Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

TsuWave

No top player at a top club is going to be convinced to join us without money, what a load of fecking rubbish. What else would he have here? Apart from the ability to build his brand. If he was coming here for that alone, it'd prove he didn't have the right mentality. The fact that he is unconvinced of us because of our footballing ability, goes to show he's in it for the right reasons.

We have been shite for far too long for this just to be an exception now, it's the norm. We've made bad mistake after bad mistake and despite spending more than just about everyone, are so far from competing it's hilarious. No top player is going to be convinced of that without money. That's not even taking into account the fact that we are far more likely to qualify for the Europa than the CL these days and have a completely unproven manager.
I agree

clarkydaz

Dude is 25 and hasn't won the champions league or done anything significant other than coasting towards numerous Serie A titles yet he wants 350k? Really dont want him here if he cant prove why we should be on that amount. Ed woodward is doing a good job sending a message that we just dont give out big contracts without players earning it. Sanchez is an exception because he had proven himself at arsenal and we were all convinced we were getting one of the best forwards in the league. At 25 if you arent top 10 players in the world I see no reason why you should request 350k per week. Him and his agent are pretty delusional. They must think they are doing us a service coming here.

At this point I really don't care anymore how this transfer goes. If he arrives or not I couldn't care less. Just hope we have a plan before thursday because my mental health is at stake.
He doesnt particulary want to be here, he can demand what he likes

Ondrej

He knows he would have to put in a shift here so he asks for ridiculous money. He's more happy just rotting on Juve's bench and collecting a check so I guess it's for the better that we didn't sign someone like that.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Dude is 25 and hasn't won the champions league or done anything significant other than coasting towards numerous Serie A titles yet he wants 350k? Really dont want him here if he cant prove why we should be on that amount. Ed woodward is doing a good job sending a message that we just dont give out big contracts without players earning it. Sanchez is an exception because he had proven himself at arsenal and we were all convinced we were getting one of the best forwards in the league. At 25 if you arent top 10 players in the world I see no reason why you should request 350k per week. Him and his agent are pretty delusional. They must think they are doing us a service coming here.

At this point I really don't care anymore how this transfer goes. If he arrives or not I couldn't care less. Just hope we have a plan before thursday because my mental health is at stake.
If Martial is on 250 a week i dont see why he wouldn't want 350. Anyway he never wanted sign for us for obvious reasons.

Cliche Guevara

I bet this will turn around again tomorrow...

His agent has been in discussion probably asking for a ridiculous salary (and agent fees) because he has seen that Ed & his team have thrown salaries/fees around like confetti in the past - therefore he is only doing his job - however, finally our negotiating team have said that we are not getting our trousers pulled down yet again and have said this is our offer and that’s it....they asking for me so we’ve finally grown some balls and said - ok forget it then...

That puts the ball back in Juve’s and his agents court so let’s see what they do next.....

Juve clearly want Lukaku so doubt they gonna just give up - and if he said he wasn’t interested there wouldn’t have been several days of discussions already.....

we have an unfortunate reputation now for paying players obscene/inflated salaries - hence we can’t shift anyone out - so all agents think it’s Xmas when negotiating with us these days so that’s their starting position

This one will pick up steam again tomorrrow!
Yeah, I can see a bit of that.

Dybala doesn’t want to leave Juventus so he asks for mental money. We say feck this we’re out of here.

Juventus tell Dybala it’s your signature or your brains on that contract. You’re fecking going there. Go back and do it properly...

LoCalXT

Seems like some of you don't learn or contradict yourselves.
We all know money is not the problem, why pay someone who doesn't want to be here?
We need to buy our actual needs ( midfilders) not more luxury players and try to force them into our team.
For a long while it's starting to look like Ole is actually forming and identity for the club again, why stop that and repeat the same mistakes?

redshaw

Dybala and his entourage would have to come back pretty sheepish to get this on track, I doubt either will or want to. I think it's dead and fair fecks to both. Club set a wage, he wanted more to come, we don't have time to drag this out so pull the plug.

Dybala can see what comes in from the continent over the next month, in Jan, next summer or force his way back or wait out Sarri/Ronaldo. The fans love him and things can be patched over.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I understand his not wanting to join. He's at a better club and I doubt we did a great job convincing him of our ambition. That being said, I'm not too disappointed by this as I think we have more pressing concerns in midfield which is where I really want to see us make a first XI addition asap. And seeing as we can't hardly complete deals in the market, I hope all our efforts are now in fixing our below par midfield.

KennyBurner

He doesnt particulary want to be here, he can demand what he likes
He wouldn't even get that amount if he was starting at Juventus and about to renew next year. Him and his agent are overestimating his footballing abilities. If he was worth 350k there wouldn't be such a divide on the forum whether he should come or not. If Neymar was in his same situation I bet we would give him 500k even if he didn't want to come because he is worldclass. Dybala is just a great player who we aren't even sure would create an impact here. Let him keep demanding obscene amounts as long as he is fine wasting his already regressed career.

haram

I for one would be happier with a CM than Dybala this summer. Ideally a DM. Dybalas just too risky for me.

Save the money for a RW like Sancho next summer.
What do you mean save the money? How about sign Dybala now and sign Sancho next summer because that is the type of quality we need.

Save the money on a CB last summer just to buy the same one this summer for more. Great idea.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Not bothered about missing out on him, and not surprised that Juve want rid. I've never been that impressed by him.

slir32

Only wanted him to come if he actually wanted the move. It was obvious he was in talk cause Juve where clearing him out. We don't need players who don't want to play for us 100%.

Sterling Archer

Why would Dybala reject us or come off in such a way as to scupper the deal before meeting with Sarri to learn his role next season?

Two days ago the kid was in so much pain and anguish that Juve were treating him this way, just trying to usher him out.

So now he's going to force the stay and ruin any feasible outs he has?

Justin Bieber

Apparently he was willing to come for 18m a year and 13m for his agent. According to the times.

Art Vandelay

That argument falls apart when we are paying Martial and Rashford £250k a week and they've done even less in the game than Dybala. Don't get me wrong, I like that we are saying no, but we only have ourselves to blame here that these kinds of wages are expected of us.

KennyBurner

That argument falls apart when we are paying Martial and Rashford £250k a week and they've done even less in the game than Dybala. Don't get me wrong, I like that we are saying no, but we only have ourselves to blame here that these kinds of wages are expected of us.
I dont think those figures are correct. I believe they both get below 200k with performance bonuses included. I read somewhere that rashford was actually 150k with goal/performance related bonuses. I think martial might be a bit higher with also the same bonuses. Dybala doesn't get 250k at Juventus so why on earth would he feel entitled to 350k which is reserved for a top 5 best player? Just thinking about the entitlement form him and his agent is actually tilting and disrespectful.

manuchamp88

Hope this grandstanding over Dybala is worth it if we fail to sign 2 quality players (mid and upfront) within 3 days. We are simply screwed if not. We don't have a consistent enough goal scorer and we'll be dependent on Pogba in midfield till he gets exhausted. Again. Useless Woodward & co. once more leaving us in an uncomfortable position when we should had our deals wrapped up way before now. We won't attract top players unless we pay up either in transfer fees or in wages. That's the hard truth. We simply don't have the draw we used to for a lot of players. Consequences of years of failure to properly invest.

SCJY

I didn't see mention of the issue of his image rights in the latest reports, but there is probably no way United want to sign a player whose image rights are owned by a third party. Seems like maybe we were unaware of the situation and if it's true, I can't imaging any other major club wanting him and I don't blame Juve wanting to get rid. Glad United are finally growing a set too.

SinNombre

One where Manchester United have finished in the top four twice in six years, I guess.
One where United played the CL last 2 seasons and missed out for the first time in 3 years, I guess.

We are half decent at this point, but rudderless in terms of direction.

Maguire and done for the summer me thinks.
Lukaku will be sold and a midfielder will be bought.

Will be it the one we want? Not necessarily.

If Martial is on 250 a week i dont see why he wouldn't want 350. Anyway he never wanted sign for us for obvious reasons.
Martial is paid 200k plus bonuses.

Even if we assume your higher number, why should Dybala get paid more? His last 18 months have been worse than Martial playing for a better team.

And he is 2 years older. Martial is paid for the likelihood that he will have a breakthrough season this year being his first season as a guaranteed starter.

Apparently he was willing to come for 18m a year and 13m for his agent. According to the times.
Stay away.

Dybala thinks he is Messi while his performances are at the level of Martial.

Sterling Archer

Juve really don't want him there next season, whether for financial reasons or not. Before all the rumors about us, there was a fair bit of noise about Dybala to Spurs.

It's going to interesting to see how the next few days pan out. Wouldn't be surprised with a deadline day deal because Dybala has no better choice and United also have fecked all their transfers

SCJY

What a kick in the teeth, ruined my week.
Why though? I mean, how have you not figured out yet that you shouldn't get excited until the player has signed or is getting his picture taken holding up a United shirt? It's all bullshit until then. Not worth losing sleep over at all. Why crave something that was never meant to be in the first place?

Still though, would have been nice. And feck the board anyway.

SaintMuppet

Well I won’t say I told you so but...

Time to move on from the disinterested one. I’m sure there is another player we have no interest in you can all go psychotic over.

We may sign one more. If so I’ll guess it will be a squad midfielder. I can’t tell you who it will be only it won’t be some AAA superstar, likely an uppancummer....

Red Stone

Spurs would never pay Dybala want he wants to leave Juve.
Spurs would probably have to pay him less since they're an established top 4 club and have CL football this season. They can offer more than us from a football perspective. All we have to tempt players with is is our name and our money at the moment.

Waynne

Sick and tired of players coming to United for pay checks. Sick and tired. If true that we are rejecting this player for his huge wages with no desire to be here, then good. I'm glad the club is learning.
Also feck Sanchez to Hades. Taking up the wage bill and doing feck all else.

manuchamp88

Why though? I mean, how have you not figured out yet that you shouldn't get excited until the player has signed or is getting his picture taken holding up a United shirt? It's all bullshit until then. Not worth losing sleep over at all. Why crave something that was never meant to be in the first place?

Have you never had any hopes or dreams? People get excited by the prospect of something good happening...

manuchamp88

Bunch of scheissters these United negotiators. It's been about 5 days and they've known from DAY 1 Dybala preferred to stay at Juve and now they leak this to make themselves look noble for pulling out. You establish whether a players truly wants to play for you from the get-go and then if not, stop negotiations right there if that's your philosophy, OR, you accept that the player doesn't really want to come, needs convincing and so also accept you will have to pay inflated salaries. They got the fans' hopes up for nothing and they know it.

stepic

This is like telling someone after a CL loss: why though? I mean, have you not figured out yet that you shouldn’t get excited until the final whistle has blown or is getting his picture taken with the Cup in his hands? It’s all bullshit until then. Not worth losing sleep over. Why crave something that was never meant to be in the first place?

Status
Not open for further replies.