Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Blund

I'd take Dybala, but I also want us to bring in players that want to play for us. If Pogba wants out, he should hand in a transfer request (I can't recall if he ever did that?). And we can't give away players just because they want out. But we can opt not to bring in players that don't want in. That should be a golden rule on every transfer...

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Clubs usually agree personal terms or at least get the idea if the player is willing to move and for how much. Saves a lot of time negotiating with the club if the player doesn’t want to move. Well guess what, we do it other way round. Wasting weeks negotiating with Juve and then it’s useless as the player is not keen to move. Wtf is this transfer logic?
This

It took us a week to establish he didn't want us

We are the only club that doesn't tap players up or use intermediaries apparently :lol:

AFC NimbleThumb

This pride thing with United is stupid. World class players do not want to go to a team not in the UCL.

Dybala is at stage where he feels unwanted but also wants autonomy in his decision, and so it would be natural to resist an prospect where his future is not in his hands.

Furthermore, it's hypocritical to keep Pogba who said a few ago that he wants a "new challenge" but then feed news of only wanting players who want to play for United.
Give this man a medal.

The sanctimonious nature of supporters never ceases to amaze me. I’m all for critiquing players but in the same breath i understand they’re hired hands. People want players to show loyalty whilst thinking the abuse Pogba received walking down the tunnel at OT at the end of the season is acceptable.

I was shot down for claiming wanting Pogba to leave was stupid but this is the exact reason why you try to keep hold of such a player & build.

We are in no position to discard top players, when other top players would not be coming in to replace them.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I didn't say they would. Only that if he was staying he'd probably be due a new/improved contract soon. You just cherry pick the parts of what I said though yeah.
Well I would say that it is you who doesn't want to accept that he would only be joining for money and would try to justify his wage demands. The club is doing the right thing here.

Wilt

It also sends the message that we’re not willing to pay the going rate for top players

Dangerous game to play, you don’t improve by signing players based on how eager they are to play for the club, the only way we get back to where we belong is buying players of the quality of dybala,
But he doesn’t want to play for Utd.

cyberman

Clubs usually agree personal terms or at least get the idea if the player is willing to move and for how much. Saves a lot of time negotiating with the club if the player doesn’t want to move. Well guess what, we do it other way round. Wasting weeks negotiating with Juve and then it’s useless as the player is not keen to move. Wtf is this transfer logic?
Juve offered us Dybala as part of a swap!
How are we getting the blame for this? Are we supposed to know Juve would come in with this?
Hey Dubala, in case Juve offer you in a swap what wages would you like?..

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
But he doesn’t want to play for Utd.
The sad fact is, i bet a few players here don't really want to play for United and just want the cash.
I don't think Pogba does or Sanchez, Lukaku doesn't either. Wouldn't surprise me if De Gea was swayed into staying by a huge pay rise too.
Sad fact is, players are now motivated by money. A player who says they'd die for the club would be swayed by a huge contract offer from elsewhere. Players like Scholes and Giggs etc just aren't that common anymore.

Stubble

Surely the Di Maria/Sanchez and to some extent Pogba scenarios ring alarm bells with those promoting that we continue trying to recruit players (world class or not) who mainly want to be here for the big payday. Pogba puts in a shift when he can be bothered whilst obviously distracted by his next big potential move. These massive cash deals also put intense pressure on the players.
Liverpool/Tottenham's strategy of recruiting good quality players with potential for improvement who are eager to join the clubs seems to have worked slightly better i would argue.. Give me a Salah or Mane over a Dybala any day.

Last edited:

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
The sad fact is, i bet a few players here don't really want to play for United and just want the cash.
I don't think Pogba does or Sanchez, Lukaku doesn't either. Wouldn't surprise me if De Gea was swayed into staying by a huge pay rise too.
Sad fact is, players are now motivated by money. A player who says they'd die for the club would be swayed by a huge contract offer from elsewhere. Players like Scholes and Giggs etc just aren't that common anymore.
(Scholes and Giggs wouldn't have played for the club if they weren't paid top tier wages)

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Every top play that goes to a top club asks for big money typically. It's not like players sign for big clubs and lower their demands. I think it's bs. Dybala isn't the end of the world, but what's important is what we do in the next week.....if we sign no one else? Then in my opinion, we're not being sensible or smart. It's easy to believe rumors but many peoples reasoning is based purely on rumors. This threads full of people bringing up Di Maria etc. It's complete nonsense. It'll be interesting to see what comes out of this, especially with Lukakus future up in the air. I would hate us to deal with Inter.

Eddy_JukeZ

Every player in the world wants to get paid.

Messi's been at Barcelona his entire career, 'loves' Barcelona and yet he asks for an extension every 2 years with a pay raise.

Players loving clubs and not wanting to get paid is pure fiction.

Alemar

Still i don’t understand why Dybala doesn’t want to play in EPL? It’s the most competitive league, perhaps the one which is the hardest to win. Isn’t it a challenge for a good footballer to play in the most competitive league and to prove his worth?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The issue is that pretty much everything in this is nonsensical. Footballers are professionals, they literally play the game for money and it has been the case since the beginning of professional football. No player will "die" for a club, players will leave you if you don't pay them enough or match their competitive ambitions and sometimes they will want both at the same time and always had.
As for Scholes and Giggs, they were employed by the most successful club in the PL and the richest club too who paid them handsomely, it would have been a different story if they were from Sunderland's academy.

mu4c_20le

Still i don’t understand why Dybala doesn’t want to play in EPL? It’s the most competitive league, perhaps the one which is the hardest to win. Isn’t it a challenge for a good footballer to play in the most competitive league and to prove his worth?
He didn't say that. It was made up either by italian journos or fans, because they hate the EPL.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
Don't think this is over just yet, there has been a lot invested in this deal already from both sides to just collapse over agent's commission and wages. Think this is a briefing to put pressure on the agent to accept the deal.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Footballers lack drive and will to win.

ayushreddevil9

Glad that we are not pulling another 'Sanchez'. Throwing money at everything is not the solution.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
That's just football and counts all clubs.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Imagine how last 15 years would be different if City and Chelsea were buying only players who wanted to be there.
Or maybe Aguero, Silva, Hazard, Drogba, Mourinho all had childhood dreams to sign for City/Chelsea?

But it is not important. I will repeat it. This story is BS. Ed doesn't want to pay and we became laughing stock. Again!

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
The issue is that pretty much everything in this is nonsensical. Footballers are professionals, they literally play the game for money and it has been the case since the beginning of professional football. No player will "die" for a club, players will leave you if you don't pay them enough or match their competitive ambitions and sometimes they will want both at the same time and always had.
As for Scholes and Giggs, they were employed by the most successful club in the PL and the richest club too who paid them handsomely, it would have been a different story if they were from Sunderland's academy.
I can understand that.
So basically the whole "Getting players who want to play for the club" is kinda a moot point then? Seeing as you can sign someone who says they want to play for the club, then in a season or two, they get their heads turned by elsewhere and they want to leave for more money?

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
What did he tell you about his wage demands?
Nothing :lol:

I was using the figures that you provided to make my point. Which obviously went over your head because you're now arguing semantics.

This is the end of this discussion, it's not the thread for it.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Oh well, at least Lingard and Jones want to be here. And they don't even think about leaving

ayushreddevil9

Nothing :lol:

I was using the figures that you provided to make my point. Which obviously went over your head because you're now arguing semantics.

This is the end of this discussion, it's not the thread for it.
Agreed.

ayushreddevil9

Imagine how last 15 years would be different if City and Chelsea were buying only players who wanted to be there.
Or maybe Aguero, Silva, Hazard, Drogba, Mourinho all had childhood dreams to sign for City/Chelsea?

But it is not important. I will repeat it. This story is BS. Ed doesn't want to pay and we became laughing stock. Again!
The thing is we have tried that with AdM, Sanchez and others. Didn't work out for us. We can't keep taking gambles like this anymore.

LuckyScout78

Like i said. Federico Chiesa is the versatility attacking free cam United shall get, not Dybala. Nothing in person against Dybala. From a objective point of view. And i start to value hard work and mentality abilities more and higher, beside top football skills. The full packet as a football player is most important. It include mental character. You get have it in your head too. How you will handle when it goes really tough. A hard work and winning head is important.

Buy Chiesa from Fiorentina before the transfer. He can play everywhere in the attacking. Left, right or as a free cam.
And will strengthen the RW position and cam option.
He is aggressive and good in high press football too.
His current level is really high and he is only 21. Compare to Dybala who is 25. Would cost lesser than Dybala and you will have more years in Chiesa.
Darmian from Italy is here, so it will help Chiesa to settle down in Manchester. And i can promise and guarantee Chiesa will make immediately impact. He will no need of time to adapt to premier league. Chiesa has same hard work and never say die attitude as Rashford. True quality and consistent mood will not need time to adapt.
Buy Chiesa before Juventus or other big clubs get him. Its just a matter of time big clubs will value his football quality and abilities really high.

And in the end. I have no relation to Chiesa. But his talent, abilities, include mentality. Clearly as day, belong to a top club in the future. My best recommendation to a free cam or a versatile attacking player, who you can place everywhere. Because you will know and 100% sure what you will get from this boy.

The price around Pepe, 60-70 mill £ shall be the right price for this boy. And if some clubs like Inter can pay 60 -70 for Lukaku. Then Lukaku out and Chiesa in. Will be a really good situation for United. Chiesa who will covered all the attacking positions. United will go into the season alot stronger in the attack.

And beside Maguire and Chiesa. Get Bruno too. United chance for top 3 will rise alot more.

A transfer window with James, Bissaka, Maguire, Chiesa and Bruno is a really good t.window

Pontential line up in a 4411 or you can call it a 4231 formation :

Bissaka/Darmian - Lindelof/Smalling - Maguire/Jones - Shaw/Young

Chiesa/Lingard/Mata - McTom/Matic/Fred/Mensah - Pogba/Bruno/Perreira - Martial/James/Sanchez

Free cam/nr.10 : Bruno/Chiesa

Rashford/Greenwood/Martial

There you have. Really good double covered all over the line.

And adding Sancho next summer. You will be really close to a really really good football team. Hard work + top skills + winning mentality, all in one team. Sum of that. Of you mixed all the most ideal ingredients = naturally sum and result of it. Get to be really good. In others words. Result you will be satisfy.
Top wheels, top engine, other top units and a top driver = result of it = a top car with a top driver.

A football team is like a car. There are different units. Will you get a top car. If the engine is really good, but with poor wheels?
With a football. If you get top defend and good attack, but with a poor cm. You will reduce to potential of a football team. And i am sure Sancho, Chiesa and Bruno are really close to the top level in theirs best position/units, as a part of a whole unit, a full packet of a car.
Football is part of life. Like others things in life. Special in a teamwork. You need top quality in every place, to rise the potential of a team.

Puyol, Xavi and Iniesta retired. It reduce the max potential of the car Barcelona alot. Naturally Barcelona have to struggle and they did. Same with Real Madrid. Ronaldo left and if Bale left too. RM struggle last season.

So i have been advice, recommendation and guide enough. The principal of the relations of putting different units together, to get a bigger unit. A bigger picture. Those players are mine recommendations and I believe they are ideals players and units/ingredients to make and build a really good football team in the future. And i think i have recommended long and enough on redcafe. So in the end. I will let United have they own fate.

I think there were reasons why the class of 92 were born and playing for United. Same with Cantona and Ronaldo. So everything happen for a reason. Just Let it be. What will come, will come. Ole and United coaching staff might have a different taste on players than me. So again. Different taste, choices and different path. Your own fate.

But the recipe of success will always be the same. Ingredients like top skills, top hard work mentality, luck and things like that. So again i think have share mine thoughts enough about those things, as a free consultant for United and others peoples/clubs on here. So like Cantona. Au revoir for this time.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Like i said. Federico Chiesa is the versatility attacking free cam United shall get, not Dybala. Nothing in person against Dybala. From a objective point of view. And i start to value hard work and mentality abilities more and higher, beside top football skills. The full packet as a football player is most important. It include mental character. You get have it in your head too. How you will handle when it goes really tough. A hard work and winning head is important.

Buy Chiesa from Fiorentina before the transfer. He can play everywhere in the attacking. Left, right or as a free cam.
And will strengthen the RW position and cam option.
He is aggressive and good in high press football too.
His current level is really high and he is only 21. Compare to Dybala who is 25. Would cost lesser than Dybala and you will have more years in Chiesa.
Darmian from Italy is here, so it will help Chiesa to settle down in Manchester. And i can promise and guarantee Chiesa will make immediately impact. He will no need of time to adapt to premier league. Chiesa has same hard work and never say die attitude as Rashford. True quality and consistent mood will not need time to adapt.
Buy Chiesa before Juventus or other big clubs get him. Its just a matter of time big clubs will value his football quality and abilities really high.

And in the end. I have no relation to Chiesa. But his talent, abilities, include mentality. Clearly as day, belong to a top club in the future. My best recommendation to a free cam or a versatile attacking player, who you can place everywhere. Because you will know and 100% sure what you will get from this boy.

The price around Pepe, 60-70 mill £ shall be the right price for this boy. And if some clubs like Inter can pay 60 -70 for Lukaku. Then Lukaku out and Chiesa in. Will be a really good situation for United. Chiesa who will covered all the attacking positions. United will go into the season alot stronger in the attack.

And beside Maguire and Chiesa. Get Bruno too. United chance for top 3 will rise alot more.

A transfer window with James, Bissaka, Maguire, Chiesa and Bruno is a really good t.window

Pontential line up in a 4411 or you can call it a 4231 formation :

Bissaka/Darmian - Lindelof/Smalling - Maguire/Jones - Shaw/Young

Chiesa/Lingard/Mata - McTom/Matic/Fred/Mensah - Pogba/Bruno/Perreira - Martial/James/Sanchez

Free cam/nr.10 : Bruno/Chiesa

Rashford/Greenwood/Martial

There you have. Really good double covered all over the line.

And adding Sancho next summer. You will be really close to a really really good football team. Hard work + top skills + winning mentality, all in one team. Sum of that. Of you mixed all the most ideal ingredients = naturally sum and result of it. Get to be really good. In others words. Result you will be satisfy.
Top wheels, top engine, other top units and a top driver = result of it = a top car with a top driver.

A football team is like a car. There are different units. Will you get a top car. If the engine is really good, but with poor wheels?
With a football. If you get top defend and good attack, but with a poor cm. You will reduce to potential of a football team. And i am sure Sancho, Chiesa and Bruno are really close to the top level in theirs best position/units, as a part of a whole unit, a full packet of a car.
Football is part of life. Like others things in life. Special in a teamwork. You need top quality in every place, to rise the potential of a team.

Puyol, Xavi and Iniesta retired. It reduce the max potential of the car Barcelona alot. Naturally Barcelona have to struggle and they did. Same with Real Madrid. Ronaldo left and if Bale left too. RM struggle last season.

So i have been advice, recommendation and guide enough. The principal of the relations of putting different units together, to get a bigger unit. A bigger picture. Those players are mine recommendations and I believe they are ideals players and units/ingredients to make and build a really good football team in the future. And i think i have recommended long and enough on redcafe. So in the end. I will let United have they own fate.

I think there were reasons why the class of 92 were born and playing for United. Same with Cantona and Ronaldo. So everything happen for a reason. Just Let it be. What will come, will come. Ole and United coaching staff might have a different taste on players than me. So again. Different taste, choices and different path. Your own fate.

But the recipe of success will always be the same. Ingredients like top skills, top hard work mentality, luck and things like that. So again i think have share mine thoughts enough about those things, as a free consultant for United and others peoples/clubs on here. So like Cantona. Au revoir for this time.
Chiesa is my number one target also. Would be absolutely perfect for us!

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I can understand that.
So basically the whole "Getting players who want to play for the club" is kinda a moot point then? Seeing as you can sign someone who says they want to play for the club, then in a season or two, they get their heads turned by elsewhere and they want to leave for more money?
Of course it's moot, it's a stupid thing that clubs who are failing to be competitively attractive say to save face. It's fairly simple, if it was professionally possible most players would stay near home, it used to be the case a long time ago and for example South American players were rare in Europe because local teams and competitions were as attractive. Also the premise of your second question are wrong because money is rarely a big motivator for players since they will roughly earn the same money in other clubs, it's almost always a combination of competitiveness, money and location. Otherwise most top players would be in the Gulf, China or Russia.

DavelinaJolie

As I said previously, don't want players at Utd that don't want to be at Utd. The consistent message has been he wants to stay at Juve, so just keep well away from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.