Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
We've sold Lukaku and not replaced him. That's a 75m net spend. You really think that's good enough to catch back up to Liverpool and City?

For one of the richest clubs in the world that's a pathetic sum, especially when we're in need of heavy investment.
We were never going to catch City in one transfer window, if you thought we would then well I dont know what to say

charlenefan

Right round up everyone who was losing their shit and shoot them (or ban them, I guess they dont deserve death)

0le

Feel sorry for the spurs fans. Must be so difficult being so close yet so far. At least they are used to it.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Although I'm pleased about this cause he would of been an amazing signing for them it still just goes to show that we could of signed him considering Di Marzio stated Juventus were already getting weary of the deal with Spurs and would of much preferred to sell to us in return for Romelu Lukaku. I honestly believe we could of got him and it will annoy me that we didn't reactivate this deal.
Just no.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
We were never going to catch City in one transfer window, if you thought we would then well I dont know what to say
It’s not about catching City. We’ve a weaker squad than we did last year.

tomaldinho1

The chaos of this window is hilarious - it's clear how little info most journos actually have

charlenefan

It’s not about catching City. We’ve a weaker squad than we did last year.
How are we? We've lost 2 first team players in Herrera and Lukaku (dont even dare mention Fellaini to me) and brought 2 in. The 2 we've brought in will improve us significantly more than if Herrera and Lukaku were still at the club

AJ10

Was whored around for a while but now decided not to sell. Ronaldo/fatty really fecked them with their wages.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Nobody said we'd catch them in 1 window, but at least attempt to close the gap. The ambition we're showing is very disappointing.

We spend more on Debt a year!

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
And we are not catching them with transfers too, I believe that if it happens it will be done by the coaching staff and players' individual improvement. We have a lot of players with room to grow, if they do it we will be a very different team.

Crashoutcassius

Sounds like they couldn't foot his wages and wanted juve to pay 150k a week or so... didn't ever look likely did it

150k a guess since it makes his spurs wage closer to kane...

charlenefan

Nobody said we'd catch them in 1 window, but at least attempt to close the gap. The ambition we're showing is very disappointing.

We spend more on Debt a year!
We have. We've massively levelled up the defence. People look at our defence now and say it's (on paper) one of the best in the league now. If that's not attempting to close the gap then I dont know what is

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
It depends on if you believe his wage demands were too rich for us – I don't believe that was the issue

It seems the club went cold because he didn't really want to come, which is laudable enough I suppose

As Abhinav said though, we were probably too quick to brief after Dybala's initial cold reaction and should have tried to nurture him towards finding the move attractive

It's all elementary now – we aren't doing anything more and are well short
My point is that the wage saving could have been enough to pay the agent or whatever compromise spurs may have reached to get around that and the image rights

IrishRedDevil

It’s hilarious that Spurs thought they could step up to the plate, after United failed to agree wages/agent fees/image rights. In what world did Spurs think they could afford it and make it possible when United couldn’t?

charlenefan

And we are not catching them with transfers too, I believe that if it happens it will be done by the coaching staff and players' individual improvement. We have a lot of players with room to grow, if they do it we will be a very different team.
Indeed. People seem to forget about actually coaching what you already have. This will fall on deaf ears no doubt because everyone has convinced themselves the likes of Rashford are no good and never will but come on the potential is there in him and others (Martial, Greenwood, Gomes, Pogba)

Flexdegea

Let me guess its not happening and people where getting on like fannies for the last 10 pages :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.