Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

Utd7

Not getting Dybala isn’t a big deal. Sign a creative MF, and move Pogba to No. 10 since OGS is using 4-2-3-1

gr3yham3

I think the issue is that I don't see any DM that we can get in this window, made worse by the fact that we have been linked with none of them and the window is closing in 4 days.

Won't surprise me if Dybala accepts our terms after meeting up with the rest of the Juve team and Sarri later today.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
It was known and reported last week that 1) Dybala didn’t want to leave and

2) He wasn’t convinced about Man Utd being a club for him (most probably not convinced we had the manager to take us back to the top)

So why did the club waste 1 week ‘negotiating’ with him? Is it utter incompetence, or was it silence the “GlazersOut” trend on Twitter and justify no other signings?

Also why is it always Woodward negotiating, doesn’t Solskjaer ever talk to the players on a football level to convince them?

Not optimistic. We have a clueless manager and terrible CEO, and the worse owners of any top club

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Bayern rejected to sign James for €42m so he's worth even less now. So max, the offer is €70m which is less than we originally paid!

What a derisory offer that is.

That's before you factor in that I strongly doubt James has any desire to come here anyway. It would be a mirror of the Dybala situation.
Its to stir up the hornet's nest. Flashing a bit of cleavage.

Renew Pogba's hope and then possibly for him to agitate a bit.

Sky12

Supports
Chelsea
Our income is now larger than Juve's, we have a world-class stadium and training centre, a much sought-after manager and don't play in a one-horse inferior league. Moreover, last season, en-route to the CL final, we knocked out the team that had knocked out Juve.

You might wish to see Juve as a currently bigger club, that's up to you, but to describe Spurs as "tiny" in comparison is beyond ridiculous. You're letting Dybala's apparent rejection of United get to you.

It's far from impossible that Dybala would choose to come to Spurs, even if I'd still reckon that such a deal is unlikely: he'd be playing in the CL, playing in the Prem, based in one of the world's great capital cities, playing for an Argentinian manager and joining three other Argentinian players.
Pfft he won't turn down bloody Manchester United and come to you lot, what are you smoking. You guys need to stop going on about that stadium of yours. Yes it's nice but messi won't be gagging to join you anytime soon because of it. He wants 350k a week FFS, are u guys gonna pay him more that Kane? That will be the beginning of the end of "that project" of yours. Besides, he saw you guys organizing an open bus parade for Audi Cup.

sglowrider

2) He wasn’t convinced about Man Utd being a club for him (most probably not convinced we had the manager to take us back to the top)

So why did the club waste 1 week ‘negotiating’ with him? Is it utter incompetence, or was it silence the “GlazersOut” trend on Twitter and justify no other signings?

Also why is it always Woodward negotiating, doesn’t Solskjaer ever talk to the players on a football level to convince them?

Not optimistic. We have a clueless manager and terrible CEO, and the worse owners of any top club
You need to add 'clueless fans' onto that list too.

El K2k

I don't mind about if we pulled out of this deal because he doesnt want to come here. Good decision from the Club what worries me is that we end up having unhappy Lukaku in the squad or selling him with no replacement. I dont believe Ed is smart enough to have a plan B.

manunited1919

I think the issue is that I don't see any DM that we can get in this window, made worse by the fact that we have been linked with none of them and the window is closing in 4 days.

Won't surprise me if Dybala accepts our terms after meeting up with the rest of the Juve team and Sarri later today.
Yes, agree with everything you are saying here. In my mind we should have targeted a DM from the beginning, even over Harry Maguire. I just don’t see anyone in the club that can play Matic’s role but with better legs and energy. That goal against Milan was all Matic, and Harry Maguire would have been a sitting duck and not been able to prevent the goal either. I like McT, but he isn’t ready and may never be ready for that DM role, I think McT is going to develop into a good 8.

manunited1919

90% of what’s reported is rubish, so you never know. Sometimes it takes a few meetings to find out if you can reach an agreement in a negotiation.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
You need to add 'clueless fans' onto that list too.
Most fans are not clueless. Many are guided by blind loyalty even its obvious someone is out of their depth. Eg Moyes back by many even past December simply because of “your job now is to back your new manager”

Or now Solskjaer being backed by many because of what he was as a player.

redIndianDevil

So who ever doesnt want to join us is a mercenary. Right. Maybe they would rather join a better team than us? Play in the Champions league maybe even win it? join a team that is challenging for the title? That has a proven manager? Nah. Merceneries.
If it was about football, he or his agent would have said no a lot sooner. We people don't have all the information but when we see reports that Dybala demands a 18m salary and 13m for his agent to sign for us, then that does make him look like a mercenary to me.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Our income is now larger than Juve's, we have a world-class stadium and training centre, a much sought-after manager and don't play in a one-horse inferior league. Moreover, last season, en-route to the CL final, we knocked out the team that had knocked out Juve.

You might wish to see Juve as a currently bigger club, that's up to you, but to describe Spurs as "tiny" in comparison is beyond ridiculous. You're letting Dybala's apparent rejection of United get to you.

It's far from impossible that Dybala would choose to come to Spurs, even if I'd still reckon that such a deal is unlikely: he'd be playing in the CL, playing in the Prem, based in one of the world's great capital cities, playing for an Argentinian manager and joining three other Argentinian players.
Imagine being this pig-headed :lol:

Juve signed one of the GOATs last summer, magnitude of such transfer involved the finances which Spurs can't hope to pull off even in their wildest dreams. This summer, they signed one of the best CB talents to emerge in a long time beating cash rich clubs like PSG in the process. The wages which those 2 are on are likely to make up 50+% of whatever Spurs total wage bill is.

Spurs fans have this habit of pretending they are big boys of Europe when they do nothing either on pitch (i.e. win trophies) or in market (make big boy signings) to warrant that, the reality is Spurs are just... pretenders.

manunited1919

Let’s see what Dybala’s camp do tomorrow. It’s hard to recover from this. Right now he has been made to look like a mercenary for asking £18m salary. I figure United were willing to go to £13m, which is £250k a week. Plus a cut from the image rights. It must be a good offer and stupid if Dybala to reject it.

Red_toad

So basically Lukaku's fee will be basically used to finance Maguire.
Gotta keep that net spend down... If so that'll mean we have more funds available for when we'r (hopefully) back in the Champions league and then more attractive to players. I can really see why Ole wanted British players, as they get how much of an honour it is to play for United.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Great player but if he doesn't want to play for United then there is no reason to try so hard to bring him. There will always be baggage with him, we need people who are committed to United and committed to taking us out of this present rut we are in.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Gotta keep that net spend down... If so that'll mean we have more funds available for when we'r (hopefully) back in the Champions league and then more attractive to players. I can really see why Ole wanted British players, as they get how much of an honour it is to play for United.
That's silly because there's very little chance of us making it to top 4 with just the new Steve Brucey, AWB and that reverse flash from the championship.

a- Matic is shot + we lost Herrera & Fellaini
b- we will be losing Lukaku
c- we haven't sorted the DDG's mess in terms of contract
d- our best player wants out

This squad is a mess. We've got no quality RW, our CM is a mess and we've got no cover/competition for Rashy

Last edited:

Womp

idiot
If it was about football, he or his agent would have said no a lot sooner. We people don't have all the information but when we see reports that Dybala demands a 18m salary and 13m for his agent to sign for us, then that does make him look like a mercenary to me.
Him or his agent didn’t say no though, we pulled out. The consensus all along was that due to footballing reasons, we had to overpay to convince him, it never changed. When you have little to offer in regards to success, you’re going to have have fall back on money.

manunited1919

Great player but if he doesn't want to play for United then there is no reason to try so hard to bring him. There will always be baggage with him, we need people who are committed to United and committed to taking us out of this present rut we are in.
Lingard is commited. But I would still rather have a mercenary Dybala than a committed Lingard in the team. All the best players in the world follow the money, do you think Ronaldo’s dream of playing for Madrid had nothing to do with money??

Red_toad

That's silly because there's very little chance of us making it to top 4 with just the new Steve Brucey, AWB and the runner from the championship especially since

a- we lost Herrera & Fellaini
b- we will be losing Lukaku
c- we probably lose DDG in a year's time
d- our best player wants out

This squad is a mess. We've got no quality RW, our CM is a mess and we've got no cover/competition for Rashy
I don't have the answers, but there must be a plan. Looking at the positives Greenwood has looked very good and we're going to be much better defeisively. I'm mostly worried about our midfield, shame we've no youngster who'd be up to covering Matic on a regular basis. I do suspect we'll get another body in 'if' Lukaku leaves, I'm wishing the window was open longer...

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I don't have the answers, but there must be a plan. Looking at the positives Greenwood has looked very good and we're going to be much better defeisively. I'm mostly worried about our midfield, shame we've no youngster who'd be up to covering Matic on a regular basis. I do suspect we'll get another body in 'if' Lukaku leaves, I'm wishing the window was open longer...
Yeah the biggest club in the world will be relying on a 17 year old striker to bail us out based on some good performances in preseason training. That does sound reassuring. Hopefully he can play as DM and as b2b midfielder as well, cause there's no way we'll look half decent with an ageing Matic and that rubbish player we've brought from the Ukrainian league in CM.

The only new signing I can see us making is Mandzukic and that's because Juventus want to get rid of him.

The club has let another manager down. This time round, he's a United legend ie a man who has put his reputation on the line to bail us out. This transfer window is nowhere near as good for the task at hand.

Last edited:

redIndianDevil

Him or his agent didn’t say no though, we pulled out. The consensus all along was that due to footballing reasons, we had to overpay to convince him, it never changed. When you have little to offer in regards to success, you’re going to have have fall back on money.
By all reports, we pulled out because they were asking for more money, hence he is a mercenary. Nothing wrong with being a mercenary though, we all work for money and would move for more money.

sglowrider

Let’s see what Dybala’s camp do tomorrow. It’s hard to recover from this. Right now he has been made to look like a mercenary for asking £18m salary. I figure United were willing to go to £13m, which is £250k a week. Plus a cut from the image rights. It must be a good offer and stupid if Dybala to reject it.
Not sure what Dybala does from here, apart from hoping a big boy comes out of nowhere and tries to sign him. All a bit awkward.
He has undergone a whole range of emotions in the past week or so -- from shock, rejection to anger to now needing to save some face/pride and getting United to pay for that.

If he had waited a few days or the proposal had come a few weeks earlier, i think we would have got a more rational proposal from Dybala's camp.

In such an emotional state, I can't see him being as rational as to climb down from his outrageous proposal, given the time we have left.

redIndianDevil

Yeah the biggest club in the world will be relying on a 17 year old striker to bail us out based on some good performances in preseason training. That does sound reassuring. Hopefully he can play as DM and as b2b midfielder as well, cause there's no way we'll look half decent with an ageing Matic and that rubbish player we've brought from the Ukrainian league in CM.

The only new signing I can see us making is Mandzukic and that's because Juventus want to get rid of him.

The club has let another manager down. This time round, he's a United legend ie a man who has put his reputation on the line to bail us out. This transfer window is nowhere near as good for the task at hand.
I'm sorry but this is a bit OTT. OGS had no reputation as a manager before we gave him the job.

RedCurry

fecking hell, people calling him mercenary :lol:
Wrong choice of word maybe, but asking that kind of money after the season he’s just had doesn’t make him seem bright or serious about football.

If he got his shit together and scored 25 goals at United for next couple of seasons, he’d become one of the best paid players in the world. Instead he’ll risk sitting on the Juve bench for a season and waste one of his prime footballing year. I don’t know what the right word is for that type of player.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Wrong choice of word maybe, but asking that kind of money after the season he’s just had doesn’t make him seem bright or serious about football.

If he got his shit together and scored 25 goals at United for next couple of seasons, he’d become one of the best paid players in the world. Instead he’ll risk sitting on the Juve bench for a season and waste one of his prime footballing year. I don’t know what the right word is for that type of player.
Or maybe he is convinced he can force his way into the starting 11 and can play big role in them winning CL.

Asking for bigger contract is not wrong or won't make him mercenary. If anything he is showing superb loyalty to Juventus which is very rare in football.

PieCrust

I mean, none of this is really surprising. We're barely a top 6 EPL club, and more likely to finish mid-table than top 4. The Manchester United name isn't what it was 10 years ago and especially to this new generation of players. The only thing we can offer are wages that other clubs cannot match. Coupled with the fact that Dybala just isn't interested in United, it's no wonder he's asked for such a huge contract. He doesn't want to come, so fair play to him. We should avoid him at this stage, even if Juventus convinces him to sign as he just isn't committed to our club.

SER19

I think he's quality and has done nothing wrong. But I'm also feeling relieved for some reason, it just wasn't sitting right with me. Seemed a departure from what were aiming at, not keen to come and we were all uncertain of where he'd even play, very much deja vu to lots of failed signings.

Obviously we need an alternative, start the season without more creativity and a new DM and I think we will be tougher to beat, but nothing more.

flappyjay

Or maybe he is convinced he can force his way into the starting 11 and can play big role in them winning CL.

Asking for bigger contract is not wrong or won't make him mercenary. If anything he is showing superb loyalty to Juventus which is very rare in football.
You do realise they are the ones who approached us for the swap, they are trying to rid and he won't let go. If it was any other big regular ucl team he would have left Juventus . We are a downgrade from Juve football wise

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders

What if United doesn’t get its act together in the next year or two, even with a fully performing Dybala?

It’s his right to ensure he’ll be safe financially for the next 4/5 years, whatever the term of the new contract may be.

In all fairness, performance related bonuses can be added to the contract which may reward him for these 25+ goals seasons you’re talking about. This way we wouldn’t necessarily have to give him a new contract in 2 years.

Would definitely prefer that to risking offering a lower contract and not end up signing him.

Also, the season he’s had doesn’t reflect his true potential. He may have been on the bench because of a drop in his performances. But that drop may also have come as a result of the breakdown in his relationship with the manager who continuously played him out of position numerous times. At least now he’d have a higher chance of playing his favoured position/role.

Reactions: Sultan

roonster09

Scout
You do realise they are the ones who approached us for the swap, they are trying to rid and he won't let go. If it was any other big regular ucl team he would have left Juventus . We are a downgrade from Juve football wise
How does it matter who approached the swap? Player is loyal to Juventus and don't want to leave.

Also if he wants to leave for Spanish big 2, it changes nothing in the argument. That's a step up in his career.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
90% of what’s reported is rubish, so you never know. Sometimes it takes a few meetings to find out if you can reach an agreement in a negotiation.
Only 3 years ago Juve got to the CL final, we finished 5th. Yet a good manager got us Pogba and it was viewed as a step up. Why? Because 1) EPL 3) Money 3) The club history 4) Player believed manager could get club back to top.

You have to think did Dybala look at Ole and think yeah this guy can take the club back to the top. Did Ole even have the conviction to call him and show him love, make him feel wanted, and make him believe in the Ole “rebuild”? I doubt it.

roonster09

Scout
Only 3 years ago Juve got to the CL final, we finished 5th. Yet a good manager got us Pogba and it was viewed as a step up. Why? Because 1) EPL 3) Money 3) The club history 4) Player believed manager could get club back to top.

You have to think did Dybala look at Ole and think yeah this guy can take the club back to the top. Did Ole even have the conviction to call him and show him love, make him feel wanted, and make him believe in the Ole “rebuild”? I doubt it.

You are pulling everything out of your arse.

Pogba signed because he had connection to the club. If you want to spin it, last season Jose wanted Maguire, he signed new contract with leicester. This season Ole wanted Maguire, he pushed for the move and got it done. Easy to spin everything.

flappyjay

How does it matter who approached the swap? Player is loyal to Juventus and don't want to leave.

Also if he wants to leave for Spanish big 2, it changes nothing in the argument. That's a step up in his career.
Atletico, Liverpool, man city, psg, Bayern. Any big regular ucl contenders he would have left Juve for them. The only thing we have over these clubs is our popularity which goes hand in hand with the commercial side of things.

roonster09

Scout
Atletico, Liverpool, man city, psg, Bayern. Any big regular ucl contenders he would have left Juve for them. The only thing we have over these clubs is our popularity which goes hand in hand with the commercial side of things.
So many reports that he had reservations on PL. Doubt he would have packed his bags for Atletico or Bayern either. Anyways that's something can't be proven anyways, at least for now.

He was offered big contract and he still rejected it to stay at the club. Asking for big contract doesn't make anyone mercenary.

Status
Not open for further replies.