but it is what it is.

The club briefed for a reason. No way are we going back, simply because it is either true what we briefed or Dybala rejected us. Either way, i doubt something will change. Dybala will move now til the end of August or stay and fight for a place. If unsuccessful, move next summer. To me it looks like he will stay, i dont see a club above or on the same level taking him at the moment.

I hopedthe cnut would accept and come here with a point to prove, but no. Hope we offload Lukaku and have other targets in mind

reelworld

Uh, no

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I forgot about Chelsea and agree they will struggle

Spurs have 50 goals guaranteed from Kane and Son, while Alli and Moura will both chip in with a good number.

I think it's a stretch to expect 40 from Rashford and Martial, neither have broken 20 in their careers so far

I think you're right — we will be floating somewhere between 4th and 6th, which means it's another season of not really progressing

I don't understand why we don't just sensibly address our problems and go after normal targets instead of these stupid galactico links
Well, we didn't score enough last season, and Spurs only scored 2 more than us, and that's with Kane and Song. I don't think filling the 12 goals Lukaku got last season will be a problem, as Rashford and Martial can bridge that gap if they're played consistently. Rashford in particular has a good and fairly consistent goalscoring record as a striker. Both get into double figures even when played sporadically, and are both still improving (in theory...who knows with Martial). 40+ between them is a push but not beyond possible.

I think the problem is that 12 from Lukaku last season just wasn't enough anyway...and then other players also didn't score enough. Potentially Lingard, Sanchez, James and Greenwood have more goals in them. Pogba probably wont get as many this time unless we carry on getting a dodgy penalty nearly every game. We got 85 in all competitions last year. So we need to be looking at an extra 30 odd from somewhere really. I don't get how whoever's making these decisions has concluded that's coming from the players we have.

It's not easy to find guaranteed goals though, and then Lukaku decides to be petulant before he's even found a club who are willing to pay for him, so on top of that we can't replace him because we can't get rid of him. I would actually rather we not replace him than replace him with someone who will solve nothing and then cause the exact same problem in a year's time. It just means being realistic about what to expect this season. We're building from scratch again. Part of the problem under LVG and Mourinho was we tried to rush it. The signings we have made this time around have more long term planning behind them. The way we are trying to play has more long term planning behind it. So I don't see it as a disaster. THe Dybala thing was at odds with it all so I wasn't comfortable with it, but just couldn't be too against it either because he's such a good player.

But you know, struggling to find goalscoreres I can understand, but fecking hell, there's plenty of young midfielders about who at worst aren't a step down from players who'll be in our first team a lot this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.