Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I like the spirit of your post but this is nonsense. On paper it looks much better but we need to see them play for a few months before concluding we have a world class backline
My post might be a bit more emotional than it usually is, but this particular claim I will go down with if it rings untrue.

Goku23

I like the spirit of your post but this is nonsense. On paper it looks much better but we need to see them play for a few months before concluding we have a world class backline
Defense is all well and good and it's a start but with no creativity besides Pogba in midfield oir attacking problems remain especially is Pogba is injured we need 1 more sigining be it a midfielder or a striker.

Litch

It's not a matter of guarantee but probabllities. Your logic would mean that every clubs are equal at all time which is obviously wrong.
I could win the lottery and that's a possibility but highly unlikely. What logic?

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Your anti-Rashford venom is transparent.
I have no anti-Rashford feelings CherryBoy, only pro-Rashford feelings and I'm serious. Like many on here I watched him in youth games on MUTV and think he's got the potential to be a world class player. I just haven't yet seen the ruthlessness and consistency to think he can bully us back up the table with goals. I hope I am proved wrong but Mandzukic would be an excellent player for us in the same way Larsson and Ibra were.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Do people think there's still life in this transfer? The optimism on here is quite admirable if that's the case.
I think the only way this still happens is if Dybala realises there is 0 chance of him playing for Juve next year.

Right now he's acting like a hearbroken teenager. We were probably happy to offer him a crazy wage but the fact he's not giving us any green lights is making the club worry.

If he can show positive intent i'm sure we will be happy to proceed, but he needs to start changing his mind quickly.

::sonny::

Matuidi is 32 years old already, so he's past the expiry date for 2 years. He no longer has the engine to combat for us in the middle of the park. And no re-sale value either. The same for Mandzukic.
You can’t have a team of only youngsters

Matoudi and Mandzukic are probably better professional than many of our players

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Yes we are. And we as fans shouldn't fall for it again and finally blame those that are actually responsible.
I studied a bit of psychology lately and I learnt how easy one can manipulate others if he has the means and the motivation to do so. Basically our brains is built to filter through a horde of information (ie smells, visionary stimuli, sound stimuli etc) and make sense of it. We're built to avoid complexity when we can. United have both.

The club will never go out and say that Ole was shit. They will stay silent, they'll replace him with the manager everyone wanted, the poor guy will be brought in thinking he can get anyone he wants and will clearly state so and then....'information' will start 'leaking'. Rumours about how players turned us down the moment we made Ole manager simply because he was just a rookie, how Ole refused to sign Pepe (if he's scoring 20 goals per season) because he got obsessed with Daniel James, how the ship sailed for Partey because he wasted precious time chasing Longstaff and how Dybala added 10m on his salary offer simply because he thought that our manager was a turd who couldn't find his way out of the loo let alone manage a top club. Little by little Ole will be turned into this idealistic rookie who took a job that he couldn't handle and had to rely on Giggsie's (James), Carrick's (Longstaff) and Sir Alex's (Maguire) judgement to bring in players. There's a reason why nearly an entire population of family oriented & religious people who believed that a Jew was God ended up backing a mad man who killed millions of Jews. That's the power of propaganda.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Defense is all well and good and it's a start but with no creativity besides Pogba in midfield oir attacking problems remain especially is Pogba is injured we need 1 more sigining be it a midfielder or a striker.
I agree. Don't get me wrong @Tom Cato , I like our backline very much now. I just wanna see it happen is all.
Regarding the rest, it's madness to me we haven't looked to sign a RW and a DM, so fecking crazy to me.

Sky12

Supports
Chelsea
Do people think there's still life in this transfer? The optimism on here is quite admirable if that's the case.
It's what we do as fans. Blind faith, I should know because I have a degree in the act of blind faith for example, even though we are banned from buying players. I still wake up every morning hoping that we will make a signing today

Last edited by a moderator:

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I studied a bit of psychology lately and I learnt how easy one can manipulate others if he has the means and the motivation to do so. Basically our brains is built to filter through a horde of information (ie smells, visionary stimuli, sound stimuli etc) and make sense of it. We're built to avoid complexity when we can. United have both.

The club will never go out and say that Ole was shit. They will stay silent, they'll replace him with the manager everyone wanted, the poor guy will be brought in thinking he can get anyone he wants and will clearly state so and then....'information' will start 'leaking'. Rumours about how players turned us down the moment we made Ole manager simply because he was just a rookie, how Ole refused to sign Pepe (if he's scoring 20 goals per season) because he got obsessed with Daniel James, how the ship sailed for Partey because he wasted precious time chasing Longstaff and how Dybala added 10m on his salary offer simply because he thought that our manager was a turd who couldn't find his way out of the loo let alone manage a top club. Little by little Ole will be turned into this idealistic rookie who took a job that he couldn't handle and had to rely on Giggsie's (James), Carrick's (Longstaff) and Sir Alex's (Maguire) judgement to bring in players
Oh dear. What a shame to look at things this way.

devilish

Oh dear. What a shame to look at things this way.
I don't see it that way. However that's the way the club or 'unofficial' leaks will probably portray things. We've already witnessed the demonisation of not 1 but 3 managers, all of which had way bigger reputation then Ole did.

kouroux

The club will never go out and say that Ole was shit. They will stay silent, they'll replace him with the manager everyone wanted, the poor guy will be brought in thinking he can get anyone he wants and will clearly state so and then....'information' will start 'leaking'. Rumours about how players turned us down the moment we made Ole manager simply because he was just a rookie, how Ole refused to sign Pepe (if he's scoring 20 goals per season) because he got obsessed with Daniel James, how the ship sailed for Partey because he wasted precious time chasing Longstaff and how Dybala added 10m on his salary offer simply because he thought that our manager was a turd who couldn't find his way out of the loo let alone manage a top club. Little by little Ole will be turned into this idealistic rookie who took a job that he couldn't handle and had to rely on Giggsie's (James), Carrick's (Longstaff) and Sir Alex's (Maguire) judgement to bring in players. There's a reason why nearly an entire population of family oriented & religious people who believed that a Jew was God ended up backing a mad man who killed millions of Jews. That's the power of propaganda.
The club has been manipulating fans since the sacking of Jose, the so-called appointment of a DOF, the so-called period to see if OGS had what it takes to be made permanent. From the start they wanted someone they can easily control and possibly burn when things go wrong.
It seems like a bit of conspiracy theory but I'm with you on the general idea.

redIndianDevil

He’s got a sterling reputation as a player. He left United as a legend and in 6 months time he might be remembered as the guy who failed United in their bid to make to the CL thanks to his naive tactics and his inability to attract players.
OGS' reputation as an United player will remain absolutely intact even if he relegates us this season. His managerial reputation however won't be but he had no reputation as a top manager in the world to begin with.

Mercurial

£18m salary and £13m agents fee plus imaging rights... he better be the second coming of the messiah for that fee.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
People say we're sensible now but we were stupid over hazard. At the end of the day, money is money. I think some people go with their first thought but this is a convoluted business. One minute the glazers are cheap and now they're sensible - from a situation created on twitter but the reality is if we spend no more money? Who's the smart ones? Who's the sensible ones?..

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I could win the lottery and that's a possibility but highly unlikely. What logic?
And the fact that you are stating in your first sentence will influence your actions when it comes to purchasing lottery tickets. Somehow the logic that you expressed in your previous post dismiss the use of probabilities that you used in this one. Players/agents will try to determine the likeliness of a club to achieve certain goals, like everyone else do about pretty much everything, and it will influence their likelihood to be interested in a club.

In the case of United top players will be wary because whatever we say, in the last 6 years we have failed to regularly improve the team and the squad options. They have no reason to believe that if they join us, this football club will manage to improve the team around them.

devilish

The club has been manipulating fans since the sacking of Jose, the so-called appointment of a DOF, the so-called period to see if OGS had what it takes to be made permanent. From the start they wanted someone they can easily control and possibly burn when things go wrong.
It seems like a bit of conspiracy theory but I'm with you on the general idea.
Its been going on for a long long time mate. First we've had the value signings theory. How Sir Alex was just thrilled of losing out on top players like Hazard simply because he would rather see the club's hard earned money go in the Glazers pockets rather then in replacing our old guard. Super agents got demonised and fans were laughed at by the club for suggesting very reasonable players (Paddy made a show out of a fan for the temerity of him asking for Ander Herrera who was at the time still playing with Bilbao). Then Moyes came in, he brought a list of top players he wanted only to having to settle down with erm Fellaini. Then so on and so fourth. Now we're back to the same excuses used by Sir Alex again. Players should want to come here on our terms. Else, we pretty much prefer not spending the money at all.

Don't take me wrong, Mou deserved it. His signings were mostly cack. However, you can't really bring in a manager only to poorly support him. That's crazy.

devilish

OGS' reputation as an United player will remain absolutely intact even if he relegates us this season. His managerial reputation however won't be but he had no reputation as a top manager in the world to begin with.
I hope you're right.

kouroux

Its been going on for a long long time mate. First we've had the value signings theory. How Sir Alex was just thrilled of losing out on top players like Hazard simply because he would rather see the club's hard earned money go in the Glazers pockets rather then in replacing our old guard. Super agents got demonised and fans were laughed at by the club for suggesting very reasonable players (Paddy made a show out of a fan for the temerity of him asking for Ander Herrera who was at the time still playing with Bilbao). Then Moyes came in, he brought a list of top players he wanted only to having to settle down with erm Fellaini. Then so on and so fourth. Don't take me wrong, Mou deserved it. His signings were mostly cack. However, you can't really bring in a manager only to poorly support him. That's crazy.
I couldn't have said it better. For all his faults, Mourinho had a point.

devilish

Mou had no legs to stand upon simply because most of his signings were cack. However yes, if you bring in/keep a manager then you support him.

Marcelinho87

For a player who doesn't want to play for United he sure wants to make sure he wouldn't be able to get out! Imagine we said yes to his demands? No club anywhere, ever would match or better that so he would be here for ever.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
I mean, the fact that we've just turned our defense from atrocity to world class in a single transfer window doesn't even register on the f*cking radar. What's up with that? Oh no, it's just that one guy that didn't want to come here thats the mammolithic problem..
It is all about perspective, while you may think the club needs to be applauded for fixing our defence in space of one summer. There's another line of thought, that our defence needed fixing for a long time. If the club hadn't pissed about a CB, ironically the one we signed this summer, we may very well be in CL places and players of quality of Dybala wouldn't be turning their noses at us. I am not saying either opinion is wrong, just highlighting why there could be a difference.

At the end of day, each and everyone of us wants what is best for United. Moaning and whining on forum/blindly supporting the club won't have an effect on what players do on the pitch.

Is the 18m before or after tax?
After tax, Agresti reported we offered him £11m basic plus rest in bonus. Don't exactly know where the higher end of deal went but obviously not £18m.

Adam-Utd

Mourinho DID get supported. He spent nearly 300m, the problem was all his signings failed apart from Ibra who was free, and Pogba who's obviously divisive.

No wonder the club lost faith in him and his decisions.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Its been going on for a long long time mate. First we've had the value signings theory. How Sir Alex was just thrilled of losing out on top players like Hazard simply because he would rather see the club's hard earned money go in the Glazers pockets rather then in replacing our old guard. Super agents got demonised and fans were laughed at by the club for suggesting very reasonable players (Paddy made a show out of a fan for the temerity of him asking for Ander Herrera who was at the time still playing with Bilbao). Then Moyes came in, he brought a list of top players he wanted only to having to settle down with erm Fellaini. Then so on and so fourth. Now we're back to the same excuses used by Sir Alex again. Players should want to come here on our terms. Else, we pretty much prefer not spending the money at all.

Don't take me wrong, Mou deserved it. His signings were mostly cack. However, you can't really bring in a manager only to poorly support him. That's crazy.
The issue is that the identity of the manager and his wishes will highly influence your ability to support him. Your view is a little bit too binary, their are players that you simply can't sign because you are not an interesting destination, the manager isn't attractive or you don't have the money to sway them or their club.

devilish

The issue is that the identity of the manager and his wishes will highly influence your ability to support him. Your view is a little bit too binary, their are players that you simply can't sign because you are not an interesting destination, the manager isn't attractive or you don't have the money to sway them or their club.
Juventus had hired totally inexperienced managers and yet.....they still signed the players they wanted mainly because players knew that there's a top football board whose calling the shots and they have a plan that's worth following. The reality is quite simply. Considering the clear flaws in the squad we shouldn't be in a situation were we'll days away from transfer deadline with just 2 decent signings and some winger from the championship. That's simply not good enough.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Mourinho DID get supported. He spent nearly 300m, the problem was all his signings failed apart from Ibra who was free, and Pogba who's obviously divisive.

No wonder the club lost faith in him and his decisions.
Then why did club extend his contract in early 2018? If they had no faith in how he was conducting himself in transfer market? Why was no infrastructure put in place to help him once the decision was made to extend? And if Mourinho wasn't happy to have someone buying for him, why wasn't he given the boot in summer?

No matter how you slice it, club has been run like a joke for a long time now. Mourinho for all his faults did finish on 81pts with these lot, what we would do for same points tally this season I wonder?

Adam-Utd

Then why did club extend his contract in early 2018? If they had no faith in how he was conducting himself in transfer market? Why was no infrastructure put in place to help him once the decision was made to extend? And if Mourinho wasn't happy to have someone buying for him, why wasn't he given the boot in summer?

No matter how you slice it, club has been run like a joke for a long time now. Mourinho for all his faults did finish on 81pts with these lot, what we would do for some points tally this season I wonder?
At that point things were going well. Before the contract he was being fairly positive - after that it ALL changed. His demeanor, the way he handled difficult situations. I think people forget but it was like he did it on purpose to get sacked.

The club were stupid to give him a new contract at that stage, but his agent was spreading links to PSG and we got scared into it I assume.

The first year we got saved regularly by Ibra + DDG heroics.

If Mourinho carried on the course of his first year he'd still be here now IMO.

Siorac

For a player who doesn't want to play for United he sure wants to make sure he wouldn't be able to get out! Imagine we said yes to his demands? No club anywhere, ever would match or better that so he would be here for ever.
Or he could just take a pay cut in this hypothetical future scenario.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
At that point things were going well. Before the contract he was being fairly positive - after that it ALL changed. His demeanor, the way he handled difficult situations. I think people forget but it was like he did it on purpose to get sacked.

The club were stupid to give him a new contract at that stage, but his agent was spreading links to PSG and we got scared into it I assume.

The first year we got saved regularly by Ibra + DDG heroics.

If Mourinho carried on the course of his first year he'd still be here now IMO.
Indeed, Mourinho's contract extension was a reward for the first season and the start to the second. Once again though it's an example of how the club shot their loads early. Should have at least waited till the end of his second season before handing out any contract extensions and obviously by the end of his second season the writing was already on the wall

sosolid4u09

It is all about perspective, while you may think the club needs to be applauded for fixing our defence in space of one summer. There's another line of thought, that our defence needed fixing for a long time. If the club hadn't pissed about a CB, ironically the one we signed this summer, we may very well be in CL places and players of quality of Dybala wouldn't be turning their noses at us. I am not saying either opinion is wrong, just highlighting why there could be a difference.

At the end of day, each and everyone of us wants what is best for United. Moaning and whining on forum/blindly supporting the club won't have an effect on what players do on the pitch.

After tax, Agresti reported we offered him £11m basic plus rest in bonus. Don't exactly know where the higher end of deal went but obviously not £18m.
There's no way that can be after tax.
£18m before tax is 350K a week.......after tax we're talking about over 600K per week

Andersons Dietician

Madness.... by many reports SAF had left a list of whom he thought should go and who should be brought in and we had Thiago lined up and then Moyes decided against that chased Cesc and moved for Bale when it was too late.

How was Jose not supported. He was granted 2 CB’s, the most expensive midfielder in the world at the time, Matic, Fred and a record fee for Lukaku. How is that not supporting him? Let’s not forget he was also granted Sanchez and supposedly he only asked for another CB with a week to go in the transfer window last summer when it was pretty obvious he was hanging on by his finger tips.

Let’s also look at this now. We just bought someone who looks like he might be a brilliant RB for 55mil was it and we’ve just spent a record fee for a CB. How are the managers not being supported?

If Dybala was asking for 18mil he’s making it clear he doesn’t want to be at United because he isn’t worth that much at all. We are right to walk away and if we have to see what else is out there or wait till the right target becomes available next year.

izec

Pretty sure he rejected us. We offered him 11m after tax, the reported 18m are pre tax. The agent fee of 13m was high and maybe his image rights a stumbling block as well. And he probably wasnt too excited to join. So we ended it, while he wasnt really pushing for a quick agreement.

Status
Not open for further replies.