Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
So as per media, today Dybala will meet Sarri. In his first PC, Sarri spoke highly of Dybala, so for all we know selling Dybala was just management idea to balance books. If he rejects the move, Sarri might play him as #9 which was something that was reported when he was announced as manager.

roonster09

Scout
There is one more twist in this saga, I can feel it.
Today we will get more updates. Dybala will report to training and meet Sarri. So we should have more updates form Juventus journalists.

rojo81

Supports
Juventus
He would have to be intoxicated never mind ambition - if the club and coach want him out.....It's not like Juventus don't know the player. They KNOW the player and what he can do and they've shown him the door. They choose a 34/35 year old Ronaldo over him. If he wants to stay so much? Why don't he ask Juve to lower his contract.....you know? To make him more financially manageable.

The fact is if a player negotiates with someone else, they would consider a move. The issue seems to be he's greedy. The balls in his and his agents court.

In our situation Lukaku, has accepted it because he knows he does not have the quality or ability to prove Ole wrong. His technical game/movement etc are not dynamic enough
We don't know if sarri doesn't want him. Maybe he spoke with Sarri and knew he wanted him so he decided to stay and let the club figure another way to sort the financial situation, if there is one.

Some reports said that sarri didn't want him, but before the saga started, sarri spoke highly of him. He seems to fit sarris system much more than Lukaku, playing in a front three with Costa and Ronaldo on the wings.

Marcelinho87

Stop pushing the anti-Rashfrd narrative.
Why is it anti-Rashford to claim he won't score more than 20 goals in all comps? I don't think he will and I like the guy... He just isn't ready to lead the line for United, not yet.

Why such blind love for him?

Classical Mechanic

I think this is an opportunity for Juve to offer a sweetener on the cost of the transfer. Cover the agent fee and this is why no official communication has been made.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I'm sorry but this is a bit OTT. OGS had no reputation as a manager before we gave him the job.
He’s got a sterling reputation as a player. He left United as a legend and in 6 months time he might be remembered as the guy who failed United in their bid to make to the CL thanks to his naive tactics and his inability to attract players.

Terminator

Thankfully, we've avoided another Angel Di Maria debacle! *raised hands*
Just because it happened with the unprofessional prick ADM doesn't mean it has to happen with future signings. Players can be at a club for just money and still perform incredibly.

RedStarUnited

Surely the Di Maria/Sanchez and to some extent Pogba scenarios ring alarm bells with those promoting that we continue trying to recruit players (world class or not) who mainly want to be here for the big payday. Pogba puts in a shift when he can be bothered whilst obviously distracted by his next big potential move. These massive cash deals also put intense pressure on the players.
Liverpool/Tottenham's strategy of recruiting good quality players with potential for improvement who are eager to join the clubs seems to have worked slightly better i would argue.. Give me a Salah or Mane over a Dybala any day.
I think the club must recognise this but we're all about cash and marketing opportunities at this club
We were linked with Mane quite a lot before he went Liverpool. And a lot in here didnt want him.

We don't know if sarri doesn't want him. Maybe he spoke with Sarri and knew he wanted him so he decided to stay and let the club figure another way to sort the financial situation, if there is one.

Some reports said that sarri didn't want him, but before the saga started, sarri spoke highly of him. He seems to fit sarris system much more than Lukaku, playing in a front three with Costa and Ronaldo on the wings.
Why would Ronaldo move back to the wing at the age of 35? I highly doubt that. Not only that, he is their most capable scorer, Sarri is crazy to move him out to accommodate Dybala.

Enigma_87

You know who
He’s got a sterling reputation as a player. He left United as a legend and in 6 months time he might be remembered as the guy who failed United in their bid to make to the CL thanks to his naive tactics and his inability to attract players.
I doubt Ole's reputation as a player would take a hit whatsoever. He's still a top bloke.

red4ever 79

Dont understand the hate for Dybala really. Imagine being told you are leaving and told where you are going. If he doesnt want to come here then that's his choice. No need for all the personal insults.

roonster09

Scout
I think this is an opportunity for Juve to offer a sweetener on the cost of the transfer. Cover the agent fee and this is why no official communication has been made.
Official communication that we are dealing with player or that deal is over?

We never do that, no club announces anything until the deal is completed (with rate exceptions like Malcom, Ramsey).

Eddy_JukeZ

Official communication that we are dealing with player or that deal is over?

We never do that, no club announces anything until the deal is completed (with rate exceptions like Malcom, Ramsey).
Maybe he meant it from Juventus' side.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Do you think another season like 18/19 is in his best interests? Not producing enough goals, being benched for the big games and played out of position? If he is planing to join an inter or Spurs fair play to him but if he stays put at Juve then that would be a worse than coming to united
What's best for him depends on what he wants and ultimately we don't know it

Litch

We had a team only second to Barca, world class players all over the pitch and the greatest manager in the world, there were still players that we couldn't sign. Do you think SAF got every player he went for? Do you think Klopp or Pep get every player they target. It's complete nonsense and some of the fans are buying into it with the rhetoric of only being 6th placed team in Prem and no CL. I don't believe there's a footballer on the planet that wouldn't come to Utd because of those reasons as if anyone were to sign a 4 year deal, there are absolutely no guarantees that over the course of that contract that you will be finishing in the top 4. It's complete nonsense and dreamed up by players reps to get more money to stay or as an excuse to leave. I go to work cause I get paid, and not cause it's the best company in the world, sometimes those things are mutually but not always. Footballers are no different.

Last edited:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
What's best for him depends on what he wants and ultimately we don't know it
And he hasn't talked to Sarri yet, which means that he probably doesn't know it himself.

jackal&hyde

If we don't get a couple more missing pieces this window, we won't be in top 4. Midfield needs addressing now, mate.
I agree but it doesn't look likely. We'll have to hope that Mctominay and Fred step up and Pogba can have an injury free season and very good form.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Dont understand the hate for Dybala really. Imagine being told you are leaving and told where you are going. If he doesnt want to come here then that's his choice. No need for all the personal insults.
Agreed. It's not his fault what Juve have decided. I think those who were saying from the start that they didn't want him as he didn't want to come here are going to be very happy with this.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
We had a team only second to Barca, world class players all over the pitch and the greatest manager in the world, there were still players that we couldn't sign. Do you think SAF got every player he went for? Do you think Klopp or Pep get every player they target. It's complete nonsense and some of the fans are buying into it with the rhetoric of 6th team and no CL. I don't believe there's a footballer on the planet that wouldn't come to Utd because of those reasons as if they were to sign a 4 year deal, there are absolutely no guarantees that over the course of that contract that you will be finishing in the top 4. It's complete nonsense and dreamed up by players reps to get more money to stay or as an excuse to leave.
It's not a matter of guarantee but probabllities. Your logic would mean that every clubs are equal at all time which is obviously wrong.

rojo81

Supports
Juventus
We were linked with Mane quite a lot before he went Liverpool. And a lot in here didnt want him.

Why would Ronaldo move back to the wing at the age of 35? I highly doubt that. Not only that, he is their most capable scorer, Sarri is crazy to move him out to accommodate Dybala.
That's what sarri said after the preseason game against Spurs. That Cristiano will play on the left and dybala on the center as a false 9.

Dve

I think the issue is that I don't see any DM that we can get in this window, made worse by the fact that we have been linken with none of them and the window is closing in 4 days.

Won't surprise me if Dybala accepts our terms after meeting up with the rest of the Juve team and Sarri later today.
Genk’s Sander Berge.

Goku23

Theres one more twist yet I can feel it qe cant let Maguire be our last signing our midfield will be worse than last season especially if Pogba gets injured

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
I think Dybala wants to stay. Can't see the deal being done at this stage.

And if so, probably best for all parties.

One of the reasons he has sterling reputation, on top of everything else, is that he didn't want to leave for Spurs when the clubs even agreed the transfer fee, but fight for his place despite being 4th striker in the picking order. Think his reputation is pretty safe.

devilish

One of the reasons he has sterling reputation, on top of everything else, is that he didn't want to leave for Spurs when the clubs even agreed the transfer fee, but fight for his place despite being 4th striker in the picking order. Think his reputation is pretty safe.
If he fails at United then that won't go unnoticed. Its sad really. The guy has some good ideas for the club and he was asking for the right type of players. The board should have backed him

ArjenIsM3

If he leaves in 6 months and people remember him like that they truly are fecking idiots.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Is anyone disputing that?

The anger is that we have wasted time on this shit when we could have fecking well addressed the issues in our squad by targeting players who wanted to play for us.

If the club cares so deeply about not having mercenaries playing for us then why did we entertain the Dybala nonsense in the first place?

We are run by incompetent fecktards.

Because the situation with Dybala is more complicated than "dOeS hE noT WaNt tO pLaY hErE?!?!" .

Manchester United can not offer Champions League this year. Fans are constantly harping on this fact to show why the club is shite. Well, can we at least try to get there this year with some goddamn support from the fans?! Some of the posts I see here are like a bunch of harpies baying for blood just so satisfy your craving for negative headspace.

I mean, the fact that we've just turned our defense from atrocity to world class in a single transfer window doesn't even register on the f*cking radar. What's up with that? Oh no, it's just that one guy that didn't want to come here thats the mammolithic problem.

Paulo Dybala wants Champions League
Paulo Dybala wants to play for Juventus
Paulo Dybala loves life in Turin and does not want to move. Anywhere in the world except for a similiar warm climate and cultural destination. Ie. Not England.
Paulo Dybala would not have wanted to join: Liverpool, Manchester City, Chelsea or even Cardiff for the chance to live in a country where mist is considered a sunny beautiful day.
Paulo Dybala has made it expressively clear that he wants to play for Juventus
Paulo Dybala submitted a contract offer that no one on the planet would have given him, to torpedo the transfer to another club
Paulo Dybala sabotaged the transfer deliberately.

And that was that.

You know, it was worth a try, to ask the player and see if he could be convinced to change his grounds. I was against the transfer at first but I changed my mind eventually. I'm dissapointed the transfer did not go through, but it's clear that Dybala wants to remain in Juventus and we could not have learnt that if we did not try to entertain Juventus' transfer offer as we were not going to buy Dybala with cash.

You know what you should be upset about? How good Mason Greenwood is going to be this season and how ashamed everyone should be feeling when you think the staff wont play the kids.

devilish

If he leaves in 6 months and people remember him like that they truly are fecking idiots.
I am not saying that he will be remembered for just that but they will remember that he failed as manager with United. Also rest assured that the club will shift as much blame on him as possible. We're becoming experts on blaming all our ills on the manager

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Because the situation with Dybala is more complicated than "dOeS hE noT WaNt tO pLaY hErE?!?!" .

Manchester United can not offer Champions League this year. Fans are constantly harping on this fact to show why the club is shite. Well, can we at least try to get there this year with some goddamn support from the fans?! Some of the posts I see here are like a bunch of harpies baying for blood just so satisfy your craving for negative headspace.

I mean, the fact that we've just turned our defense from atrocity to world class in a single transfer window doesn't even register on the f*cking radar. What's up with that? Oh no, it's just that one guy that didn't want to come here thats the mammolithic problem.

I like the spirit of your post but this is nonsense. On paper it looks much better but we need to see them play for a few months before concluding we have a world class backline

ArjenIsM3

I am not saying that he will be remembered for just that but they will remember that he failed as manager with United. Also rest assured that the club will shift as much blame on him as possible. We're becoming experts on blaming all our ills on the manager
Yes we are. And we as fans shouldn't fall for it again and finally blame those that are actually responsible.

Status
Not open for further replies.