Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
They're also a tiny team compared to Juve, a team he clearly has no interest in leaving.
Our income is now larger than Juve's, we have a world-class stadium and training centre, a much sought-after manager and don't play in a one-horse inferior league. Moreover, last season, en-route to the CL final, we knocked out the team that had knocked out Juve.

You might wish to see Juve as a currently bigger club, that's up to you, but to describe Spurs as "tiny" in comparison is beyond ridiculous. You're letting Dybala's apparent rejection of United get to you.

It's far from impossible that Dybala would choose to come to Spurs, even if I'd still reckon that such a deal is unlikely: he'd be playing in the CL, playing in the Prem, based in one of the world's great capital cities, playing for an Argentinian manager and joining three other Argentinian players.

Hawks2008

He'd just be another mercenary, feck him.
Yeah, mercenaries like Sancho and now Dybala turning us down. Hope we never go back for them as they don't have the 100% desire to come. Would both end up like Di Maria. Only players who are grateful to be here, not money grabbers from foreign leagues.

Judas

Open to offers
Yeah, mercenaries like Sancho and now Dybala turning us down. Hope we never go back for them as they don't have the 100% desire to come. Would both end up like Di Maria. Only players who are grateful to be here, not money grabbers from foreign leagues.
:lol::houllier: what's this bizarre narrative? Some of you lot need to take a step back. Dybala isn't a mercenary either, he just doesn't want to come here, fair enough, its not difficult to understand why.

Crimson King

Our income is now larger than Juve's, we have a world-class stadium and training centre, a much sought-after manager and don't play in a one-horse inferior league. Moreover, last season, en-route to the CL final, we knocked out the team that had knocked out Juve.

You might wish to see Juve as a currently bigger club, that's up to you, but to describe Spurs as "tiny" in comparison is beyond ridiculous. You're letting Dybala's apparent rejection of United get to you.

It's far from impossible that Dybala would choose to come to Spurs, even if I'd still reckon that such a deal is unlikely: he'd be playing in the CL, playing in the Prem, based in one of the world's great capital cities, playing for an Argentinian manager and joining three other Argentinian players.
He doesn't want to come to England and isn't interested in playing in the Premier League from the looks of it. I'm sure being able to offer the CL next season would help, but I don't think he'd find Spurs any more enticing as United right now. You put too much stock in the shiny new stadium/training ground, which you bring up every chance you get, and managers come and go so not sure how much that would help.

Also, I'm not sure Spurs would be willing to offer him what United supposedly offered, and I certainly don't think they'd agree to what he and his agent apparently requested.

iluvoursolskjær

Searching for life's white text in London
That's what it seems like, especially at the salary figures quoted. Wouldn't mind a more bonus oriented contract which boosts it to those kinda numbers, but a flat ridiculously inflated fee for another South American who doesn't particularly wanna be here? feck that.

OleGunnar20

Well hey ho, I'm glad we've apparently learned our lesson and stopped bribing people into coming here.

Playing for us should be a huge honour. Look at the mentality of people like Evra, Cantona & VDS - we were a proud club who instilled that pride in our players.

I think that's the biggest thing we've lost since SAF's departure and it'll be a long road to recapture. But hey if this is true then it's a step in the right direction, great stuff.

I'd much rather a fully committed James than a reluctant Dybala.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
So who ever doesnt want to join us is a mercenary. Right. Maybe they would rather join a better team than us? Play in the Champions league maybe even win it? join a team that is challenging for the title? That has a proven manager? Nah. Merceneries.

Eddy_JukeZ

There's nothing to wish.

Juventus are clearly a bigger club than Tottenham.

marktan

What do you mean save the money? How about sign Dybala now and sign Sancho next summer because that is the type of quality we need.

Save the money on a CB last summer just to buy the same one this summer for more. Great idea.
I just don't think he's that good, if we got on him on a loan then yeah sure, but I'd rather spend £50m on a midfielder this summer if it's a straight toss up between the two positions. Of course if we get neither then I'd much rather have Dybala!

rojo81

Supports
Juventus

All that and 0 trophies to show.

Of course Juve is a much bigger club than Spurs, come on.

And on topic, this whole saga feels really weird. First Juventus desperate to take lukaku makes no sense to me, and then Dybala asking for ridiculous wages also seems fishy. Who knows what's really going on.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic

Not impossible but unlikely = unlikely = Dybala won't sign for Tottenham.

Hawks2008

:lol::houllier: what's this bizarre narrative? Some of you lot need to take a step back. Dybala isn't a mercenary either, he just doesn't want to come here, fair enough, its not difficult to understand why.
So who ever doesnt want to join us is a mercenary. Right. Maybe they would rather join a better team than us? Play in the Champions league maybe even win it? join a team that is challenging for the title? That has a proven manager? Nah. Merceneries.
Was being sarcastic guys..

haram

I just don't think he's that good, if we got on him on a loan then yeah sure, but I'd rather spend £50m on a midfielder this summer if it's a straight toss up between the two positions. Of course if we get neither then I'd much rather have Dybala!
The briefs are saying no Lukaku replacement and we are not in for Bruno. There is no excuse for any of this.

TsuWave

We should target Lee Cattermole. We need a passionate midfielder with some grit and bravery.

Red_toad

Do not want. Move on, sign a DM and let gomes emerge
Could well be a long term positive, I really hope Angel gets lots of game time now and he could develop into a world class player and someone who really appreciates the club and fans, not just someone who's here for the cash.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Spurs would probably have to pay him less since they're an established top 4 club and have CL football this season. They can offer more than us from a football perspective. All we have to tempt players with is is our name and our money at the moment.
He has Dele and Eriksen at the same position. Would be worse than United in terms of playing time, Salary ,agent fees and transfer fees to Juve.

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55
Tbh I'm happy it turned out this way, and I'm convinced it's for the best.

Dybala is clearly not interested in playing for us. Fair play, at least he didn't come over and sulk here.

He's not in a position that we actually need to sign. He doesn't even fit the profile of player we said we'd target, the young, up and coming, hungry, preferably British player. In fact he's just come off a bad season.

This seemed more like an impulse buy because a 'big name' became available. Somehow it seems consistent with Woodward's mode of operation about being a big club able to attract 'big names'.

I think we dodged shooting ourselves in the foot, and the whole affair serves to highlight that something is wrong at the club as a whole, and our recruitment is one of the worst affected areas.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Disappointing end. If player didn't want to leave there isn't much we can do about it. Hopefully we get good replacement for Lukaku.

Denis79

Disappointing end. If player didn't want to leave there isn't much we can do about it. Hopefully we get good replacement for Lukaku.
Would rather see a CM come in for the Lukaku money tbh. Think we'll be ok in attack without replacing him.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
I really hope we have a contingency in place for this exact situation, as it has seemed to be the outcome from day 1. Hopefully we actually have targets in mind and we're not just repeating past transfer windows by throwing money at whatever sticks

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
You are correct, we cannot just call names every player who doesn't want to play for us, HOWEVER from the sound of it Dybala was more than happy to join United if he were payed 350K/week and it was United who said "Sorry, you are not worth it, kid". That kind of money isn't paid for talent, it is paid for results, and Dybala has been a flop all last season at Juve. He also plays in a non-competitive league and the possibility of his success at EPL is completely unclear. He is mercenary because he is driven by money and is unrealistic about his real worth, not because he doesn't want to play for United.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
The next few days are going to be the ultimate test to Juve's prickness level. I believe They will call him into the board's room and start verbally attacking him.

You know those Italian mafias aren't jokes. "Go to the Manchester and get paid a lot of money, or deliver Pizzas on a bicycle. Just pick one you idiota. Why are you looking at me?".

iluvoursolskjær

Searching for life's white text in London
To clarify the core of my point with regards to Dybala potentially being a mercenary, it's cos the guy clearly doesn't want to play for us. He's being forced out Juve's door and going on reports, doesn't seem too enthuastic about joining United.

Personally I'd rather sign player who wants to be here, regardless of how talented they are. Otherwise it can literally turn out to be another Di Maria. Parking up at United until his desired club comes calling.

Nothing to do with calling anyone who doesn't end up joining us a mercenary for the sake of it. That's just stupid.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
To clarify the core of my point with regards to Dybala potentially being a mercenary, it's cos the guy clearly doesn't want to play for us. He's being forced out Juve's door and going on reports, doesn't seem too enthuastic about joining United.

Personally I'd rather sign player who wants to be here, regardless of how talented they are. Otherwise it can literally turn out to be another Di Maria. Parking up at United until his desired club comes calling.

Nothing to do with calling anyone who doesn't end up joining us a mercenary for the sake of it. That's just stupid.
This, bro. Also suggesting only substandard player is interested in joining United is plain stupid.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Bayern rejected to sign James for €42m so he's worth even less now. So max, the offer is €70m which is less than we originally paid!

What a derisory offer that is.

That's before you factor in that I strongly doubt James has any desire to come here anyway. It would be a mirror of the Dybala situation.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
He probably never wanted to play for us. This is the step in right direction for us after the recent failures of high profile signings. Hoping the current forwards do their job this season and we return to CL next season.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Yea let’s all pretend Ed has shown some bollocks and stood up for our football club for once. While we’re at it let’s all pretend we didn’t reeeeally want a player of his quality. Ew.

Bullshit - Ed ran to the hills once he saw he can’t profit off of Dybalas image rights.

Judas

Open to offers
I really hope we have a contingency in place for this exact situation, as it has seemed to be the outcome from day 1. Hopefully we actually have targets in mind and we're not just repeating past transfer windows by throwing money at whatever sticks
:lol: Us having a contingency plan, I needed a good chuckle.

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
Surely they just forget the 1 before 27, I don't see it any other way.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
You are correct, we cannot just call names every player who doesn't want to play for us, HOWEVER from the sound of it Dybala was more than happy to join United if he were payed 350K/week and it was United who said "Sorry, you are not worth it, kid". That kind of money isn't paid for talent, it is paid for results, and Dybala has been a flop all last season at Juve. He also plays in a non-competitive league and the possibility of his success at EPL is completely unclear. He is mercenary because he is driven by money and is unrealistic about his real worth, not because he doesn't want to play for United.
I don't think he is a mercenary at all, he didn't want the move so demanded crazy money so that United reject him rather than him rejecting us. He can go back to Juve now and hopefully they can give us Matuidi and Mandzukic for Rom.

SER19

Could well be a long term positive, I really hope Angel gets lots of game time now and he could develop into a world class player and someone who really appreciates the club and fans, not just someone who's here for the cash.
Yeah, midfield is more urgent. Sort it and use the best of gomes Greenwood lingard on the right.

minh_loc_xoay

I don't think he is a mercenary at all, he didn't want the move so demanded crazy money so that United reject him rather than him rejecting us. He can go back to Juve now and hopefully they can give us Matuidi and Mandzukic for Rom.
Matuidi is 32 years old already, so he's past the expiry date for 2 years. He no longer has the engine to combat for us in the middle of the park. And no re-sale value either. The same for Mandzukic.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
So basically Lukaku's fee will be basically used to finance Maguire.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Matuidi is 32 years old already, so he's past the expiry date for 2 years. He no longer has the engine to combat for us in the middle of the park. And no re-sale value either. The same for Mandzukic.
Juventus should keep their rubbish.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.